[LIVE WALLPAPER] Borderlight - edge highlight live wallpaper (Updated 11/1/2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ko_bart

Aug 24, 2015
App is great so far. Two things I wish were a features, an eyedropper tool for picking colours off the wallpaper, and drag and dropping the colours to rearrange them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Borderlight live wallpaper
    Hi, this is a thing I made when I got my OP6 a few months back, I stumbled across it today and figured I should post it here because some of you guys might like it. The picture explains how it looks quite well, the gradient also shifts the colors.

The entire thing was made in a day and no development was done since then (so take it for what it is), but it works well and does not crash nor drain the battery. There are no settings whatsoever! Maybe if you guys will like it (or have some neat ideas) I'll make an improved version.

Update 11/1/2018:
    App was moved to a different forum, get the latest version here!

Update 10/14/2018:
    Rendering is still using android canvases, but I've added settings that should allow you to customize the wallpaper for your phone, including custom notch settings (with a bit of trial and error). These settings are temporary and I'll try to make them better and more intuitive later. It's also possible to export your settings - you can post them here (inside code tags) for other people to use. To import them, you just need to select the entire settings code, copy it and tap "Import settings from clipboard" in the app.

Updated APK Download
    Original APK Download
    I'm alive and will work on this!

Lmao you all ran the dev away with all your requests
    Anyways, thank you OP for your hardwork. This works well.

Nah, no worries. I'm here and reading all your ideas and requests! I'm really happy that there is so much interest in this, and feel kinda bad that I left it sitting on my hard drive for months. I'm quite busy right now, so I'll try to get back during the next few days or the next weekend.

There are many requests if I could adjust this for phone X or Y. The answer is that it's not that simple - almost all phones have differently rounded screen corners and, if they have one, a differently shaped notch and AFAIK there's no way to get the screen shape in Android. So my idea is that I could implement some kind of a customizer where you could adjust Borderlight to your phone's screen and an ability to upload your preset to the cloud, so for all the new users with the same phone, the preset could actually download automagically.

There are also many requests for different effects, colors and the option of displaying a normal wallpaper behind the borders. I'll first rewrite the wallpaper rendering to OpenGL and then work on all that. This will also fix the wallpaper looking bad on screenshots as the current rendering "leaks" behind the clipped areas of the screen.

So yeah, thanks for the awesome support so far!
    New version released, check it out. Custom colors will come soon!

It would be better if there's "Never Settle" is in middle of the screen.

I'll make it possible to add any image behind the border, like a normal wallpaper.
    Big update on the way!

Okay, a big update is coming. The list of changes includes:
    • Background image support
    • Only show border when locked/unlocked
    • Desaturate/darken/hide background image when locked/unlocked
    • Black out clipped parts of the screen - the wallpaper looks good on screenshots now
    • Shorter, less annoying preset codes (with support for the old ones)
    • Correct rendering in landscape mode
    • Wider range of border radii - will now support Pixel 3 XL
    Video showcase:

My question is: Should I continue in this thread or make a new one in the general application section, as this app is no longer tied to the OP6?