FORUMS

[MOD][2018-09-23] OnePlus Camera M

209 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,158

By txx1219, Senior Member on 13th August 2018, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

For OP5/5T thread, click here

Don't hesitate to post your settings, samples and comparisons !

Before installing

If you have installed an update of Oneplus Camera before, you have to understand that the update is "above" the original system application. Because my mod replace the original system application, you will never see a difference because the current app will be the updated app and not the system app.
To remove the update, go into the App Info of Oneplus Camera, press the tree dots in the top right and press "Uninstall Updates".

Changelog
Code:
2018-09-23
- Based on 2.8.20 (New UI design and others improvements)
- Fix issue of wrong orientation
- Compatible with Android 8.1 and 9

2018-08-12 TEST 
- First release
- Based on new version 2.7.3
- Possibility to control sharpness post-applied
- Possibility to control noise reduction
- Only working on OP6 ! I don't have made a version compatible both for OP5 and OP6 yet.
- This is a test version. I hope everyone plays with options available to find out bests configurations at certain conditions (bright light, mid-light and low-light). I can after that define a pattern to be applied according to what you decide.

Downloads
Magisk Module
Older (2018-08-12 TEST)

Big credits for
@Arnova8G2 , massive thanks for helping me understand better Camera2 API and motivates me to do all this. Without him, this mod would be not here today.
@DorianX for finding solution to get Panorama working
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to txx1219 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift txx1219 Ad-Free
13th August 2018, 08:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,158

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txx1219 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift txx1219 Ad-Free
13th August 2018, 09:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More

Installed and it's working perfectly!
It is dark here so I'll do more testing next morning.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Librazy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Librazy Ad-Free
13th August 2018, 09:34 PM |#4  
Flag Viersen
Thanks Meter: 206

More
WHOA
My biggest issue on the OP6 camera is the heavy oversharpening and too much noise reduction (aka water color effect). I rather have a little bit of grain like Gcam does while showing way more fine detail and texture.

Let's see what this one does.
Please add a saturation, tint (the OP6 is quite on the magenta side) and contrast slider if possible
Will do some tests and comparisons tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

My first observations:
Edge sharpening off doesn't mean sharpening is off. The picture is a bit cleaner already though - no more oil-painting effect. I wish it would be possible to dial it down even further though.
Noise reduction off means that chroma reduction still works the same but luma noise reduction is greatly reduced. Way more detail but also some film-like grain. Fast and minimal cause too much of a detail and texture loss. Off is perfect in terms of detail, but lots of noise. Is it possible to have something in-between?
The picture output is way closer to gcam!

Thanks for the mod! @txx1219
Will keep me from using gcam in many situations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deezid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deezid Ad-Free
13th August 2018, 09:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Damm!

Now that i going return the phone!!
13th August 2018, 09:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Using the app from now. Tomorrow I will do tests to see how.

Thanks!!!
13th August 2018, 10:44 PM |#7  
Flag Selden, NY
Thanks Meter: 4,419

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezid

WHOA
My biggest issue on the OP6 camera is the heavy oversharpening and too much noise reduction (aka water color effect). I rather have a little bit of grain like Gcam does while showing way more fine detail and texture.

Let's see what this one does.
Please add a saturation, tint (the OP6 is quite on the magenta side) and contrast slider if possible
Will do some tests and comparisons tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

My first observations:
Edge sharpening off doesn't mean sharpening is off. The picture is a bit cleaner already though - no more oil-painting effect. I wish it would be possible to dial it down even further though.
Noise reduction off means that chroma reduction still works the same but luma noise reduction is greatly reduced. Way more detail but also some film-like grain. Fast and minimal cause too much of a detail and texture loss. Off is perfect in terms of detail, but lots of noise. Is it possible to have something in-between?
The picture output is way closer to gcam!

Thanks for the mod! @txx1219
Will keep me from using gcam in many situations.

What I don't like about the stock cam is that it's never sharp enough and always tries to smooth everything out which I hate. It would be nice to have the pic process exactly the way it is shown in the viewfinder before you take it. The Google Camera's that we have are much sharper but have too many other bugs. This camera M doesn't really take good quality photos. It's similar quality to the ones on the older builds of Lineage custom roms before the camera fixes were applied.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajsmsg78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajsmsg78 Ad-Free
14th August 2018, 04:47 AM |#8  
Flag in front of ENCHILADA
Thanks Meter: 829

More
But Potraits images are better on stock OOS AS compared to camera M
14th August 2018, 07:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Installed it on the DP3, seems that it works but the camera app looks funky.
14th August 2018, 09:53 AM |#10  
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Is it possible that you could apply these mods to the Android P cam? Here is the download link from the APK i pulled from beta 3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6a4zto...amera.apk/file Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to mingo_mgx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mingo_mgx Ad-Free
14th August 2018, 11:04 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo_mgx

Is it possible that you could apply these mods to the Android P cam? Here is the download link from the APK i pulled from beta 3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6a4zto...amera.apk/file Thank you!

Why not wait till the final android p release? No doubt that the camera apk will be updated also then
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)