FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OnePlus Case selection

145 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By Xg3nFatality, Senior Member on 3rd November 2018, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I think I am finally going to give in and get the OP6T. I've heard a lot of good things about 1+'s own cases and wanted to get everyone's opinion. I'm going back and forth between the Karbon and the Nylon cases. Should I go for one of those or find one on Amazon?

thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Xg3nFatality For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xg3nFatality Ad-Free

3rd November 2018, 11:39 PM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xg3nFatality

I think I am finally going to give in and get the OP6T. I've heard a lot of good things about 1+'s own cases and wanted to get everyone's opinion. I'm going back and forth between the Karbon and the Nylon cases. Should I go for one of those or find one on Amazon?

thanks!

I like carbon fiber so I bought the Carbon case when I bought the phone.
4th November 2018, 01:35 AM |#3  
Flag Shakopee
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:

thanks!

I got the carbon case too, but it's a little slippery for my taste. I have the nylon on order now.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I also just got the Tech 21 case from my TMO store. Which was a surprise because it's not even listed on their website. I like it.

The Following User Says Thank You to gwstmar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gwstmar Ad-Free
4th November 2018, 02:23 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwstmar

I got the carbon case too, but it's a little slippery for my taste. I have the nylon on order now.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I also just got the Tech 21 case from my TMO store. Which was a surprise because it's not even listed on their website. I like it.

When you get the nylon case want to report back with how you like it compared to the Karbon? I really like the look of Nylon but I feel like it is going to wear pretty fast
4th November 2018, 02:35 AM |#5  
Flag Shakopee

More
Quote:

When you get the nylon case want to report back with how you like it compared to the Karbon? I really like the look of Nylon but I feel like it is going to wear pretty fast

Will do. It should be here by 11/6.

4th November 2018, 11:01 AM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,241

More
I had the Karbon case for the 5T and really liked it - felt great and was minimal enough to not spoil the phone, but it did crack after a while and I lost a couple of corners from it. I'm not clumsy or careless, so that wasn't good enough for me.

I've been using Ornarto cases since then and they're very similar but a lot sturdier. They're also cheaper than you'd expect for a good minimal case. I currently have one on my P20 Pro, but that's mainly to stop it sliding off the sofa every 10 seconds

This is the one I ordered...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORNARTO-One...p/B07HN5KJ8L/r
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archer Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 04:09 AM |#7  
Flag Shakopee

More
Quote:

Will do. It should be here by 11/6.

I got the nylon case today. It feels really solid, but I'm surprised that it feels a little slippery still for my taste. Still better than the Karbon case.

7th November 2018, 04:53 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 420

More
Which one adds more bulk? Nylon or Karbon?
Quote:

I got the nylon case today. It feels really solid, but I'm surprised that it feels a little slippery still for my taste. Still better than the Karbon case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
7th November 2018, 04:56 AM |#9  
Flag Shakopee

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiestuff

Which one adds more bulk? Nylon or Karbon?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

They add the same amount of bulk as far as I can tell. That being said, they are rather small in comparison to the tech 21 I got.

The Following User Says Thank You to gwstmar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gwstmar Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 06:52 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona

More
Quote:

Ya I don't want anything slippery so I guess the Karbon case is out for me. I might get the Nylon and also look at the third party options.
7th November 2018, 06:56 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer

I had the Karbon case for the 5T and really liked it - felt great and was minimal enough to not spoil the phone, but it did crack after a while and I lost a couple of corners from it. I'm not clumsy or careless, so that wasn't good enough for me.

I've been using Ornarto cases since then and they're very similar but a lot sturdier. They're also cheaper than you'd expect for a good minimal case. I currently have one on my P20 Pro, but that's mainly to stop it sliding off the sofa every 10 seconds

This is the one I ordered...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORNARTO-One...p/B07HN5KJ8L/r

Did you get the green color as well? Ever since the Mate 20 pro showed the emerald green I've really enjoyed seeing that color on phones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)