FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Which Screen Protector Will You Be Getting For Your OnePlus 6T ?

2,403 posts
Thanks Meter: 712

By SlyUK, Senior Member on 27th October 2018, 05:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Apart from the Official one from OnePlus, I'll be on the lookout for ones from the following companies:

https://orzly.com/

https://www.sgfreshidea.com/

https://www.amazingat.com/

https://rhinoshield.io/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlyUK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SlyUK Ad-Free

27th October 2018, 06:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,161

More
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charlieb620 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift charlieb620 Ad-Free
29th October 2018, 02:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I would like to get something that doesn't cut the pixels in the screen area..Not seeing many options for Tempered Glass screen protectors for the Oneplus 6T yet..Will have to wait for some feedback..

Had seen a few in the forums for the Oneplus 6 that leaves the screen fully visible but then those were not durable enough as per the feedback..

Update : Still looking for a good tempered glass but beginning to like this Gadgetshieldz screen protector for its fantastic self healing. Got it as a temporary solution along with their skins but so far it has held up good and scratches are clearing up automatically. Importantly, the Onscreen finger print scanner is also working perfectly fine. Would recommend this.

https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplu...es-guards.html

So as of now, planning to remain with the Gadgetshieldz screen protector and adding up a bumper for more protection unless something really good comes up.

29th October 2018, 09:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I ordered this one to try even though we can't order the phone until Thursday
The Following User Says Thank You to uvbeenzaned For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uvbeenzaned Ad-Free
30th October 2018, 07:47 AM |#5  
Flag Zoetermeer
Thanks Meter: 5,808

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

Ooooh - which case is that? That looks like a Spigen but I can't see it on their website...
30th October 2018, 05:54 PM |#6  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 331

More
I thought the 6t comes with a screen protector pre-installed. But I do like a glass protector rather than film. Im planning on getting one this Thursday. Should I remove the pre-installed film before applying the glass one or just install the glass on top?
30th October 2018, 11:29 PM |#7  
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoang

I thought the 6t comes with a screen protector pre-installed. But I do like a glass protector rather than film. Im planning on getting one this Thursday. Should I remove the pre-installed film before applying the glass one or just install the glass on top?

The 6T comes with a pre-applied plastic screenprotector like previous models.
You should remove the plastic screenprotector when installing a tempered glass protector.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinkel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vinkel Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 12:23 AM |#8  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkel

The 6T comes with a pre-applied plastic screenprotector like previous models.
You should remove the plastic screenprotector when installing a tempered glass protector.

Does removing the pre-installed screen protector voided your warranty? I thought I heard it somewhere. Sorry I have been out of the OnePlus game for awhile. My last OnePlus was the OnePlus 2.
31st October 2018, 12:29 AM |#9  
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoang

Does removing the pre-installed screen protector voided your warranty? I thought I heard it somewhere. Sorry I have been out of the OnePlus game for awhile. My last OnePlus was the OnePlus 2.

No, not at all. And it is still allowed to unlock the bootloader if you want to root the phone or use another ROM, without loosing your warranty. Though if you are from the US and buy from T-mobile there are some other rules I believe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinkel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vinkel Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 03:41 PM |#10  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Can anybody in Europe see OnePlus tempered glass for the 6T? It's not present on their site for me.
31st October 2018, 08:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I don't think oneplus is providing any tempered glass for 6T yet. I don't even see otterbox case for 6t as well
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oneplus, screen protection

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)