FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [OOS] Omega kernel [August 10, 2019]

4,530 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,808

By kristofpetho, Senior Member on 27th February 2019, 07:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 6T, using it as my current daily driver.
My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features
  • Up to date with OxygenOS 9.0.16 source
  • Compiled with kernel.org's stock GCC 9.1.0 for maximum stability and compatibility
  • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
  • Kernel uses stock WLAN module of OOS
  • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm
  • Disabled OnePlus's inbuilt debugging feature in kernel
  • Hides bootloader unlock from SafetyNet
  • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release post

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sdm845
Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

Nathan Chance for his guidance and patience with general kernel dev questions
Kerneltoast for his guidance
zx2c4 (for WireGuard)
osm0sis (for AnyKernel2)
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to kristofpetho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kristofpetho Ad-Free

27th February 2019, 07:46 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zoetermeer

More
Features that will not be added to future builds (so don't bother asking):
  • New, non-stock I/O schedulers
  • Wakelock blocker (they negatively impact battery life anyways)
  • OC options
  • Anything that's not standard (stock) functionality - i.e. DT2W, etc.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kristofpetho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kristofpetho Ad-Free
27th February 2019, 08:11 PM |#3  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Thanks for sharing your work!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HACK3DANDR0ID For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HACK3DANDR0ID Ad-Free
27th February 2019, 10:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zoetermeer

More
I will just leave this here...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190227-231911.jpg
Views:	9158
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	4713882  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kristofpetho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kristofpetho Ad-Free
27th February 2019, 11:36 PM |#5  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 318

More
For AOSP Custom ROMs as well or just OOS?
28th February 2019, 05:49 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zoetermeer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDevices

For AOSP Custom ROMs as well or just OOS?

OOS only, sorry!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kristofpetho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kristofpetho Ad-Free
28th February 2019, 06:36 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristofpetho

I will just leave this here...

First of all,judging the battery performance just from 100-91% and being happy is similar to premature ejaculation.Because drain from 100-90s is never accurate.
Secondly,those stats are nothing worth bragging about since most other kernels(including stock) will give better battery.
28th February 2019, 07:17 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2,316

More
Just flashed thanks for the kernel 👍
28th February 2019, 07:38 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zoetermeer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSmith89

First of all,judging the battery performance just from 100-91% and being happy is similar to premature ejaculation.Because drain from 100-90s is never accurate.
Secondly,those stats are nothing worth bragging about since most other kernels(including stock) will give better battery.

Thanks for the honest feedback, though I don't appreciate the tone.

Though you are right in that I probably should have given a bit more context - on stock I usually got about 15-16% drain on similar conditions, as I have 3 Exchange accounts constantly syncing, a Gmail account, as well as Whatsapp.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kristofpetho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kristofpetho Ad-Free
28th February 2019, 07:47 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 707

More
Somebody drinking Haterade early....I mean thanks for this.... something new to try...
The Following User Says Thank You to mlock420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mlock420 Ad-Free
28th February 2019, 08:56 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSmith89

Ok so how much did you pay him to develop this kernel? If you can't appreciate something given to you for free, then at least keep that dirty hole on your face to yourself and don't open it in public forums with that arrogant tone. Kids like you is the reason why we don't see much developers being active here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristofpetho

Thanks for the honest feedback, though I don't appreciate the tone.

Though you are right in that I probably should have given a bit more context - on stock I usually got about 15-16% drain on similar conditions, as I have 3 Exchange accounts constantly syncing, a Gmail account, as well as Whatsapp.

You don't have to respond to such ignorant entitled kids. You're doing a wonderful job. I flashed your kernel and honestly surprised with the battery life too.

I mainly believe in having pure performance over much features so this kernel perfectly fits my needs. Keep up the good work!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DroidSmasher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DroidSmasher Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)