FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MAGISK] [BOOT] Pre rooted Boot.img for Oneplus 6T Android 10 Open Beta 1

141 posts
Thanks Meter: 91

By dtronics, Senior Member on 19th October 2019, 09:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys

UPDATE 2: (2/11/2019) Boot img now patched to Magisk V20.1 and added Google Drive as a mirror

UPDATE: It has come to my attention that some users are having issues with this version, please note this is still in beta and root isn't fully supported yet, also please make sure your running the latest magisk manager (version 7.3.5 at the time of this update) BEFORE flashing the patched boot IMG, those currently having issues, try flashing the stock IMG provided and installing the latest magisk manager then flashing the patched IMG

here is a working magisk patched boot img for you guys wanting root on your new android 10 open beta 1 software.

PLEASE BE AWARE THIS DOESNT COME WITH TWRP, THIS MAY ALSO BREAK THE ORIGINAL STOCK RECOVERY, BY FLASHING THIS BOOT IMG, YOU TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DEVICE AND NEITHER I OR XDA WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE

this DOESNT contain TWRP but is just rooted with magisk v20.0

simply flash the provided file in fastboot with the following command

Code:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
Code:
fastboot reboot
Please note this will ONLY work with the OnePlus 6T

i have also provided the stock android 10 boot img in case anything goes wrong

DOWNLOADS::

[CURRENT VERSION - Magisk V20.1]

Mega -> https://mega.nz/#!YI5BkICC!66fiUUdmg...HBMBdwxErpI-co
Google Drive -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xyR...ew?usp=sharing

[OLD Versions]

[Magisk V20.0]
https://mega.nz/#!cQRFwA7b!R1yLz1ozF...N1PrWvSSh22vHw

Stock Boot img

https://mega.nz/#!1BAnRCoK!nu6UVAnR2...1q2BFMU0LK7XC4

Credits:

@oneplus for the phone and stock boot image
@topjohnwu for magisk and his boot image patcher
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dtronics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dtronics Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 12:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Trying now. Will report.

Update: Well, after a reboot, it is just sitting at the spinning animated boot logo...been like 10 minutes.

Also couldn't enter recovery after flashing the new patched boot img.

Update 2: Flashed back stock boot.img then recovery worked and phone booted fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to techlogik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift techlogik Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 12:50 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Do i need a computer for this ?
20th October 2019, 12:57 AM |#4  
Flag Canastota, NY
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik

Trying now. Will report.

Update: Well, after a reboot, it is just sitting at the spinning animated boot logo...been like 10 minutes.

Also couldn't enter recovery after flashing the new patched boot img.

Update 2: Flashed back stock boot.img then recovery worked and phone booted fine.

Did you try this by chance? We have the A/B partitions I don't think "fastboot flash boot ... " flashes both partitions.

Code:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
The Following User Says Thank You to mywebslave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mywebslave Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 02:09 AM |#5  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 759

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie95113

Do i need a computer for this ?

yes because fastboot command is needed, henced done using pc.
20th October 2019, 03:29 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mywebslave

Did you try this by chance? We have the A/B partitions I don't think "fastboot flash boot ... " flashes both partitions.

Code:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img

Only the active partition gets flashed by default that is booting...it does that fine. I don't think Magisk is compatible on the OP6T for rooting and patching the new boot.img.

Same thing even manually flashing both. It just sits with the spinning boot animation for eternity.

I also used the payload extractor and took the stock boot.img and patched it with Magisk myself. Same issue. So obviously Magisk just doesn't suppor this phone yet and Devs need to work on it.

Thx
The Following User Says Thank You to techlogik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift techlogik Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 03:40 AM |#7  
Flag Canastota, NY

More
Quote:

Only the active partition gets flashed by default that is booting...it does that fine. I don't think Magisk is compatible on the OP6T for rooting and patching the new boot.img.

Same thing even manually flashing both. It just sits with the spinning boot animation for eternity.

I tried patching the stock boot.img myself as well, it ends up being the exact same size as the TS for this method...same problem.

Thx

Weird I was able to do the local update and install magisk to the inactive partition prior to reboot. On reboot worked fine just no recovery.

Maybe it just doesn't like this particular one. I used the latest canary version.

I'll try patching one when I get home and see how it goes. If it works out I'll post it here.
20th October 2019, 03:58 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

Weird I was able to do the local update and install magisk to the inactive partition prior to reboot. On reboot worked fine just no recovery.

Maybe it just doesn't like this particular one. I used the latest canary version.

I'll try patching one when I get home and see how it goes. If it works out I'll post it here.

Yes, I did the same thing. Also, as mentioned above, I used the payload extractor and grabbed the stock boot.img right from the Beta1 zip file.

Then, cppied over to the phone, used Magisk with Canary build as well, then flashed both boot_a and b directly with the patched file. Just sits at the animated boot spinning.

Flash stock images back, boots right up. I'm on a OP6T unlocked US phone on VZW. No problems with any other build beta or stable with twrp or magisk and custom kernels.

Thanks
20th October 2019, 05:19 AM |#9  
Flag Canastota, NY

More
Quote:

Yes, I did the same thing. Also, as mentioned above, I used the payload extractor and grabbed the stock boot.img right from the Beta1 zip file.

Then, cppied over to the phone, used Magisk with Canary build as well, then flashed both boot_a and b directly with the patched file. Just sits at the animated boot spinning.

Flash stock images back, boots right up. I'm on a OP6T unlocked US phone on VZW. No problems with any other build beta or stable with twrp or magisk and custom kernels.

Thanks

So weird. Same setup as mine op6t, unlocked, Verizon. Haven't had a single issue. I'm gonna give it a try in a few minutes. I'll see what happens

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I did a fresh payload dump. Flashed to both A/B partitions, reboot, booted up fast as hell.

Here's the one I patched

magisk_patched.img
boot.img
Not sure if it makes a difference but I did mine on linux with latest platform tools.
20th October 2019, 06:08 AM |#10  
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1,169

More
Quote:

So weird. Same setup as mine op6t, unlocked, Verizon. Haven't had a single issue. I'm gonna give it a try in a few minutes. I'll see what happens

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I did a fresh payload dump. Flashed to both A/B partitions, reboot, booted up fast as hell.

Here's the one I patched

magisk_patched.img

boot.img

Not sure if it makes a difference but I did mine on linux with latest platform tools.

So should we be using this instead?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
20th October 2019, 07:00 AM |#11  
Flag Sitiawan
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Here's the one I patched

magisk_patched.img
boot.img

Gave this a try, no luck. Stuck in bootloop but as soon as I flashed back the stock boot, it booted up just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to zhenliang1102 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zhenliang1102 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)