FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

App Battery Optimization resetting after reboot?

1,902 posts
Thanks Meter: 420

By biggiestuff, Senior Member on 27th November 2018, 03:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
There are are a few apps that I set to be "NOT OPTIMIZED" such as wear OS and Nest. Lately I've noticed that apps that are set to this setting are reset back to OPTIMIZED after a reboot of the phone. I tried to see if this behavior is on my Pixel XL 2 but the settings stick after a reboot on the Pixel. Is anyone else experiencing this on their OnePlus?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biggiestuff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift biggiestuff Ad-Free

7th December 2018, 12:00 AM |#2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Yes, I am experiencing this as well. I thought I was going crazy. I use the Nine email app for work and after every reset it tells me that the app is not set to be used the background for syncing. I just set a bunch of apps to not optimize to be sure, and upon restart my 'not optimized' list is empty.
The Following User Says Thank You to Murphy71984 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Murphy71984 Ad-Free
7th December 2018, 04:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiestuff

There are are a few apps that I set to be "NOT OPTIMIZED" such as wear OS and Nest. Lately I've noticed that apps that are set to this setting are reset back to OPTIMIZED after a reboot of the phone. I tried to see if this behavior is on my Pixel XL 2 but the settings stick after a reboot on the Pixel. Is anyone else experiencing this on their OnePlus?

I'm having the same issue with Wear OS. Every reboot I have to set to Not Optimize
7th December 2018, 04:17 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
I posted in the OnePlus community and support contacted me to get a log file but it's 69mb. They asked me to email but i can't. I'm waiting for their response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayze23

I'm having the same issue with Wear OS. Every reboot I have to set to Not Optimize

The Following User Says Thank You to biggiestuff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift biggiestuff Ad-Free
7th December 2018, 05:55 PM |#5  
Flag Manchester, NH
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:

I posted in the OnePlus community and support contacted me to get a log file but it's 69mb. They asked me to email but i can't. I'm waiting for their response.

They know about this. It's been happening on all of my OP phones. It's really irritating.
7th December 2018, 06:00 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
All of your op phones meaning previous generations of OnePlus phones? If so that doesn't bode well for a fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerryx

They know about this. It's been happening on all of my OP phones. It's really irritating.

7th December 2018, 06:14 PM |#7  
Flag Manchester, NH

More
Quote:

All of your op phones meaning previous generations of OnePlus phones? If so that doesn't bode well for a fix.

Yes, 5t and 5 as well. Problem here is for me and a lot of other people, they are using apps like Plus Beat to get notifications since OP idiotically removed the notification light, and those apps need optimization turned off to work. It's not a hard fix to go unselect it again but it shouldnt be happening regardless.
11th December 2018, 02:24 AM |#8  
Flag Manchester, NH

More
This is now happening WITHOUT rebooting the phone. How do we fix this?? Plus beat us constantly being overwritten to optimize battery when I turned it off.
The Following User Says Thank You to xgerryx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xgerryx Ad-Free
12th December 2018, 01:32 AM |#9  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerryx

This is now happening WITHOUT rebooting the phone. How do we fix this?? Plus beat us constantly being overwritten to optimize battery when I turned it off.

Same here
29th January 2019, 12:41 AM |#10  
Flag Boulder, CO
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Same thing here. I did find that the reset happens after reboot. If you restart and go straight to battery to look at your app optimization, everything will be fine. Then wait 30 seconds or so and everything will have been reset to "Optimize." Super frustrating.
29th January 2019, 03:08 AM |#11  
Flag Long Island
Thanks Meter: 604

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikjft

Same thing here. I did find that the reset happens after reboot. If you restart and go straight to battery to look at your app optimization, everything will be fine. Then wait 30 seconds or so and everything will have been reset to "Optimize." Super frustrating.

It is a know issue and Oneplus has this set this way on purpose. We can only help enough of us complained to Oneplus and this gets changed on some future update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)