FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OP6T] fastboot erase persist

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By defcondoc, Junior Member on 1st May 2019, 01:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello ALL!
I normally don't message much because usually I can find most of my problems can be fixed by searching threads online. However, this particular case for me has been exhausting because through trial and error I have been unsuccessful in getting my 6T to boot into any rom normally.

I went from a stock T-Mobile to International version to LOS. The reason I did what I did was because I could get a IMEI or SIM to register on LOS. That worked fine on OOS 9.0.11. but as soon a I flash the latest LOS, no sim, bootloader, or IMEI detection.

I was rooted and unlocked. Now I am neither.

While on LOS, someone on another forum suggested to erase the persist partition and reflash to get the sim imei back so the phone would get service, when the phone rebooted it still didn't work and then the second time it rebooted it always gets stuck on the boot screen and never boots into the OS.
I tried to repair and reflash but was unsuccessful.

Since doing all of that, Ive reflashed using msm tool and although that was successful for OOS 9.0.11 and T-Mobile stock rom. It gets stuck on the boot screens for both.
I flashed LOS on A & B so I don't have a stock recovery.
I can't ADB anymore. I can only seem to connect via FASTBOOT but cannot seem to flash anything because the BOOTLOADER is now LOCKED.

How can I get this phone back to its original state? What ever the persist partition is. Removing it had made the phone non-bootable.

What can I do to fix? I greatly appreciate any help to get the phone operational again.

Thank you all!

1st May 2019, 02:39 AM |#2  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,346

More
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...us-6t-t3862516

- Go to the thread linked above and download the latest OOS (.13) stable.
- Download latest Magisk.
- Have the latest TWRP .img downloaded and on-hand, you will use a few times as well as the installer .zip.
- Be sure to have adb/fastboot installed.

***BACK UP DATA, YOUR PHONE WILL BE WIPED. INTERNAL SD AS WELL***

- Put your phone into fastboot mode (reboot to bootloader).
- Go to the folder you downloaded in the first step and run the "flash all.bat".
- Ignore errors. If it's get stuck for more than 45 seconds, just hit enter to keep it going.
- OOS will boot. Go to settings, enable developer setting, enable advanced reboot and reboot bootloader again.
- Use "fastboot boot 'twrp-file-name'.img" to boot into TWRP.
- In TWRP, go to Reboot and changed the boot partition to the one NOT CURRENTLY enabled. In other words, switch boot partitions.
- Reboot bootloader.
- Go to the folder you downloaded in the first step and run the "flash all.bat" again.
- OOS will boot. Go to settings, enable developer setting, enable advanced reboot and reboot bootloader again.
- Use "fastboot boot 'twrp-file-name'.img" to boot into TWRP again.
- Move Magisk installer and TWRP installer from steps two and three onto the internal memory of your device.
- Flash TWRP, reboot recovery to make sure it sticks.
- Flash Magisk for root.
- Wipe dalvik and reboot system.

You will have the latest stable OOS on both partitions at this point! I literally just did this yesterday. Good luck!
1st May 2019, 04:40 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Cory..

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...us-6t-t3862516

- Go to the thread linked above and download the latest OOS (.13) stable.
- Download latest Magisk.
- Have the latest TWRP .img downloaded and on-hand, you will use a few times as well as the installer .zip.
- Be sure to have adb/fastboot installed.

- Put your phone into fastboot mode (reboot to bootloader).
- Go to the folder you downloaded in the first step and run the "flash all.bat".
- Ignore errors. If it's get stuck for more than 45 seconds, just hit enter to keep it going.
- Use "fastboot boot 'twrp-file-name'.img" to boot into TWRP.
- In TWRP, go to Reboot and changed the boot partition to the one NOT CURRENTLY enabled. In other words, switch boot partitions.
- Reboot bootloader.
- Go to the folder you downloaded in the first step and run the "flash all.bat" again.
- Use "fastboot boot 'twrp-file-name'.img" to boot into TWRP again.
- Move Magisk installer and TWRP installer from steps two and three onto the internal memory of your device.
- Flash TWRP, reboot recovery to make sure it sticks.
- Flash Magisk for root.
- Wipe dalvik and reboot system.

You will have the latest stable OOS on both partitions at this point! I literally just did this yesterday. Good luck!

Thank you but how can I flash if my bootloader is locked? Everything I try fails.
1st May 2019, 04:55 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I guess the real question is: How can I get the phone to turn on OEM UNLOCK so I can fastboot unlock the Bootloader if it wont boot up the OS?
1st May 2019, 05:24 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Is there a way to fix it via the msmdownload tool? Custom file maybe? I've tried the files 9.0.11 & 12 OOS files and all I get is the boot screen white ball logo circling the red ball - stuck in loop and same with stock t-mobile rom.
1st May 2019, 05:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
My friend, sounds like you need to restore your EFS partitions

... I'm trying to figure out how the hell you successfully flashed MSM tool in EDL mode and not have ALL your partitions restored. That tool is supposed to literally write the phone as it came out of the box. Also I think there are different MSM tools for each device respectively, you did use the T-Mobile one right?
1st May 2019, 08:28 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Causical

My friend, sounds like you need to restore your EFS partitions

... I'm trying to figure out how the hell you successfully flashed MSM tool in EDL mode and not have ALL your partitions restored. That tool is supposed to literally write the phone as it came out of the box. Also I think there are different MSM tools for each device respectively, you did use the T-Mobile one right?

My thoughts exactly. So, when it was on LOS I erased the persist partition and that really messed things up. So yes, how can I restore the partition back with a locked bootloader? Every time I've used MSM tool it fixes everything. This time no such luck. I flashed 9.0.11 & 12 and then I did the T-Mobile version. All only boot to the boot screen and hang. In doing so, I wasn't thinking if that failed and it locks the bootloader, then what? I saw an old video somewhere on a oneplus 2 or 3 where the person used the msm tool 3.0 and fixed a bricked locked bootloader phone. Similar to the fastboot method of reformatting. In the msm tool folder he had all the image files for all the partitions not sure if that the same thing as msm tool 4.0 with just one ops image file?

Anyway, is there a way to unlock the bootloader without booting into the OS? Or a way to restore the partitions via msm tool?
1st May 2019, 03:05 PM |#8  
Flag LA, CA, USA | Los Angeles, California, USA
Thanks Meter: 43

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcondoc

My thoughts exactly. So, when it was on LOS I erased the persist partition and that really messed things up. So yes, how can I restore the partition back with a locked bootloader? Every time I've used MSM tool it fixes everything. This time no such luck. I flashed 9.0.11 & 12 and then I did the T-Mobile version. All only boot to the boot screen and hang. In doing so, I wasn't thinking if that failed and it locks the bootloader, then what? I saw an old video somewhere on a oneplus 2 or 3 where the person used the msm tool 3.0 and fixed a bricked locked bootloader phone. Similar to the fastboot method of reformatting. In the msm tool folder he had all the image files for all the partitions not sure if that the same thing as msm tool 4.0 with just one ops image file?

Anyway, is there a way to unlock the bootloader without booting into the OS? Or a way to restore the partitions via msm tool?

Try this and tell me if it works.
1st May 2019, 06:52 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Have you tried this dudes stuff? https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...tools-t3914746

... Not even sure what it is really, just says collection of unbrick tools.
1st May 2019, 10:18 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Masked_

Try this and tell me if it works.

Yes, I did try that. That is what I just flashed with the msm tool. Gets stuck on the OOS boot animation.
1st May 2019, 10:22 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Causical

Have you tried this dudes stuff? https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...tools-t3914746

... Not even sure what it is really, just says collection of unbrick tools.

Looks like the MSM tool. I'm going to give 9.0.13 a try but I'm thinking I may have the same problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)