FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Return to stock/rooted?

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Floridaplur, Junior Member on 10th September 2019, 08:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm currently custom rom/root/unlocked bootloader.

I'd like to return to OOS with root and unlocked bootloader.

Is it as simple as flashing a stock OOS image in twrp and then flashing magisk and twrp?

Can anyone spell out the order of the steps for me? I've searched and can't find any answers to this noob question. It's crazy, I can flash custom ROMs all day but my brain farts on returning to stockish lol.

10th September 2019, 08:26 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Note that I'm using an originally TMobile variant, flashed to international.

I would be fine with using MSM and then unlocking my bootloader again, but would I use the standard MSM or the patched this time?
11th September 2019, 01:52 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Bump would really like to go back to stock. Which MSM tool would I use being this was a tmo/intl conversion?
11th September 2019, 04:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaplur

Bump would really like to go back to stock. Which MSM tool would I use being this was a tmo/intl conversion?

Are you trying to go back to the TMO version or international? If TMO use regular TMO msmtool, unlock bl, flash or boot twrp and flash magisk for root. If going to international.. same but with patched msmtool.
11th September 2019, 12:38 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestyr8

Are you trying to go back to the TMO version or international? If TMO use regular TMO msmtool, unlock bl, flash or boot twrp and flash magisk for root. If going to international.. same but with patched msmtool.

I would like to return to international. Basically, I'd like to get myself ready to take the 10 update when it releases.
11th September 2019, 01:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaplur

I would like to return to international. Basically, I'd like to get myself ready to take the 10 update when it releases.

Best and easiest way would be to use patched msmtool from the convert TMO to international thread, unlock bl and root again. You will lose all data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)