FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Verizon MMS won't download

952 posts
Thanks Meter: 109

By Psych0t1c20, Senior Member on 17th November 2018, 05:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Having issues with download mms. Some apps work like stock and pulse, but others like yaata, mood, etc don't. I can't edit the apn settings in the native settings app, so does anyone have any suggestions?

17th November 2018, 05:24 AM |#2  
Flag Gainesville, FL
Thanks Meter: 834

More
Are you cdma_less?

If not, then search. There's a hundred messages about it.
17th November 2018, 06:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartleyshc

Are you cdma_less?

If not, then search. There's a hundred messages about it.

Yes.
17th November 2018, 07:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For me it seems that mms is working in some messaging apps and not others. Signal, for example, cant download mms messages but when i use the default messaging app it seemed to work okay, at least for group messages. SMS works on all and it's been set to CDMA-less
17th November 2018, 08:29 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyruzx

For me it seems that mms is working in some messaging apps and not others. Signal, for example, cant download mms messages but when i use the default messaging app it seemed to work okay, at least for group messages. SMS works on all and it's been set to CDMA-less

Exactly what I'm dealing with. Yaata, textra and mood doesn't download mms at all and I use yaata so I really wanna know what a fix could be.
18th November 2018, 06:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0t1c20

Exactly what I'm dealing with. Yaata, textra and mood doesn't download mms at all and I use yaata so I really wanna know what a fix could be.

Yeah. I'm in the same boat. Everything is work on the OP6T after hours with Verizon and my own investigation. Pulse, stock, Textra, Android Messages, Chomp, Verizon message all work properly (sms/mms send/receive). Yaata and Mood won't download mms. Can't change APN on phone
18th November 2018, 09:47 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jersey

More
I tried changing the apn via adb. It didn't save. Also tried editing the apn dB file but that made the phone shut down instantly when you get past the boot animation.
18th November 2018, 10:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
I used to use ChompSMS buy couldn't get MMS messages to download. QKSMS has been working great so far with 0 issues!!!
18th November 2018, 11:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetruzz

I used to use ChompSMS buy couldn't get MMS messages to download. QKSMS has been working great so far with 0 issues!!!

Just tried Qksms and it works too. Seems only Yaata and Mood won't download mms. Interesting how the most customizable sms apps are the ones that don't work properly. You'd like to think that with all the customization we'd be able to tweak it to get it to work? Sucks because I really liked Yaata; so much that I purchased it back in the early days. And I like Mood too. Wrote to their support so we will see what they say....
19th November 2018, 01:49 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonzie

Just tried Qksms and it works too. Seems only Yaata and Mood won't download mms. Interesting how the most customizable sms apps are the ones that don't work properly. You'd like to think that with all the customization we'd be able to tweak it to get it to work? Sucks because I really liked Yaata; so much that I purchased it back in the early days. And I like Mood too. Wrote to their support so we will see what they say....

I liked chomp because it has a lock screen quick reply. But not getting MMS is kinda dealbreaker.
10th December 2018, 05:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 541

More
I just had this issue with ChompSMS. Under Settings > MMS, I changed Carrier Send Limit = 1MB, and MMS Behavior = System. Forced Closed ChompSMS and reopened it. Seems to be working ok so far most of the time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)