By SyCreed, Senior Member on 2nd November 2019, 10:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2019, 08:31 AM |#101  
Flag COLORADO SPRINGS
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters

I just used the one posted here earlier in the thread. So sorry, I can't find who the original poster was.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...qG546dRuHBIS7h

Reboot to bootloader from OOS 10. Make sure you have latest platform-tools.

https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...st-windows.zip

After reboot, I was able to jump right in to Magisk and install the latest Magisk update that was just released.

i followed your steps, the app is showing up, however when i tap it nothing happens on my 6t
4th November 2019, 08:52 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1,537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerryx

Does anyone know what the process is likely going to be to flash subsequent updates once things get sorted out? I'm assuming this oldkeymaster thing is a temporary solution?

Also, is anyone's recent app button not working? I feel haptic feedback but nothing happens. I didnt change any of the nav options.

So far you have to flash the oldkeymaster zip anytime you're flashing an update , to be able to decrypt
The Following User Says Thank You to cultofluna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cultofluna Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 10:09 AM |#103  
Flag Sun's City
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultofluna

So far you have to flash the oldkeymaster zip anytime you're flashing an update , to be able to decrypt

With format data?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
4th November 2019, 10:11 AM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoladisegnata

With format data?

No...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cultofluna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cultofluna Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 01:41 PM |#105  
Flag Gargenville
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCreed

Disclaimer
I'm not responsible for any issue you may incounter while doing the steps below.
Do it on your own risk.

THIS GUIDE WILL WORK ONLY IF YOU'RE UPGRADING FROM 9 TO 10 !!!

Before you're doing anything, delete all your magisk modules and substratum layers.
The guide was already provided by mauronofrio, but i dunno why people still struggling on getting everything working fine. I'm explaining here my own steps on flashing everything.

How to:
1. Flash full OOS 10.0 zip via local update . (DO NOT REBOOT)
2. Download EXKM (you can find it in play store)
2a. flash OldKeyMaster.zip via EXKM , ignore the failure message, it's flashed correctly!( DO NOT REBOOT)
3. Flash fajita twrp 3.3.1-20.zip by @mauronofrio via Magisk Manager (DO NOT REBOOT)
4. Flash magisk to 2nd slot via MAgisk Manager
5. REboot and wait :3

All the needed .zip files found in TWRP topic
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...#post80639099\

proofs attached.

You're way to upgrade a full OOS 9.0.17/TWRP/Magisk to lastest stable Android 10 is:

1. Flash full OOS 10.0 zip via local update (DO NOT REBOOT)
2. Download 'EX Kernel Manager' (find it in play store) (DO NOT REBOOT)
2a. Flash OldKeyMaster.zip via 'EX Kernel Manager', ignore the failure message, it's flashed correctly ! (DO NOT REBOOT)
3. Flash fajita twrp 3.3.1-20.zip by @mauronofrio via Magisk Manager (DO NOT REBOOT)
4. Flash magisk to 2nd slot via Magisk Manager (DO NOT REBOOT)
5. Reboot and wait

I'm seeking a way to flash magisk to 2nd slot ? If I take your steps, OldKeyMaster is flashed using UXKM and TWRP/Magisk is flashed using Magisk right ? I don't see a way to flash active or inactive slot throught Magisk Manager... Maybe it's automatically done ???

And is this method a one shot method ? Do we will need to flash OldKeyMaster again after ?

I really need help and I think I'm not alone

BTW You rock ^^
4th November 2019, 02:06 PM |#106  
Flag Ames
Thanks Meter: 1,057

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_ooms

Just thought I would share the steps I used to get TWRP working on OOS 10:

1. Boot to TWRP
2. Choose Install and flash the 4 items consecutively:
a. OOS 10 zip
b. OldKeyMaster.zip
c. TWRP 3.3.20 zip
d. Magisk 20.1 zip
3. Reboot Recovery to keep TWRP.
4. Flash the files outlined in Step 2 again in the same order to flash OOS 10 to the other slot.
5. Reboot Recovery to keep TWRP.
6. Install Magisk 20.1 zip again.
7. Reboot System and profit.

Everything seems to be working fine, data is intact and decryption is working in TWRP. These are normally the steps I use when flashing an OOS update (excluding the additional OldKeyMaster.zip file) and so far have not had any issues. On OOS 9 I did leave all my Magisk modules installed when doing updates but to be safe, when upgrading to OOS 10 I did remove my modules to avoid any potential issues. I would also normally flash a custom kernel between steps 6 and 7 but I am currently using the stock kernel until there is a bit more development on custom kernels for OOS 10.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ooms

Just wanted to say thanks for the detailed and logical install instructions. Of all the ways I've read to update, yours probably has the lowest chance of failure or complications.

I did, however, disable lock screen security and deleted play store data before starting.

Everything is working great (except viper) so far. Even flashed a kernel with TWRP after updating.
4th November 2019, 02:18 PM |#107  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraoc

You're way to upgrade a full OOS 9.0.17/TWRP/Magisk to lastest stable Android 10 is:

1. Flash full OOS 10.0 zip via local update (DO NOT REBOOT)
2. Download 'EX Kernel Manager' (find it in play store) (DO NOT REBOOT)
2a. Flash OldKeyMaster.zip via 'EX Kernel Manager', ignore the failure message, it's flashed correctly ! (DO NOT REBOOT)
4. Flash magisk to 2nd slot via Magisk Manager (DO NOT REBOOT)
5. Reboot and wait

I'm seeking a way to flash magisk to 2nd slot ? If I take your steps, OldKeyMaster is flashed using UXKM and TWRP/Magisk is flashed using Magisk right ? I don't see a way to flash active or inactive slot throught Magisk Manager... Maybe it's automatically done ???

And is this method a one shot method ? Do we will need to flash OldKeyMaster again after ?

I really need help and I think I'm not alone

BTW You rock ^^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191104-141755.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	4866055  
The Following User Says Thank You to cultofluna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cultofluna Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 02:53 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Hello! How to root properly latest oxygen os 10 .I made clean install of the os and then fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-20-fajita.img and sideload the twrp installer and has works but after i installed magisk 20.1 thedevice was rooted but wifi is not working.if iopen wifi it willclose automatically in few seconds. Have i miss something? i ried to root using patch image after extracting boot.img from payload.bin and patch was failed. Any help appreciate!
4th November 2019, 03:07 PM |#109  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Will this instruction can be applied on the device which using encrypted f2fs filesystem?
4th November 2019, 04:15 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muschiu35bv

Hello! How to root properly latest oxygen os 10 .I made clean install of the os and then fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-20-fajita.img and sideload the twrp installer and has works but after i installed magisk 20.1 thedevice was rooted but wifi is not working.if iopen wifi it willclose automatically in few seconds. Have i miss something? i ried to root using patch image after extracting boot.img from payload.bin and patch was failed. Any help appreciate!

finally i figure out to fix wifi. i reboot to recovery format data then put full zip os 10 twrp installer zip and latest magisk manager
1. Install Oxygen Os 10
2. install twrp-3.3.1-20-fajita-mauronofrio-installer.zip
3. reboot recovery
4. Install Magisk latest zip
5. Reboot
And after reboot ive check i am rooted and wifi works no other issue.
4th November 2019, 06:33 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
how can i do 4th step , from where i select 2nd slot also which magisk version

4. Flash magisk to 2nd slot via MAgisk Manager
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)