Thanks Meter: 1,435

By SyCreed, Senior Member on 2nd November 2019, 10:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2019, 12:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwar Syed

TWRP Installer zip as module? That's something new! All working well?

It might of been wrong as it crashed but I closed magisk after and carried on as explained and I have had to go back to twrp as I installed a module that caused a bootloop so can say everything is working as it should be
2nd November 2019, 01:27 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCreed

How to:
1. Flash full OOS 10.0 zip via OTA updater. (DO NOT REBOOT)
2. Download EXKM (you can find it in play store)
2a. flash OldKeyMaster.zip via EXKM ( DO NOT REBOOT)
3. Flash fajita twrp 3.3.1-20.zip by @mauronofrio via Magisk Manager (DO NOT REBOOT)
4. Flash magisk to 2nd slot via MAgisk Manager
5. REboot and wait :3

Still stuck at line "3". How can I flash TWRP via Magisk? Can't seem to find an option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anwar Syed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anwar Syed Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 01:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1,561

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwar Syed

Still stuck at line "3". How can I flash TWRP via Magisk? Can't seem to find an option.

As a magisk module
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cultofluna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cultofluna Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 02:21 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultofluna

As a magisk module

Thanks for clearing this. Flashed and all went smoothly. Heck, phone is way more responsive tbh.
2nd November 2019, 03:34 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Followed the steps mentioned. After reboot, phone booting into TWRP in slot A. And when slot is changed to B and I am rebooting the phone, the update didnt happen.
2nd November 2019, 03:42 PM |#16  
Flag Sicily
Thanks Meter: 474

More
I'm now on 6T with OOS 9.17 with last Pie TWRP and Magisk.20 with root (of course!)
I understand that following the method on OP I should be able to install the new update, keep TWRP (for Q) and Magisk without losing data?
And its is finally TWRP working for backup/restore?
Thank you very much.
2nd November 2019, 04:52 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Oldkeymaster.zip would not flash tried several apps. On 10 now rooted with twrp but with broken encryption. So guess it's back to pie ROMs until something gets figured out for twrp.
2nd November 2019, 05:01 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hadera

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sronweb

I'm now on 6T with OOS 9.17 with last Pie TWRP and Magisk.20 with root (of course!)
I understand that following the method on OP I should be able to install the new update, keep TWRP (for Q) and Magisk without losing data?
And its is finally TWRP working for backup/restore?
Thank you very much.

Didn't try backup/restore, but everything else is correct
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyCreed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SyCreed Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 05:01 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hadera

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestonez

Oldkeymaster.zip would not flash tried several apps. On 10 now rooted with twrp but with broken encryption. So guess it's back to pie ROMs until something gets figured out for twrp.

Use ElementalX kernel manager
The Following User Says Thank You to SyCreed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SyCreed Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 05:05 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCreed

Use ElementalX kernel manager

Not paying for another kernel manager fk failed. I'll just wait the 10 issues out. Thanks for the reply though.
2nd November 2019, 05:13 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Agreed with some of the above, I would make a note don't do this after upgrading to 10, it will brick the phone and you will have to MSM back to stock.

So basically you need to go back to Beta 27 or stable 9.0.17 root with TWRP then do the procedure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)