FORUMS

[Guide]OnePlus 6T Rooted!

268 posts
Thanks Meter: 420
 
By mingo_mgx, Senior Member on 31st October 2018, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys, i just got home from the OnePlus popup event in Amsterdam. And i just finished rooting the OnePlus 6T.
Requirements: ADB/Fastboot
First unlock your bootloader if you haven't already done it, there are many tutorials on the internet.
Download Blu_Sparks OP6 TWRP 9.86(.img and .zip) or newer.
Then boot into bootloader and do: fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.img
When you're in TWRP go to Advanced>Adb sideload and start it.
Then do: adb sideload twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.zip
After that installs, reboot recovery. Then go to advanced>adb sideload and start it again
Then do: adb sideload Magisk-v17.3.zip
after that finished just reboot back to oos and you're rooted!

Blu Spark twrp: https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...7466#downloads
Magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

I'm the first rooted earopean OP6T consumer ever.

If you need any help ask me on my telegram group: https://t.me/xOP6T


The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to mingo_mgx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mingo_mgx Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 03:42 PM |#2  
hallo dare's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hallo dare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hallo dare Ad-Free
1st November 2018, 08:12 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 420
 
More
..
1st November 2018, 09:36 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo_mgx

Hello guys, i just got home from the OnePlus popup event in Amsterdam. And i just finished rooting the OnePlus 6T.
Requirements: ADB/Fastboot
First unlock your bootloader if you haven't already done it, there are many tutorials on the internet.
Download Blu_Sparks OP6 TWRP 9.86(.img and .zip) or newer.
Then boot into bootloader and do: fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.img
When you're in TWRP go to Advanced>Adb sideload and start it.
Then do: adb sideload twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.zip
After that installs, reboot recovery. Then go to advanced>adb sideload and start it again
Then do: adb sideload Magisk-v17.3.zip
after that finished just reboot back to oos and you're rooted!

Blu Spark twrp: https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...7466#downloads
Magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

I'm the first rooted OP6T user ever.


Can i ask you a little help to make a dedicated and better twrp?
1st November 2018, 11:01 AM |#5  
cultofluna's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,933
 
More
[QUOTE=mingo_mgx;78024814]Hello guys, i just got home from the OnePlus popup event in Amsterdam. And i just finished rooting the OnePlus 6T.
Requirements: ADB/Fastboot
First unlock your bootloader if you haven't already done it, there are many tutorials on the internet.
Download Blu_Sparks OP6 TWRP 9.86(.img and .zip) or newer.
Then boot into bootloader and do: fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.img
When you're in TWRP go to Advanced>Adb sideload and start it.
Then do: adb sideload twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.zip
After that installs, reboot recovery. Then go to advanced>adb sideload and start it again
Then do: adb sideload Magisk-v17.3.zip
after that finished just reboot back to oos and you're rooted!

Blu Spark twrp: https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...7466#downloads
Magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

I'm the first rooted OP6T user ever.[/QUOTE
Is it possible..
After boot the twrp> flash twrp zip> boot on twrp> flash magisk> boot to OOS..?
1st November 2018, 11:06 AM |#6  
feimummy's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
you can also ROOT OP6T with the magiskmanager to patch the boot.img
1st November 2018, 11:40 AM |#7  
Striatum_bdr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 2,187
 
More
Can we skip the second install (adb sideload twrp zip) to just sideload Magisk and keep stock recovery for now
1st November 2018, 02:22 PM |#8  
iaTa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 763
 
More
Can confirm, this works on my 6T also.
1st November 2018, 02:48 PM |#9  
Striatum_bdr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 2,187
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striatum_bdr

Can we skip the second install (adb sideload twrp zip) to just sideload Magisk and keep stock recovery for now

Auto answering, it works without flashing for good twrp, just adb sideload Magisk zip once you've booted into temporary twrp img

Don't forget to install Magiskmanager apk then.
Will evidently need to be repeated at each OOS update if boot is replaced
1st November 2018, 03:44 PM |#10  
iaTa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 763
 
More
What's the correct procedure when an OOS OTA is released?

Are we safe to install and then just reflash TWRP and Magisk?
1st November 2018, 04:42 PM |#11  
cultofluna's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,933
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striatum_bdr

Auto answering, it works without flashing for good twrp, just adb sideload Magisk zip once you've booted into temporary twrp img

Don't forget to install Magiskmanager apk then.
Will evidently need to be repeated at each OOS update if boot is replaced

Why need the magisk zip to be sideloaded..
Can not be just flashed through the temporary twrp?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magisk, op6t, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes