FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OP6T][LATEST 9.0.16] Collection of unbrick tools

417 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,187

By Some_Random_Username, Senior Member on 25th March 2019, 01:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to my threads for OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T and OP6 as unbrick tools allow to (obviously) unbrick your phone but also to rollback to specific versions of Oxygen OS I decided to search for more and succeeded in that.

I managed to find out 9.0.12, 9.0.13, 9.0.15 and 9.0.16 one (which is as of writing the latest available) but also the first one released for OOS 9.0.4 and linked to 9.0.11 , 9.0.6 and 9.0.5 packages shared by @iaTa in his thread and by @SpasilliumNexus in his AFH here

As the instructions and Qualcomm drivers are already available here , I don't feel a need to rewrite them.
You can ask questions here on how to use and issues, however I might not be able to answer immediately.

Here are the files uploaded on AndroidFileHost ordered by Android version:

ANDROID 9:

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Some_Random_Username For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Some_Random_Username Ad-Free
25th March 2019, 01:47 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Notes for T-Mobile version owners:

It is possible to use EDL packages with patched tool made by @AnonymousTipster available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dY...EBOjau1BRvtnJQ (download link come from his thread ).

According to @fullofhell , the commands "fastboot erase modemst1" and "fastboot erase modemst2" will turn off SIM lock definitely and allow OEM unlock option to stop being greyed out in developer options (behaviour introduced in OOS versions superior to 9.0.11). That will allow to unlock bootloader and then root/flash custom roms.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Some_Random_Username For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Some_Random_Username Ad-Free
25th March 2019, 01:47 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Credits:

@Titokhan for giving advice on how to present thread
@headsh0t95 for suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost
@AndroidFileHost for the hosting
OnePlus for the device and OS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Some_Random_Username For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Some_Random_Username Ad-Free
25th March 2019, 04:43 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Username

Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to my threads for OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T and OP6 as unbrick tools allow to (obviously) unbrick your phone but also to rollback to specific versions of Oxygen OS I decided to search for more and succeeded in that.

I managed to find out 9.0.12 one (which is as of writing the latest available) but also the first one released for OOS 9.0.4 and linked to 9.0.11 , 9.0.6 and 9.0.5 packages shared by @iaTa in his thread and by @SpasilliumNexus in his AFH here

You can find instructions and Qualcomm drivers here.

This is not a support thread: if you have questions on how to use tool or issues please ask in the relevant thread.

Here are the files uploaded on AndroidFileHost ordered by Android version:

ANDROID 9:

Decrypted. Wot?
25th March 2019, 05:13 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKool76

Decrypted. Wot?

Decrypted meaning no longer protected by passwords sorry for the confusion but if you take a look at the previous threads I made you might notice that some of the files are still password protected as OnePlus support don't give you these files already decrypted when they remote to your computer to help you to unbrick your phone -which is quite understandable as they allow to bypass Google Factory Reset Protection-.
The Following User Says Thank You to Some_Random_Username For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Some_Random_Username Ad-Free
25th March 2019, 03:30 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Quote:

Decrypted meaning no longer protected by passwords sorry for the confusion but if you take a look at the previous threads I made you might notice that some of the files are still password protected as OnePlus support don't give you these files already decrypted when they remote to your computer to help you to unbrick your phone -which is quite understandable as they allow to bypass Google Factory Reset Protection-.

Awesome. Thank you for the clarification
27th April 2019, 11:56 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Added 9.0.13 unbrick tool
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Some_Random_Username For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Some_Random_Username Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 11:10 PM |#8  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Guys i am not that experienced on this stuff. I've bricked my 6t and dont have access to a windows computer. either mac or linux only. Anyway to run this on mac or linux?
10th May 2019, 11:29 AM |#9  
Quote:

Added 9.0.13 unbrick tool

Where is it?!
10th May 2019, 03:07 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasroca

Guys i am not that experienced on this stuff. I've bricked my 6t and dont have access to a windows computer. either mac or linux only. Anyway to run this on mac or linux?

The tool is sadly Windows only but you could try to setup a virtual machine with USB passthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermex

Where is it?!

In the first post perhaps?
The Following User Says Thank You to Some_Random_Username For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Some_Random_Username Ad-Free
10th May 2019, 05:54 PM |#11  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:

The tool is sadly Windows only but you could try to setup a virtual machine with USB passthrough

In the first post perhaps?

Cannot get the device off this screen, no buttons combinations, commands or anything, doesn't get recognised as device either.. Anyone, any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190510_165055.jpg
Views:	1700
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	4756596  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9.0.16, msm download tool, oneplus 6t, op6t, unbrick tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)