FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.12)

282 posts
Thanks Meter: 425

By iaTa, Senior Member on 15th November 2018, 11:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This tool can be used to revive a bricked OP6T and remove the 'Device is corrupt' error message on boot.

Contains the latest MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 and OOS v9.0.12 which is compatible with International and McLaren editions.

OOS v9.0.11 can also be used to convert a T-Mobile model into a fully fledged International model, more info here.
  1. Make sure that your phone is switched off.
  2. Open device manager on your Windows PC.
  3. Press and hold the Volume Up & Volume Down buttons then connect to your PC using your data cable.
  4. Once the device is connected to your Windows PC, check if the phone is being recognized (Other > QUSB_BULK or Ports > Qualcomm).
  5. If showing as Other > QUSB_BULK either wait for Windows to install the Qualcomm driver or download one of the drivers below and install.
  6. Run MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory.exe and click Start.
NOTE: This will completely wipe your device and relock your bootloader.

Downloads
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.12)
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11)
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.6)
6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.5)
Driver
Alternative driver

Shameless plugs - OP referral link for any peops that would like $20/£20/€20 discount: OnePlus or PayPal donation link: PayPal.
The Following 109 Users Say Thank You to iaTa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iaTa Ad-Free

15th November 2018, 12:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Wow nice. Now to test this on T-Mobile!! Let the flashing commence
The Following User Says Thank You to strictlyphat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strictlyphat Ad-Free
15th November 2018, 12:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 311

More
Don't think this is a good idea; from what has been communicated the Modem for T-Mobile is different or has a different signature; you might end up with a brick. We we obviously won't find out unless we try. The problem is... you don't have an image to re-flash the T-Mobile version, so you might have to send it in.
15th November 2018, 12:48 PM |#4  

More
im tempted to run this today on the tmobile model. how high is the risk of hard brick? will it leave me without fastboot if it doesnt work?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreinulldrei

Don't think this is a good idea; from what has been communicated the Modem for T-Mobile is different or has a different signature; you might end up with a brick. We we obviously won't find out unless we try. The problem is... you don't have an image to re-flash the T-Mobile version, so you might have to send it in.

apparently the flash to 9.0.5 in the other thread overwrites the modem anyway. its the criticals that dont overwrite. worst case im within my 14 days still, can alwasy return
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strictlyphat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strictlyphat Ad-Free
15th November 2018, 01:20 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreinulldrei

I thought someone did dump a stock Tmo 9.0 out here?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603845445
15th November 2018, 01:40 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPower

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Yep, if a Dev can chime in that I won't be left with a hard brick and will be able to go back to TMobile firm atleastsr I'll jump. The only thing holding me back is that sim unlock and unlock bin. I don't wanna go thru that again if have to exchange.
15th November 2018, 01:51 PM |#7  
Flag Gainesville, FL
Thanks Meter: 835

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPower

It's not how this tool works. A raw dump doesn't equal a flashable fastboot dump doesn't equal a msmdownloadtool ops file.

Edit: apparently you can't use the not equals symbol. I wrote a lengthy reply and it's gone. I'll write a shorter version.

My assumption is there is no version for the T-Mobile, but this will work for a full conversion. OP support will most likely not use this on the T-Mobile version and it's why we had to void our warranty when we unlocked the bootloader. They probably defer you to T-Mobile if you brick your phone. Now that being said, I bet this tool works just fine on the T-Mobile version and will turn it into a full international device capable of OTA updates and everything.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyphat

Yep, if a Dev can chime in that I won't be left with a hard brick and will be able to go back to TMobile firm atleastsr I'll jump. The only thing holding me back is that sim unlock and unlock bin. I don't wanna go thru that again if have to exchange.

One of three things will happen.

One, it will recognize it as the wrong device and won't flash at all.

Two, it will flash and you'll have a hard brick.

Three, it will flash and you'll have a fully converted International version.

If you have to return it to TMobile, you shouldn't have any issues returning it. A dead device is a dead device, the reps don't care. Also getting your new one unlocked should be no issue as all since you already had your first device unlocked. Just tell support that. Your device was unlocked and you had to RMA it. They will SIM unlock no problem. You will still have to wait 7 days for the unlock bin.
The Following User Says Thank You to hartleyshc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hartleyshc Ad-Free
15th November 2018, 01:51 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartleyshc

It's not how this tool works. A raw dump doesn't equal a flashable fastboot dump doesn't equal a msmdownloadtool ops file.

Edit: apparently you can't use the not equals symbol. I wrote a lengthy reply and it's gone. I'll write a shorter version.

My assumption is there is no version for the T-Mobile, but this will work for a full conversion. OP support will most likely not use this on the T-Mobile version and it's why we had to void our warranty when we unlocked the bootloader. They probably defer you to T-Mobile if you brick your phone. Now that being said, I bet this tool works just fine on the T-Mobile version and will turn it into a full international device capable of OTA updates and everything.

Screw it. I'm gonna do this soon. Will report back
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strictlyphat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strictlyphat Ad-Free
15th November 2018, 01:52 PM |#9  
Flag WhereEverMyFeetAre
Thanks Meter: 1,294

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

One, it will recognize it as the wrong device and won't flash as at.

If you have to return it to TMobile, you shouldn't have any issues returning it. A dead device is a dead device, the reps don't care. Also getting your new one unlocked should be no issue as all since you already had your first device unlocked. Just tell support that. Your device was unlocked and you had to RMA it. They will SIM unlock no problem. You will still have to wait 7 days for the unlock bin.

Wanna find out? I'll probably test in a few, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Nightmare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dark Nightmare Ad-Free
15th November 2018, 01:54 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

One, it will recognize it as the wrong device and won't flash as at.

Cuz I'm assuming it's the same as Samsung. One hardware multiple softwares.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Nightmare

Wanna find out? I'll probably test in a few, lol.

Dude I will owe you one. Ur much braver than I. If my son falls asleep I'm trying to. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. And please let me buy u a beer lmfao
15th November 2018, 01:54 PM |#11  
Flag WhereEverMyFeetAre
Thanks Meter: 1,294

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyphat

Screw it. I'm gonna do this soon. Will report back

Guess I'll wait on your results...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)