[TOOL] 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)

Search This thread

KTM07

Sep 4, 2018
At my OP 6T a black screen appeared with the words "fatal exception cntvct read handler". I tried to fix the phone via MSM Download but none of that. What else could I do?

79540671_1261387844047461_5340973410908372992_n.jpg

Sorry for my english and best regards :)

austinpinto

Nov 5, 2014
mumbai
some1 should make a guide on how do we get updates to the tool?
can we update the tool on our own?
if its possible and with steps i would like to contribute to updating it.

swiftbones74

Mar 13, 2017
Taos New Mexico
some1 should make a guide on how do we get updates to the tool?
can we update the tool on our own?
if its possible and with steps i would like to contribute to updating it.

I am pretty sure that Qualcomm makes this software and it certainly isn't open source. We are pretty lucky to have it for any firmware because once again, it certainly wasn't made to be distributed to the public.

* Edit* OP does have a link to his PayPal so that is way to contribute if you are thankful that this tool is available.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

Last edited:

hugo.mtx

Dec 11, 2014
Hello, just sharing my experience
I had problems with the sahara connection failed error, kept rebooting the phone again and again but it still didn't work
SO here's what you should do
Make sure the qualcomm drivers are installed, AND the oneplus drivers too (very important !)
here's a link where there is an installer for the oneplus 6t drivers
https://oneplus.gadgethacks.com/how-to/unbrick-your-oneplus-6t-when-all-else-fails-0191272/
Then, unplug your phone and switch to fastboot mode (power+ volume up + volume down)
navigate with volume keys and select power off
then press vol up and vol down for about 5-10sec and plug your phone into the computer
then start the MSM process and everything should work !
For me it was a pb of drivers, I didn't have the oneplus drivers installed !
Hope that'll help you !

pr3dicament

May 17, 2013
I was under the impression this would only work for 9.0.11 if you aren't SIM Unlocked. I've got the 9.0.11 international rom on there now, and this is a T-Mobile variant.. I contacted them when I used TMO rom and couldn't unlock the bootloader without the wonderful unlock token, but I already know fastboot would unlock the bootloader with the International Rom. At least I can get the bootloader unlocked since it's enabled in the system settings with 9.0.11 international.. or so far, that's my experience with it. I won't be doing it yet. Also, is the 7-day method something I can still do or is that now discovered and patched as well? If so, I'm gonna do that if they don't SIM Unlock. I'm about to give it a try if it's my only shot. I honestly just don't get T-Mobile.. I guess they're not big enough. I should've never switched.. then I'd be just unlocking a bootloader and my SIM would be unlocked. Hell, I unlocked it with one of my Galaxy phones with AT&T. Been with T-Mobile over two years, three in June.

I just wanted to know if oem get_unlock_code would result in anything different since I'm currently on the international v9.0.11 rom, bootloader still locked by choice but that might change.. this is in contrast using get_unlock_code with a TMO stock rom installed.. I don't wanna flash back to stock but if I have to, then I will. I really was convinced I almost had a SIM unlock experience with T-Mobile Customer support, but that's way too much to post and too much to read for a thread like this. We're talking a book. This is nothing if you think this is long -_-

Either way, I'm just wondering if get_unlock_code would be the same regardless of the rom flashed.. international or TMO. Just asking as I couldn't get a clear answer on that. I'm apologize if it's somewhere in one of the threads--I've looked and possibly just didn't read enough. If you guys have an answer, I'd greatly appreciate it. Apologies for the long post as well.

meranaamjoker

Apr 28, 2011
Hello, just sharing my experience
I had problems with the sahara connection failed error, kept rebooting the phone again and again but it still didn't work
SO here's what you should do
Make sure the qualcomm drivers are installed, AND the oneplus drivers too (very important !)
here's a link where there is an installer for the oneplus 6t drivers
https://oneplus.gadgethacks.com/how-to/unbrick-your-oneplus-6t-when-all-else-fails-0191272/
Then, unplug your phone and switch to fastboot mode (power+ volume up + volume down)
navigate with volume keys and select power off
then press vol up and vol down for about 5-10sec and plug your phone into the computer
then start the MSM process and everything should work !
For me it was a pb of drivers, I didn't have the oneplus drivers installed !
Hope that'll help you !
HI hugo.mtx, You saved my day. I was getting "Sahara communication failed" error no matter what. I tried several other suggestions mentioned elsewhere. I was trying to setup adb and i installed Oneplus driver also in the process. Magic, no more Sahara. I think One plus driver did the trick.

Reactions: Mooncalled

hugo.mtx

Dec 11, 2014
the pleasure's all mine. Spent a whole day trying to figure it out, glad it could save you that time !

slydog43

Aug 8, 2007
How can I update from 9.0.16 to 9.0.17? I have reflashed a T-Moble phone with a locked bootloader to the Global 9.0.16 OS Rom. Thanks

How can I update from 9.0.16 to 9.0.17? I have reflashed a T-Moble phone with a locked bootloader to the Global 9.0.16 OS Rom. Thanks

Download the 9.0.17 ".jar" file here, then rename the extension to .zip. Copy it to the root of the phone's storage, then enter the System Updates menu, and tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner, and choose "Local upgrade," choose the file, and reboot when it's done.

android 10 is also available. why dont u update it here also?

This tool comes directly from Oneplus, so the OP can't update it by himself. He'd need to get it again from Oneplus. Honestly, is it that hard to flash OTA zip after upgrade? Oneplus users are lucky to even have this tool, unlike other manufacturers who leave you hard bricked.

shahfaishal

Aug 9, 2014
This tool comes directly from Oneplus, so the OP can't update it by himself. He'd need to get it again from Oneplus. Honestly, is it that hard to flash OTA zip after upgrade? Oneplus users are lucky to even have this tool, unlike other manufacturers who leave you hard bricked.

Not hard at all but im saying if 10.3.0 is available, you should just add it to this collection - that's all! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool can be used to revive a bricked OP6T and remove the 'Device is corrupt' error message on boot.

Contains the latest MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 and OOS v9.0.13 which is compatible with International and McLaren editions.

OOS v9.0.11 can also be used to convert a T-Mobile model into a fully fledged International model, more info here.

1. Make sure that your phone is switched off.
    2. Open device manager on your Windows PC.
    3. Press and hold the Volume Up & Volume Down buttons then connect to your PC using your data cable.
    4. Once the device is connected to your Windows PC, check if the phone is being recognized (Other > QUSB_BULK or Ports > Qualcomm).
    5. If showing as Other > QUSB_BULK either wait for Windows to install the Qualcomm driver or download one of the drivers below and install.
    6. Run MsmDownloadTool V4.0 and click Start.
    NOTE: This will completely wipe your device and relock your bootloader.

Downloads
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.12)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.6)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.5)
    Driver
    Alternative driver

Shameless plugs - OP referral link for any peops that would like $20/£20/€20 discount: OnePlus or PayPal donation link: PayPal.
    My observations from my journey (Fastboot only, Bootloader Locked):
    1) made sure my Windows computer was in test mode (powershell... bcdedit... find the instructions on how to do this). SUCCESS!
    2) Phone kept going into Fastboot mode whenever plugged in -> found a thread that mentioned forcing it off by holding Power + BOTH Volume buttons (10 seconds). SUCCESS!
    3) got Qualcomm drivers to recognize phone when plugged into PC = allowed my device to be seen from MSM tool (along the way, downloaded and used both OP drivers in 1st post - maybe it helped, maybe not). SUCCESS!
    3) In the MSM tool, I would get the "sahara communication failed". Unplug phone and plug in, MSM starts again, but gets another "sahara" message. Repeat dozens of times, to no avail. FAIL!
    4) Was using the OOS 9.0.13 file and MSM tool, but read a thread that suggested using an older set, so I switched to using the OOS 9.0.5 file and MSM tool. Get another "sahara" message FAIL!
    5) Followed some suggestions to hold volume up and power button (not sure why). Phone goes into Fastboot mode, and the phone would only register as Android Bootloader Interface when Fastboot was on. Could not upload any other driver for it to work. FAIL!

So: The phone is in Fastboot mode, is still plugged into the computer; the MSM tool from the 9.0.5 tool is still open, still set on "Sahara" error message from before; I have loaded both Qualcomm drivers the OP has listed in post #1, yet the phone still reads as "Android Bootloader Interface" and not Qualcomm when in Fastboot mode. FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

6) Turned off phone by holding down Power + BOTH Volume buttons (because anything else forces the phone back into Fastboot mode because it is plugged in!) and suddenly the MSM tool starts downloading the appropriate files to fix my phone. SWEET SUCCESS!!!!!!

This post is mainly to help myself in the future should another brick happen, but to help others as well learn from my mistakes. I read a lot of posts and started inching closer and closer to my ultimate goal of full stock restoration - thank you to all at the XDA community and Youtube as well. But this post is also to illustrate that not everyone's situation is the same, and it can be incredibly frustrating when your situation does not fit the bill.

Thanks to everyone, and good luck with yours!
    TMO

I did a dump of every partition, except data, the second I unlocked my bootloader.

Well, it isn't RSA signing that is bricking the TMO version -- the certs are identical. What is interesting is this:

Code:
    1423:d=5  hl=2 l=   3 prim: OBJECT            :organizationalUnitName
    1428:d=5  hl=2 l=  42 prim: PRINTABLESTRING   :General Use Test Key (for testing 13 only)

The question is, is that the Google test cert? If so, you guys lucked out and can sign your own firmware.

Sorry I can't explain the bricks, but it is most definitely not due to different RSA signatures.

-- Brian
    U mean not to flash otas and critical?? Full rom imgs have proven to work..my only concern is if critical is updated by OnePlus in the future and they make it mandatory to have a certain version of critical in order to boot new firmware. In which case then tmo users are stuck till tmo itself issues updates.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If by critical you mean, the bootloader, modem firmware, trust zone, etc.... yes, those are the ones that are RSA signed.

If someone wants to dump xbl_a from both the TMO and international versions, I will be glad to double check .. maybe TMO had a change of heart with the OP6t.

FYI - I don't own the phone, just trying to help people keep from bricking their devices.

-- Brian
    @Dark Nightmare & @hartleyshc I've got TWRP now decrypting correctly. Anyone wanna brave the waters and test?

Edit: False alarm. Gimme a little bit to figure something out!