[TOOL] 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)

Search This thread

muschiu35bv

Oct 19, 2013
OnePlus 10 Pro
That might be a problem because you have so many drivers installed on your computer.

My suggestion is try to start fresh: uninstall all of your drivers and other related files that might be corrupted then restart your computer and do all over again!

Even if i uninstall drivers when i connect the device windows will automatically install the drivers without installing my self. and still sahara communication failed error persist.

Apex i ITR

May 26, 2006
Even if i uninstall drivers when i connect the device windows will automatically install the drivers without installing my self. and still sahara communication failed error persist.

I wonder if we delete the drivers from the system32 folder if that will stop the auto install (Thats been happening to me as well, as soon as I remove the device and delete the driver and software it automatically reinstalls it self a second later.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

uninstalled all drivers. went with the driver included in the post with the original instructions. Also made sure I put my phone in EDL mode via adb on my host so I could confirm it truly sees and communicate with the device. All that done, only one driver in device manager..............

same.

issue.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

And all of a sudden after disconnecting my phone a few more times and reconnecting.....having it connect via adb so I can issue the reboot edl command it reconnected under a different com port on its own and is currently "doing things" Let you know if it finishing correctly.

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I wonder if we delete the drivers from the system32 folder if that will stop the auto install (Thats been happening to me as well, as soon as I remove the device and delete the driver and software it automatically reinstalls it self a second later.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

uninstalled all drivers. went with the driver included in the post with the original instructions. Also made sure I put my phone in EDL mode via adb on my host so I could confirm it truly sees and communicate with the device. All that done, only one driver in device manager..............

same.

issue.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

And all of a sudden after disconnecting my phone a few more times and reconnecting.....having it connect via adb so I can issue the reboot edl command it reconnected under a different com port on its own and is currently "doing things" Let you know if it finishing correctly.

I can't get mine to be recognized by ADB. How are you doing that? Was your phone completely non-responsive? I can't get mine into fastboot, recovery, or even to show anything on the screen...

Reactions: muschiu35bv

Apex i ITR

May 26, 2006
And after 400+s it is stuck at this: FirehoseCheckRSP Failed, errno: 258
I probably should took this as a sign like I originally said.......turning out not to be worth the hassle. Phone might be bricked.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I tried another laptop again and this time it seems to have worked. That was a ass clenching 5 minutes.
Not quite sure exactly what sequence helped me. Hopefully no one has the issues i had.

Jeffro64

Feb 6, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
And after 400+s it is stuck at this: FirehoseCheckRSP Failed, errno: 258
I probably should took this as a sign like I originally said.......turning out not to be worth the hassle. Phone might be bricked.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I tried another laptop again and this time it seems to have worked. That was a ass clenching 5 minutes.
Not quite sure exactly what sequence helped me. Hopefully no one has the issues i had.

So you got it on the international rom now??

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I can't get mine to be recognized by ADB. How are you doing that? Was your phone completely non-responsive? I can't get mine into fastboot, recovery, or even to show anything on the screen...

If you are in EDL mode try vol up plus power for a few seconds.

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So you got it on the international rom now??

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

If you are in EDL mode try vol up plus power for a few seconds.

Well holy crap. That did nothing last night when I tried it, but it booted the phone up just fine this time. At least I know I'm not hard bricked. lol

Apex i ITR

May 26, 2006
Thats what I had been doing to get it back working during my multiple attempts to make this work but it was def NOT working before it finally finished the process successfully.

Jeffro64

Feb 6, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
Thats what I had been doing to get it back working during my multiple attempts to make this work but it was def NOT working before it finally finished the process successfully.

Glad you got it working! I have about 15 more minutes until I should get my unlock token...Got it just to have it on hand for the future. Can't wait until I get home from work offshore so I can play with mine and get off this Tmo crap!

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't sleep well last night thinking I had a $600 paperweight. All because I just want to relock the bootloader. At least now I know I can get it to boot when I try again.

Roger that!

muschiu35bv

Oct 19, 2013
OnePlus 10 Pro
My device is not responding and I can't get to be recognized in adb. And still Sahara communication failed error persist. I have 2 days since I have this problem not fixed . my device is getting connected without pressing volume up and down together. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update

I was able to power on my phone by keeping press together power and volume up and boot to recovery then i switch off phone. And after i connected to pc the process has begun and finish successfully. Now i know that the Sahara communication failed error is not a driver error is because the device was not powered off . Now i am happy that i was able to fix my phone. Thank you Very much to everyone and for support.

Last edited:

ADEL_

Nov 30, 2015
Try this

Connect ur phone
Go to device manager and click on view tab and enable hidden device
Find Qualcomm or QSBULK
Uninstall it and Remove all driver files
Download drivers from page 17 of this thread
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hUmBW9vm0PqbElhKnqQs2CwHVV_Zmi6e/view?usp=drivesdk ( i had them in my drive )
Install them ( it is exe file, just click next everytime )
Important - reboot pc
Connect device again

If u have same error, then

Go to device manager
Right click on Qualcomm
Select update drivers from menu
Let windows download and install
Important - reboot pc
Connect again

Another question - was ur bootloader unlocked?
I always had issue installing drivers on locked bootloader and its always easy to install drivers once bootloader is unlocked.

If nothing works and if fastboot is accessible, unlock the bootloader and repeat the entire process.

Finally, the problem was solved

I installed Windows_Vista_64bit via VMware

Then install Qualcomm_driver

It was successfully completed
8f999f6797b4c5d.png

Thank you from my heart .

Reactions: akram2009

just4sc

Dec 25, 2010
Will this allow for dual sim functionality? I try reading through the thread but didn't see any mention of this. I had read elsewhere that there's a two IMEI requirement and TMO only assigned one to their version of the phones.

gatorglaze

Jan 15, 2019
Is the "international" version of the oneplus 6t include the US variant? I am assuming there isnt a "US" variant and international is everything but the Chinese version?

bluedragon38

Jul 10, 2011
Follow the first page , Drivers isnt recognize into system pannel (haching problems) and windows 10 doesnt install any driver. MSM tool doesnt recognize my phone.
I see one guy Virtualize VISTA to make work it ... :/ rly ? someone have "correct" driver ? :/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool can be used to revive a bricked OP6T and remove the 'Device is corrupt' error message on boot.

Contains the latest MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 and OOS v9.0.13 which is compatible with International and McLaren editions.

OOS v9.0.11 can also be used to convert a T-Mobile model into a fully fledged International model, more info here.

1. Make sure that your phone is switched off.
    2. Open device manager on your Windows PC.
    3. Press and hold the Volume Up & Volume Down buttons then connect to your PC using your data cable.
    4. Once the device is connected to your Windows PC, check if the phone is being recognized (Other > QUSB_BULK or Ports > Qualcomm).
    5. If showing as Other > QUSB_BULK either wait for Windows to install the Qualcomm driver or download one of the drivers below and install.
    6. Run MsmDownloadTool V4.0 and click Start.
    NOTE: This will completely wipe your device and relock your bootloader.

Downloads
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.12)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.6)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.5)
    Driver
    Alternative driver

Shameless plugs - OP referral link for any peops that would like $20/£20/€20 discount: OnePlus or PayPal donation link: PayPal.
    My observations from my journey (Fastboot only, Bootloader Locked):
    1) made sure my Windows computer was in test mode (powershell... bcdedit... find the instructions on how to do this). SUCCESS!
    2) Phone kept going into Fastboot mode whenever plugged in -> found a thread that mentioned forcing it off by holding Power + BOTH Volume buttons (10 seconds). SUCCESS!
    3) got Qualcomm drivers to recognize phone when plugged into PC = allowed my device to be seen from MSM tool (along the way, downloaded and used both OP drivers in 1st post - maybe it helped, maybe not). SUCCESS!
    3) In the MSM tool, I would get the "sahara communication failed". Unplug phone and plug in, MSM starts again, but gets another "sahara" message. Repeat dozens of times, to no avail. FAIL!
    4) Was using the OOS 9.0.13 file and MSM tool, but read a thread that suggested using an older set, so I switched to using the OOS 9.0.5 file and MSM tool. Get another "sahara" message FAIL!
    5) Followed some suggestions to hold volume up and power button (not sure why). Phone goes into Fastboot mode, and the phone would only register as Android Bootloader Interface when Fastboot was on. Could not upload any other driver for it to work. FAIL!

So: The phone is in Fastboot mode, is still plugged into the computer; the MSM tool from the 9.0.5 tool is still open, still set on "Sahara" error message from before; I have loaded both Qualcomm drivers the OP has listed in post #1, yet the phone still reads as "Android Bootloader Interface" and not Qualcomm when in Fastboot mode. FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

6) Turned off phone by holding down Power + BOTH Volume buttons (because anything else forces the phone back into Fastboot mode because it is plugged in!) and suddenly the MSM tool starts downloading the appropriate files to fix my phone. SWEET SUCCESS!!!!!!

This post is mainly to help myself in the future should another brick happen, but to help others as well learn from my mistakes. I read a lot of posts and started inching closer and closer to my ultimate goal of full stock restoration - thank you to all at the XDA community and Youtube as well. But this post is also to illustrate that not everyone's situation is the same, and it can be incredibly frustrating when your situation does not fit the bill.

Thanks to everyone, and good luck with yours!
    TMO

I did a dump of every partition, except data, the second I unlocked my bootloader.

Well, it isn't RSA signing that is bricking the TMO version -- the certs are identical. What is interesting is this:

Code:
    1423:d=5  hl=2 l=   3 prim: OBJECT            :organizationalUnitName
    1428:d=5  hl=2 l=  42 prim: PRINTABLESTRING   :General Use Test Key (for testing 13 only)

The question is, is that the Google test cert? If so, you guys lucked out and can sign your own firmware.

Sorry I can't explain the bricks, but it is most definitely not due to different RSA signatures.

-- Brian
    U mean not to flash otas and critical?? Full rom imgs have proven to work..my only concern is if critical is updated by OnePlus in the future and they make it mandatory to have a certain version of critical in order to boot new firmware. In which case then tmo users are stuck till tmo itself issues updates.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If by critical you mean, the bootloader, modem firmware, trust zone, etc.... yes, those are the ones that are RSA signed.

If someone wants to dump xbl_a from both the TMO and international versions, I will be glad to double check .. maybe TMO had a change of heart with the OP6t.

FYI - I don't own the phone, just trying to help people keep from bricking their devices.

-- Brian
    @Dark Nightmare & @hartleyshc I've got TWRP now decrypting correctly. Anyone wanna brave the waters and test?

Edit: False alarm. Gimme a little bit to figure something out!