[TOOL] T-Mobile OnePlus 6T MSMDownloadTool [Firmware 9.0.13] [8/9]

Search This thread

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I have a oneplus 6t converted to international. I tried connecting the phone with holding Volume up and down together and the phone didn't show in the tool. Now it wont turn on. I only turned the phone off, hold volum up and down and connected it to the pc. Why is it not working? Someone help me please :(
So did you get this to work? I'm on a TMO converted to international, running beta, and I want to flash back to TMobile software. I'm curious if I can do this?

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I am trying to convert back to T-mobile software and I have a quick question. Do I run msmdownloadtoolv4 or the one that is labeled msmdownloadtoolv4_factory? I am using the most recent .13 tool posted.

nabelar82

Dec 30, 2010
I have Tmobile converted to International and currently running Beta ( OP6T_O2_BETA_15). I want to convert back to 9.0.11 and unlock bootloader and SIM so I can root and run custom ROMs. I tried for hours last night using the MSMTOOL 9.0.11 and Qual drivers. Launching MSMtool works, shows device, but after hitting START it says "Does Not Match Device".

I tried the 4.0.exe, factory.exe, and MC1.exe MSMTools. None worked. Should I wait for the program to run longer? Or is it not going to work?

Thanks!
Your phone needs to be bootloader unlocked and running a custom Rom otherwise will not work in stock Roms

Scath

Jun 23, 2008
You have to get the right version possibly but i got the latest one - I had the same issue - it kept flashing the message over and over, even when plugged in.

To get mine to show up I unplugged it totally from my computer, then I held down the Vol Up + Vol Down and connected it to my computer.

I WAS RUNNING LATEST UPDATE FOR TMO - INTERNATIONAL ROM WITH OXYGEN OS UPDATER - AND IT GAVE ME THIS ERROR ONCE I TRIED TO UPDATE TO A FILE I FOUND ON Q BETA

!!![ MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE DRIVERS! I used the QUD.WIN.1.1+Installer-10037.3+Setup.zip file I found in the community of XDA ]!!!! I also used the tool ANDROID+9+OOS+9.0.13+fajitat_34_O.13_190725_repack.zip

After unzipping it all I INSTALLED the DRIVERS FIRST

Once DRIVERS are INSTALLED I connected my USB-C to my computers SS 3.0 USB Port

I then grabbed my phone, HELD VOL UP & VOL DOWN AT SAME TIME and PLUGGED THE PHONE INTO THE USB PORT - DO NOT HOLD POWER BUTTON TOO during this step

---- YOUR PHONE WILL NOT TURN ON! IT WILL BE A BLANK SCREEN ---

Open the application labeled MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe

You should see under COM Port that it states your device is connected if it is not connected, repeat all steps, minus re-downloading them, keep trying it may need to be turned off, do so by letting it power cycle the error message again - do not leave it plugged into the usb port or it will keep turning off and on

CLICK START IN THE MSMDownloadTool

It should complete and then you will be running STOCK t-mobile rom gain

Reactions: fogame

2brocky

Oct 26, 2019
Los Angeles
You have to get the right version possibly but i got the latest one - I had the same issue - it kept flashing the message over and over, even when plugged in.

To get mine to show up I unplugged it totally from my computer, then I held down the Vol Up + Vol Down and connected it to my computer.

I WAS RUNNING LATEST UPDATE FOR TMO - INTERNATIONAL ROM WITH OXYGEN OS UPDATER - AND IT GAVE ME THIS ERROR ONCE I TRIED TO UPDATE TO A FILE I FOUND ON Q BETA

!!![ MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE DRIVERS! I used the QUD.WIN.1.1+Installer-10037.3+Setup.zip file I found in the community of XDA ]!!!! I also used the tool ANDROID+9+OOS+9.0.13+fajitat_34_O.13_190725_repack.zip

After unzipping it all I INSTALLED the DRIVERS FIRST

Once DRIVERS are INSTALLED I connected my USB-C to my computers SS 3.0 USB Port

I then grabbed my phone, HELD VOL UP & VOL DOWN AT SAME TIME and PLUGGED THE PHONE INTO THE USB PORT - DO NOT HOLD POWER BUTTON TOO during this step

---- YOUR PHONE WILL NOT TURN ON! IT WILL BE A BLANK SCREEN ---

Open the application labeled MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe

You should see under COM Port that it states your device is connected if it is not connected, repeat all steps, minus re-downloading them, keep trying it may need to be turned off, do so by letting it power cycle the error message again - do not leave it plugged into the usb port or it will keep turning off and on

CLICK START IN THE MSMDownloadTool

It should complete and then you will be running STOCK t-mobile rom gain

I wanted to confirm that this worked. It's essential that you install the USB drivers as the writer said above. After it restored back to the T-Mobile version I rebranded it again using this method https://www.xda-developers.com/t-mobile-oneplus-6t-international-without-unlocked-bootloader/

Back to where I want to be. No more OTA's for me. I'm just gonna wait for the stable Android 10 to be released. Bricking is no fun!

skizzums

Dec 19, 2017
can anyone provide me a download link, none of these will download for me. specifically the ANDROID+9+OOS+9.0.13+fajitat_34_O.13_190725_repack .zip . id really appreciate it. thanks

Androigo

Mar 21, 2018
OP6T Won't Connect To Computer

Hello!

I have a T-Mobile OP6T which was converted to international and then updated to Android 10 Stable. I started getting random bootloops after the update (signing into Credit Karma made my 6T freeze temporarily and then bootloop on my second attempt, and Google Pay wasn't working at all) so I decided to reset to stock T-Mobile software. However, I used the wrong MSMDownloadTool (The one for the International version) and got an error in the tool. The tool canceled, so I did an investigation, realized I used the wrong tool, and opened the correct one. And now it shows me the error notification below, repeatedly. I've rebooted my computer, uninstalled and re-installed the driver, tried a different cable, tried a different computer, and tried a fresh copy of the T-Mobile MSMDownloadTool, but the phone tries and tries and won't connect.

My phone is not bricked- it can be booted normally and into Fastboot, and is fully functional. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on or how to fix it?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 6Terror.PNG
    6Terror.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 6Terror2.PNG
    6Terror2.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 206

shusuke028

Dec 3, 2009
Los Angeles
Hello!

I have a T-Mobile OP6T which was converted to international and then updated to Android 10 Stable. I started getting random bootloops after the update (signing into Credit Karma made my 6T freeze temporarily and then bootloop on my second attempt, and Google Pay wasn't working at all) so I decided to reset to stock T-Mobile software. However, I used the wrong MSMDownloadTool (The one for the International version) and got an error in the tool. The tool canceled, so I did an investigation, realized I used the wrong tool, and opened the correct one. And now it shows me the error notification below, repeatedly. I've rebooted my computer, uninstalled and re-installed the driver, tried a different cable, tried a different computer, and tried a fresh copy of the T-Mobile MSMDownloadTool, but the phone tries and tries and won't connect.

My phone is not bricked- it can be booted normally and into Fastboot, and is fully functional. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on or how to fix it?

Thank you!
If I had to guess, I'd say that you should uninstall the drivers for your phone on your computer, then plug your phone back in and let your computer download fresh drivers.

You can find the list of drivers (with your phone plugged in and in bootloader mode) in device manager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay folks, took forever to find, but we finally have it, the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T MSMDownloadTool, your brick savior, bootloader relocker, among other things, I will include a basic faq at the end.

Requirements:

1. Windows PC
    2. OnePlus 6T - T-Mobile Version ONLY (It will fail otherwise).
    3. Zip linked below, unzip and keep all files within the same folder.

Steps to restore are as follows:

1. Open up your working folder and run MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe
    2. Power off the device, unplugged from the working pc.
    3. Holding Volume up and down together, plug the device into the working pc (device should now show up in the tool, if it doesn't you may need the qualcomm usb drivers)
    4. Once your device shows up, hit start and sit tight, device will reboot upon completion.

MSMDownloadTool 9.0v2: DOWNLOAD LINK
    MSMDownloadTool 9.0v1: DOWNLOAD LINK

MSMDownloadTool 9.0.13: DOWNLOAD LINK

USB Drivers can be found here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603879743
    FAQ:

Q. Will this restore hw/sw mismatch?
    A. If you can get into qusb mode it can.

Q. Will this relock my bootloader?
    A. Yes

Q. Can I take OTA updates after using this?
    A. Yes, it will return you to complete factory condition.

Q. Can this fix my soft/hard brick?
    A. Yes.

Q. What OS version is this going to flash to my device?
    A. Launch firmware - 9.0 V1

Q. If I relock my bootloader with this, do I need a new token?
    A. No, you can use your old token to unlock again.

Q. Will this wipe my data?
    A. Yes.

Q. Does my bootloader have to be locked or unlocked?
    A. Works on either.

Q. Will this work when I updated to 10.0?
    A. Yes, it will work regardless, but will bring you back to 9.0 v1.

Huge Thanks to:
    @BIGWORM
    @hartleyshc for providing info/support
    @strictlyphat for the same
    @mauronofrio and @OzzieSan for providing v2.
    Thanks to @themustached for decryption and @Some_Random_Username for the tool, version 9.0.13
    Will this tool allow us to wipe everything? Meaning can this phone wipe the criticals? Then all a full flash of international firmware? One of my constituents seem to think if this tool existed at all, it should allow us erase the criticals and then allow us to rewrite them with the intl criticals.. i have no knowledge of this type of program. Sorry if it sounds ignorant or what have u

No. This is simply a tool created by OnePlus that mimics functionality of Qualcomms QFIL program. Except it is all inclusive. The ops file contains the emmc/ufs flasher and an OEM signed factory rom, partition table, all that fun stuff.

This tool does NOT get rid of the security checks that are in place. The bootloader itself has contradictions from stock bootloader's plus what OP has added.

For example. The "unlock criticals" command. This simply allows the partitions to be flashed. It does not remove the security checks within those partitions. (It also doesn't actually unlock those partitions. It just says it does, but if you attempt to use fastboot flash, it will tell you that the partition can't be written to. Contradiction).

There's security checks in the partitions, there's also no way to "flash" them. It would need to be a rooted raw restore (adb shell dd). And even when you do flash it, the security checks are in place and you'll get a device mismatch.

There's also no real reason to do a full conversation, unless you simply wanted to go stock and get OTA updates and never mod your phone. The biggest thing is the modem. They're interchangeable. TMO has both SIMs enabled. Stock Global ROMs will be flashable hours within being released for global devices.

With all that being said, what exactly is this tool? This tool is nothing more than a recovery. It allows someone to go back to factory stock no matter what kind of mess up they've done to their partitions. The EDL is in the primary bootloader located in the SoC and can't be written to. As opposed to the standard bootloader that we all think of that's located in storage. So this tool makes your device totally safe to any sort of damage you do. It's called a "firehose" in Qualcomms terminology. It gives you full access to the pipe and you blast the whole thing and start fresh.
    Hate to do this, but just to show you the power of a little hex editing and msmdownloadtool. I'm also bootloader locked. I'll be out today as it's Thanksgiving. But I'll explain more later. I have aging mode kernel rooted.
    For those wondering about this, this will recover from pretty much any software error. It will not recover hardware failure. The Qualcomm EDL partition is part of the SoC and is not writable. If you cannot boot into it by holding all three buttons, then you have a hardware failure. Either with your buttons, or with your board.

Hooray!!

Will be using this very soon!

Thanks for this!!

Might want to add to the post what version this brings you back to. The original 9.0, or 9.0 v2. (Whatever the build date is, I think 11/6?)
    Edit: looked at the zip. Looks to be the original 9.0, which is perfect.
    Seriously, where do people get a hold of these tools? From OnePlus? Or T-Mobile? Was it leaked internally? Genuinely asking.

Second question: What if my phone is originally a T-Mobile phone that was flashed to the 9.0.5 update to make it international. All went successful. Then a few days later I screwed up and updated via OTA (a partial OTA) and brick the device. Would I use this TMobile msm tool, or the international one?

dont ask such questions lol. be grateful

use tmobile tool.
    CONFIRMED: WORKING