FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Outdoor visibility (max brightness)

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,649

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 14th September 2018, 08:20 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Rate this thread to express how well you can see the OnePlus 6T's display outdoors. In case you've been playing Minecraft for 18 months straight, you might not known how to get outside anymore. Well, find the door and walk through it. A higher rating indicates that it has very high maximum brightness and thus fantastic outdoor visibility in direct sunlight.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

7th November 2018, 02:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Ok well here I go, I see a ton of views in this section but no comments.

First of all, I'm coming from a Moto Z2 Play and a OnePlus 3T:
The screen brightness of the OnePlus 6T is the major letdown I ever had, it is miserable, sad, despicable... Here is the deal, if I set the screen to 100% brightness in the O6T, it equals to anywhere around 85% or less of the max brightness in my 1 year old Moto Z2 Play !! also, the OnePlus 3T is brighter than the O6T by a tiny notch, but I have to add that my OnePlus 3T is 2 years old and noticeably lost its max brightness, but it still beats the O6T!!!!

If you are wondering about my device, I went to 2 T-mobile stores in the area and compared brightness, they are the same as my unit, so it is safe to say that the O6T is a disappointing device when it comes to screen brightness...

I will edit this post if I get more info or if I need to correct something.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jose-MXL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jose-MXL Ad-Free
13th November 2018, 01:29 PM |#3  
Flag Blackburn
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Does the Oneplus 6T support a HDR10 display?

I had the Xiaomi Mi8 Pro and that did.
16th November 2018, 11:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Looks good on maximum brightness, or very close to it, but anything else looks quite dim.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sammae7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sammae7 Ad-Free
17th November 2018, 06:34 PM |#5  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 906

More
I must say that the screen is quite dim. I have to keep the phone at 65% or more while indoors to get good visibility from the phone. Not sure what that's about, but highly disappointed.
19th November 2018, 10:18 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i found the built in ambient brightness kept setting a little dark and was slow to react to going out into sunlight. switched to velis auto brightness and it is fine now.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickyjs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mickyjs Ad-Free
19th November 2018, 09:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
thanks for the comments. Was comparing this phone to a couple of others for a blackfriday purchase. Sounds like this one is hard to view outside.
20th November 2018, 02:40 AM |#8  
Flag Townsville
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21

thanks for the comments. Was comparing this phone to a couple of others for a blackfriday purchase. Sounds like this one is hard to view outside.

I have zero issues with mine in direct sunlight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to interfreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift interfreak Ad-Free
20th November 2018, 02:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
I had to get ElementalX's HBM app to uncover the hidden 40%+ brightness of the screen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geminium For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geminium Ad-Free
20th November 2018, 02:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminium

I had to get ElementalX's HBM app to uncover the hidden 40%+ brightness of the screen.

I dont know this app, yet. Does this app work on OnePlus 6T without rooting it?
20th November 2018, 02:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddies

I dont know this app, yet. Does this app work on OnePlus 6T without rooting it?

My apologies I didn't mention it. It has to be rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to geminium For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geminium Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)