By PapaMag, Senior Member on 11th February 2019, 05:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th February 2019, 01:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paresh Kalinani

It is an amazing app!
I'm using this, had figured it out even before this thread.
Turn on 'New Notifications' in Ambient Display and also do not optimise the app.

Just installed this and it appears to be working. This is the first app that I see doing what I wanted (a very unobtrusive way of telling if notifications have arrived).

Did not need to to activate "New Notifications" under Ambient Display for it to work. Are you sure it's needed?

I'm not managing to customize the color of the colored stripes according to the app sending a notification. Not that I care too much, on Nexus 6P LED color was mostly irrelevant to me. I just needed a visual cue that something needed my attention if I missed the audio one.

15th February 2019, 01:28 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag White City, Utah
Thanks Meter: 4,762

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42

Just installed this and it appears to be working. This is the first app that I see doing what I wanted (a very unobtrusive way of telling if notifications have arrived).

Did not need to to activate "New Notifications" under Ambient Display for it to work. Are you sure it's needed?

I'm not managing to customize the color of the colored stripes according to the app sending a notification. Not that I care too much, on Nexus 6P LED color was mostly irrelevant to me. I just needed a visual cue that something needed my attention if I missed the audio one.

I didn't do anything with new notifications either, but I am glad it's working for you.
15th February 2019, 04:16 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
removed
The Following User Says Thank You to qwen3579 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qwen3579 Ad-Free
16th February 2019, 06:15 AM |#14  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,133

More
I got it working but it times out after 1 minute. I have my display set to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity but if this follows that rule it's kind of useless for notifications.

Maybe I'm missing a setting?

Edit: found the setting I was missing.
16th February 2019, 01:35 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp328i

I got it working but it times out after 1 minute. I have my display set to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity but if this follows that rule it's kind of useless for notifications.

Maybe I'm missing a setting?

Edit: found the setting I was missing.

What setting? I also see this behaving strangely. It seems that, as other apps, it gets killed in the background even if one opts not to battery optimize it.
OP behaves exactly like Apple in this regard: they get to decide how I should use *my* smarphone.
16th February 2019, 01:46 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag White City, Utah

More
Quote:

What setting? I also see this behaving strangely. It seems that, as other apps, it gets killed in the background even if one opts not to battery optimize it.
OP behaves exactly like Apple in this regard: they get to decide how I should use *my* smarphone.

The setting at the top when you go into select apps
16th February 2019, 01:49 PM |#17  
Flag Tampa Bay

More
Quote:

These right here let it run indefinitely. I tested last night and it was telling me I had a notification until I actually dismissed it after 30 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190216-084445.jpg
Views:	1386
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	4706558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190216-084434.jpg
Views:	1382
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	4706559  
The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bp328i Ad-Free
16th February 2019, 02:00 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMag

The setting at the top when you go into select apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp328i

These right here let it run indefinitely. I tested last night and it was telling me I had a notification until I actually dismissed it after 30 minutes.

Yeah, I set all that. Results have been inconsistent as far as working after long inactivity is concerned.
I wish OP had thought of baking something similar in their OS, when they decided to take away the LED.
16th February 2019, 02:06 PM |#19  
Flag Tampa Bay

More
Quote:

Yeah, I set all that. Results have been inconsistent as far as working after long inactivity is concerned.
I wish OP had thought of baking something similar in their OS, when they decided to take away the LED.

I agree, I wish OnePlus had baked something like this into the stock ROM. My second screenshot doesn't look like it posted for some reason so here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190216-084434.jpg
Views:	1238
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	4706572  
The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bp328i Ad-Free
17th February 2019, 02:35 PM |#20  

More
5% battery usage. Not cool. This with "Stable" edge styling, which should be the best for battery.
Uninstalling.
17th February 2019, 05:02 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag White City, Utah

More
Quote:

5% battery usage. Not cool. This with "Stable" edge styling, which should be the best for battery.
Uninstalling.

Interesting I have been up for 12 hours and I have zero battery usage
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)