FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP]AMOLED Notification Light "NotifyBuddy"

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

Post Reply Email Thread
So I was annoyed not having an LED notification light on oneplus 6t so I tried to make one of my own.
As OP6T has amoled display whenever a desired notification comes the app brings in a black screen with notification LED looking animation.

Though this is tested on OP6T, it should be working for most Android Oreo and later phones.
If not working for your phone, I'll suggest you to send me logs at [email protected]

To use it:
Install App.
Disable Ambient Display and any battery optimisation for the app.
Give notification access permission.
Select apps you want notifications for, by choosing a color (Only apps you set a color to enables LEDs).
Note: 1. On successfully selecting a color for an app the text in which the App name is written should change to that color
2. Don't enable the LED for the "Phone App" as it will interfere when an incoming call is coming! Will fix this in next build

Thats it.

Note: To turn off the LED and to unlock phone double tap anywhere on the screen.
Also on pressing power button once the LED stops and on pressing it again it will bring you to lock screen.

App now available on Play Store, please rate and share if you liked the app.
Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.notifybuddy

Working Video: https://youtu.be/vFKiHS_ZD-k

If the app is not working check whether the Notification Service is running under Developer Option > Running Services, this service is required for the app to work as intended.
If it is not running after various troubleshoot measures, maybe send the logs.

Changelog:
DND Switch added
Minor improvements
LED doesn't light up in DND mode
LED brightness reduced
Implemented burn in protection
Fixed proximity sensor bug
Switch enables LED with default color
Added search functionality
Now App list is sorted in alphabetical order
Fixed power button
Added settings for changing time interval and stop timer
Major bug fixes
Added System Apps
Added a switch to turn on/off notification LED

Donate: UPI(India) : [email protected]
Paypal: [email protected]

Give your feedback!!
The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to HarshBoy99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HarshBoy99 Ad-Free

28th June 2019, 12:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Working great, good job!
What about System Apps (Phone, message etc.) ? I'm not able to find them in your app.
Gmail is missing as well and it is not a system app.

Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to min-dfreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift min-dfreak Ad-Free
28th June 2019, 01:13 PM |#3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by min-dfreak

Working great, good job!
What about System Apps (Phone, message etc.) ? I'm not able to find them in your app.

Thanks in advance!

Same here. Also, an off switch for each app would be more convenient instead of picking white colour.
This is just what I needed, works great on my phone. Thank you!
28th June 2019, 02:24 PM |#4  
Flag White City, Utah
Thanks Meter: 4,755

More
I would consider using this if and when you include system apps. They are the only ones I'm interested in getting notifications from. Thanks for your efforts
28th June 2019, 05:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Fantastic

Brilliant

Go work for the retards at 1+
Show them how to do the job properly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecotrojan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecotrojan Ad-Free
28th June 2019, 06:47 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Great start!! works like a charm, agree on the systems apps thing though..
The Following User Says Thank You to diegogenish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diegogenish Ad-Free
28th June 2019, 08:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 282

More
Wow, Great App.

Works Perfect.
29th June 2019, 08:19 AM |#8  
Flag Hadera
Thanks Meter: 1,001

Donate to Me
More
@HarshBoy99 Hello! Thank you for the job you''re doing, but if you don't mind, i would like to point some important things.
You'r app uses a black overlay with a colorized dot in the corner, it's cool but there is a but. If The device is in a pocket, and you're using a pocket detection, the screen will turn on and show the pocket detection screen - what kinda annoying issue.
Another moment, again - becauses there is a use of black overlay, when there is already a notification panding and you recieve anothere on, there is a head-up notification with the all status bar info that shows up, again - kinda annoying.

As a recommandation - trigger the built-in AOD app instead of using a black overlay, that will fix the issues i've mentioned above + there will be an option to use fingerprint scanner on notifications.

Wish you the best!
The Following User Says Thank You to SyCreed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SyCreed Ad-Free
29th June 2019, 11:02 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by min-dfreak

Working great, good job!

Thanks in advance!

Fixed this! Checkout the new version and thanks for trying out the app!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarshBoy99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HarshBoy99 Ad-Free
29th June 2019, 11:03 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilrulz4ever

Same here. Also, an off switch for each app would be more convenient instead of picking white colour.
This is just what I needed, works great on my phone. Thank you!

Added an on/off switch, thanks for feedback
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HarshBoy99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HarshBoy99 Ad-Free
29th June 2019, 11:18 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCreed

@HarshBoy99 Hello! Thank you for the job you''re doing, but if you don't mind, i would like to point some important things.
You'r app uses a black overlay with a colorized dot in the corner, it's cool but there is a but. If The device is in a pocket, and you're using a pocket detection, the screen will turn on and show the pocket detection screen - what kinda annoying issue.
Another moment, again - becauses there is a use of black overlay, when there is already a notification panding and you recieve anothere on, there is a head-up notification with the all status bar info that shows up, again - kinda annoying.

As a recommandation - trigger the built-in AOD app instead of using a black overlay, that will fix the issues i've mentioned above + there will be an option to use fingerprint scanner on notifications.

Wish you the best!

Well I have included pocket detection in app, i.e if the LED is on and the sensor is covered the activity will be stopped. But if you have pocket mode on, it will show you the pocket mode screen for a brief moment and then switch off the display. This will help save battery if phone is in your pocket.
Yeah on that heads-up notification, I haven't found a way to get rid of this but it is only an issue of few seconds.
There are already many apps that bring on the default AOD display but it doesn't feel like an actual LED and moreover we can't change the appearance of AOD as it is a system app.
Thank You!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)