Votes: 213 14.4%
  • GoogleCam Port

Votes: 1,271 85.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mad4some

Dec 10, 2012
East TN
I'm running a rom that has a built in gcam. No matter what root apk app I use I can't get the built in (system) gcam uninstalled in order to install a new version to try. I've had this issue before but can't remember how to resolve. :p Could someone please give advice on how to completely remove a baked in gcam so it will not interfere with installing a different version? Thanks

edit: Ok, just found Magisk debloater module that seems to work well.

Last edited:

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
The developer who maintains Evolution X, Corvus and Cherish OS for 6t and he recommended these Gcams for Android 11. I've been using the one from my screenshot which is the one located at the link I'm posting here on GitHub. It works really well! I'm currently on EvoX Android 11 on my t-mobile converted to global OnePlus 6t and I also have stock OnePlus camera installed as it comes with the rom already. I don't record much video but seems like mine will at times stop and close around 20 seconds in to recording a video. Far as pictures go it takes some great pics!! I haven't tried troubleshooting the whole record video issue yet but going to read up now and try and solve that one. If you want a good Gcam for Android 11 though, for now, I think this is the best one. Once our source drops for Oxygen 11/Android 11 from OnePlus, then these Android 11 roms will be set as far as anything related to us not yet having the official OnePlus Android 11 source yet. If anyone reading this also has a T-Mobile converted 6t I highly suggest trying EvoX. For some reason it's been best for me and for what I use my device for, I've come across nothing that doesn't work and I've had zero things occur that are strange or buggy yet. I haven't tried all A11 roms yet either but Evo has been a true gem this far for me. Now just wish someone would make lawn chair launcher more compatible with Android 11 because it's current build is too buggy for me. Made my screen unresponsive to touch.. But check out link and try the Gcam if you are on Android 11. For me, for now, it's best for AOSP Android 11 rom. Looking forward to OnePlus finally dropping 11 whenever that will be. 😁🤔🙏👼

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210112-194306.png
    Screenshot_20210112-194306.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 598

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
The developer who maintains Evolution X, Corvus and Cherish OS for 6t and he recommended these Gcams for Android 11. I've been using the one from my screenshot which is the one located at the link I'm posting here on GitHub. It works really well! I'm currently on EvoX Android 11 on my t-mobile converted to global OnePlus 6t and I also have stock OnePlus camera installed as it comes with the rom already. I don't record much video but seems like mine will at times stop and close around 20 seconds in to recording a video. Far as pictures go it takes some great pics!! I haven't tried troubleshooting the whole record video issue yet but going to read up now and try and solve that one. If you want a good Gcam for Android 11 though, for now, I think this is the best one. Once our source drops for Oxygen 11/Android 11 from OnePlus, then these Android 11 roms will be set as far as anything related to us not yet having the official OnePlus Android 11 source yet. If anyone reading this also has a T-Mobile converted 6t I highly suggest trying EvoX. For some reason it's been best for me and for what I use my device for, I've come across nothing that doesn't work and I've had zero things occur that are strange or buggy yet. I haven't tried all A11 roms yet either but Evo has been a true gem this far for me. Now just wish someone would make lawn chair launcher more compatible with Android 11 because it's current build is too buggy for me. Made my screen unresponsive to touch.. But check out link and try the Gcam if you are on Android 11. For me, for now, it's best for AOSP Android 11 rom. Looking forward to OnePlus finally dropping 11 whenever that will be. 😁🤔🙏👼

Reactions: duttyend

Brzi999

Mar 6, 2015
I am using Miniqueta V5.0 and it's really GOOD.
But recently I updated to Android 11, OOS 11.
OOS gallery ignores photos taken by Miniqueta, not showing them at all.
Android 10 works good, 11 not.
Photos are in DCIM/Camera folder, but Gallery not showing. After phone restart, they are vissible in gallery, but restart is not solution. I wiped all app data, did't help.

Are you using stock gallery, or what is your choice?
Any tip how to show Miniqueta photos in gallery?

Pablo.x

Mar 6, 2014
OnePlus 6T
Photos are in DCIM/Camera folder, but Gallery not showing. After phone restart, they are vissible in gallery, but restart is not solution. I wiped all app data, did't help.

You'll have to use another gallery app.

This is a known bug on Android 11 ROMs.

The other way it's to use a new version of GCam, like BSG 8.1 or similar that doesn't have those problem.

This is due to using an old GCam with A11...

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
HP Touchpad
OnePlus 6T

To be able to use Photos or whichever gallery with the photos that disappear, I use Simple Gallery. I select the new pictures taken that will not show up, and I share them to FB Messenger in a chat with myself. Once they are sent, received, and downloaded they will all show in Photos or anything else. Since this is necessary when using Miniqueta, Miniflex on A11 I typically use BSG camera. It has less scene modes but it works great and pictures automatically exist in all galleries.

Eighthourblink

Is there something special I need to enable to get any of these camera apps working?

Reason why im looking for an alternative then what the default camera app is that, flash functionality doesnt seem to work for night shots. The phone takes the picture, flash is enabled, but the picture turns out dark.

Looking into alternatives, i have tried couple.

1. 7.4_GCam_MJL_v5.0_Miniqueta-fix1.apk
  2. MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1x_MGC.apk
  3. MGC_8.4.300_A10_V0_MGC.apk

Each time, the app instantly closes / crashes. Earlier today i did update to the newest firmware and LineageOS update that usually comes out on Thursdays.

Thanks,

Mersine

Sep 13, 2012
Cali
Is there something special I need to enable to get any of these camera apps working?

Reason why im looking for an alternative then what the default camera app is that, flash functionality doesnt seem to work for night shots. The phone takes the picture, flash is enabled, but the picture turns out dark.

Looking into alternatives, i have tried couple.

1. 7.4_GCam_MJL_v5.0_Miniqueta-fix1.apk
  2. MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1x_MGC.apk
  3. MGC_8.4.300_A10_V0_MGC.apk

Each time, the app instantly closes / crashes. Earlier today i did update to the newest firmware and LineageOS update that usually comes out on Thursdays.

Thanks,
I've had issues with camera apps too. I now use Open Camera with the Camera2 API setting turned on, or else there will be issues.

Top Liked Posts