FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Ambient Display][4th-Jul-v3.9] Plus Beat - An Alternative to Notification LED

1,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,799

By vishal_android freak, Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 5th December 2018, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

PLUS BEAT
An Alternative to Notification LED on OnePlus 6T

One Plus 6T is a beast but it lacks a notification LED. It's a tedious process to pick your phone up just to check if you have unread notifications. Plus Beat makes use of Ambient Display and generates pulses after regular time intervals. The time interval can be set by the user. The ambient display lits up if there is an unread notification.

Tested on: OnePlus 6/6T/5/5T/3/3T. Not tested on other phones but should work with any phone supporting Ambient Display and wake screen for new notifications. However, only OnePlus 6T is officially supported as that's the device I own

Features:
  • Set time interval for notification loop on ambient display
  • Per app configurable notifications - Choose apps to display notifications.
  • Hide or Show Notification content on per app basis - Show or hide notification content on per app basis/
  • Stealth Mode - Hide all the content and show notification in the form of the app icon.
  • DND Profiles - Add Do Not Disturb timings to pause Plus Beat.
  • Custom colors for notification icons.

Work in Progress Features:
  • Time interval for notification content display.
  • Time after which the app should stop showing notifications.
  • You tell me more

Download:
Plus Beat for OnePlus

Show the app some love by rating it 5 stars on the Play Store The app is always going to be free but you can help me buy a beer by donating few bucks

PayPal
UPI - [email protected]
Google Pay - [email protected]

Please post feature requests, bugs, etc. and help me improve the app. Before posting bugs, please make sure:
  • Make sure 'Wake screen when you receive notifications' is enabled under Settings > Display > Ambient Display.
  • Make sure 'Plus Beat' is removed from Battery Optimizations. This is important for the app to function properly. Otherwise, the app might malfunction on reboot. OnePlus has strict policies on app start on boot. If it shows already 'Not optimizing', select optimize and reselect don't optimize. Restart the device and check if it's working. If the app doesn't work, please repeat this process.

Credits for testing:
@freakzapster
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181201-204738__01.jpg
Views:	41400
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	4658997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181201-204803__01.jpg
Views:	41196
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	4658998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181205-232817__01.jpg
Views:	40656
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	4659002  
The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to vishal_android freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vishal_android freak Ad-Free

5th December 2018, 06:28 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
21/12/18

*Version 3.8
- Added Battery Percentage pulses. Your wish is my command
- Added pocket mode detection to pause plus beat in your pocket. Yes, I take community feedback seriously
- Added Quick tile to enable/disable Plus Beat from Quick settings in the status bar.
- Fixed back arrow press in DND Profiles screen.
- Fixed DND profiles activation on device reboot.
- Fixed uninstalled packages seen in the package list.
- Fixed crashes.

14/12/18

*Version 3.2

- Fixed DND Profiles.

13/12/18

*Version 3.1

1. Do Not Disturb Profiles are here
- Add profiles for different times where you want Plus Beat to go silent.

2. Removed 'Got To Settings' option for Battery Optimization.
- This feature was malfunctioning, hence, you have to manually go to Settings > Battery > Battery Optimizations and remove Plus Beat.

3. 12hr/24hr formats for clock
- Added 12hr/24hr format for clock pulses.

4. Fixed blurred stealth mode icons.
- Reduced size to remove blur.

5. Bugs and crash fixes.

07/12/18

*Version 2.6
- Added clock pulses feature.
- Fixed crahses in package list and color picker.

Thanks for pointing out bugs and helping with suggestions. This community is amazing!

06/12/2018

*Version 2.2
- Changed custom color picker layout to support hex code and transparency.

*Version 2.1
- Fixed crash on few devices where package names were cached and apps weren't found.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to vishal_android freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vishal_android freak Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 06:59 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Just downloaded hopefully this one can become the go to app for notifications that we need. Thank you.

Editne minor complaint and one suggestion off the get go

Complaint: minimum of 10 second pulse, personally I like the pulses around 3 seconds so I can see with a glance especially at work if I have a notification

Suggestion: implementation of per contact color of notifications, or at least give certain contacts a special color
The Following User Says Thank You to bladestonez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bladestonez Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 07:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello,

Great work !
best notification app for oneplus this one is a lifesaver to me

(in future improvement) would it be possible to have multiple notifications on the screen ? or select the number to display ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Soujyu51 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soujyu51 Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 07:18 PM |#5  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestonez

Just downloaded hopefully this one can become the go to app for notifications that we need. Thank you.

Editne minor complaint and one suggestion off the get go

Complaint: minimum of 10 second pulse, personally I like the pulses around 3 seconds so I can see with a glance especially at work if I have a notification

Suggestion: implementation of per contact color of notifications, or at least give certain contacts a special color

This would be very specific as not all apps show notifications which have contacts in them like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc. Nice suggestion though. I'll think something on similar lines
5th December 2018, 07:20 PM |#6  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujyu51

Hello,

Great work !
best notification app for oneplus this one is a lifesaver to me

(in future improvement) would it be possible to have multiple notifications on the screen ? or select the number to display ?

Multiple notifications aren't possible because of the way Ambient Display works. It will always show the latest notification. The work on the app was actually started with this idea of multiple notifications but the Ambient Display itself doesn't support it
5th December 2018, 07:43 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal_android freak

This would be very specific as not all apps show notifications which have contacts in them like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc. Nice suggestion though. I'll think something on similar lines

Oh that makes sense and no biggie was just an idea, faster pulse options would definitely be a good touch though. Also found something else that would be nice, a hex code box on the color chooser would be nice for those of us who want the color just right.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bladestonez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bladestonez Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 07:54 PM |#8  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestonez

Oh that makes sense and no biggie was just an idea, faster pulse options would definitely be a good touch though. Also found something else that would be nice, a hex code box on the color chooser would be nice for those of us who want the color just right.

I think something like ""quite hours" would be nice. When you goes to bed and put your device next to it, is no fun to have phone which flashes screen every 10 sec
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felek73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift felek73 Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 10:46 PM |#9  
Flag Queens Village, NY
Thanks Meter: 202

Donate to Me
More
Keeping an eye on this as it is similar to pixel pulse. Glad to see we have options
The Following User Says Thank You to jdiddy_ub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdiddy_ub Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 10:58 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Great app but if there any chance to include the clock in the pulse? I assume I can't be the only one that uses their phone as their bedside clock.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to owlmatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift owlmatt Ad-Free
6th December 2018, 02:04 AM |#11  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlmatt

Great app but if there any chance to include the clock in the pulse? I assume I can't be the only one that uses their phone as their bedside clock.

Great idea! Noted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)