An Alternative to Notification LED on OnePlus 6T
One Plus 6T is a beast but it lacks a notification LED. It's a tedious process to pick your phone up just to check if you have unread notifications. Plus Beat makes use of Ambient Display and generates pulses after regular time intervals. The time interval can be set by the user. The ambient display lits up if there is an unread notification.
Tested on: OnePlus 6/6T/5/5T/3/3T. Not tested on other phones but should work with any phone supporting Ambient Display and wake screen for new notifications. However, only OnePlus 6T is officially supported as that's the device I own
- Set time interval for notification loop on ambient display
- Per app configurable notifications - Choose apps to display notifications.
- Hide or Show Notification content on per app basis - Show or hide notification content on per app basis/
- Stealth Mode - Hide all the content and show notification in the form of the app icon.
- DND Profiles - Add Do Not Disturb timings to pause Plus Beat.
- Custom colors for notification icons.
Work in Progress Features:
- Time interval for notification content display.
- Time after which the app should stop showing notifications.
- You tell me more
Plus Beat for OnePlus
Show the app some love by rating it 5 stars on the Play Store The app is always going to be free but you can help me buy a beer by donating few bucks
UPI - [email protected]
Google Pay - [email protected]
- Make sure 'Wake screen when you receive notifications' is enabled under Settings > Display > Ambient Display.
- Make sure 'Plus Beat' is removed from Battery Optimizations. This is important for the app to function properly. Otherwise, the app might malfunction on reboot. OnePlus has strict policies on app start on boot. If it shows already 'Not optimizing', select optimize and reselect don't optimize. Restart the device and check if it's working. If the app doesn't work, please repeat this process.
Credits for testing: