FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP/THEME][ROOT] OPFPControl — Custom Fingerprint Icons and Colors

4,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,381

By Zacharee1, Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 12th February 2019, 04:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a follow-up to my System UI mod for the international 6T. This one, however, doesn't require a modded SystemUI.apk and should work on all OOS versions. This version depends on RROs to change the icons and such, so a reboot is usually needed every time something is changed. This also means that it will last through system updates, and is much easier to uninstall.

Standard disclaimers apply: I'm not responsible if this messes something up.

More screenshots are available on the XDA Labs listing.

Download it here: https://labs.xda-developers.com/stor...er.opfpcontrol
Source code: https://github.com/zacharee/OPFPControl
The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th February 2019, 04:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
When i try to open the app, It crash. Oos 9.0.11.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davide99

When i try to open the app, It crash. Oos 9.0.11.

Ok for some unknown reasons now It is working
12th February 2019, 05:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Yeah, it's not working for me. It gets the root privileges, applies and reboots fine, but the icons aren't changed. Maybe it's the fact I'm using this?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...0-3-9-t3893372

Using that substratum theme that's been going around still works though.
12th February 2019, 05:44 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand Bernard

Yeah, it's not working for me. It gets the root privileges, applies and reboots fine, but the icons aren't changed. Maybe it's the fact I'm using this?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...0-3-9-t3893372

Using that substratum theme that's been going around still works though.

Wait for a minute after unlocking. There will be a notification to reboot again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2019, 07:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Currently not working for me either after .012 update. I'll keep looking for a solution and post it if I find one. I'll probably try the original apks again first to see if they're still functional with the update.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Oh, also Google didn't just remove it from the play store. I also got a play protect warning when installing like they do with V4A.
12th February 2019, 07:58 PM |#6  
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 84

More
App doesnt even open. It just freezes with a grey screen. Too bad
12th February 2019, 08:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Wow this is great! Now it works on beta to! One prob though, attached I have 2 screenshots, one with the old method and one with this new one, the old one had the original dimensions, the new one ruins the shape, what to do?
(Ignore the bug report)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190212-WA0008.jpg
Views:	10628
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	4704418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190212-145248.jpg
Views:	10662
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	4704419  
12th February 2019, 08:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharee1

Wait for a minute after unlocking. There will be a notification to reboot again.

I'm afraid I don't get a notification after reboot, even after waiting for several minutes and reopening the app.

For reference, I have Substratum System UI themes but they're all deactivated, and I have the modified system using that Magisk mod I mentioned earlier, so that might be conflicting somehow.
12th February 2019, 08:50 PM |#9  
Flag Palestine
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Work great on OB4, i had to reboot twice first time, now just a single reboot to change.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190212-224722.jpg
Views:	7032
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	4704440  
12th February 2019, 09:12 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 478

Donate to Me
More
Yeah it doesn't work for me on 9.0.12 and stock system UI. Maybe it's something else.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikosrs4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nikosrs4 Ad-Free
13th February 2019, 12:46 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand Bernard

I'm afraid I don't get a notification after reboot, even after waiting for several minutes and reopening the app.

For reference, I have Substratum System UI themes but they're all deactivated, and I have the modified system using that Magisk mod I mentioned earlier, so that might be conflicting somehow.

Check /system/priv-app for an OPFPIcon folder.

I was having issues making this where installing it to /vendor/overlay and /system/app would cause it to be deleted on a full reboot. I couldn't figure out why it did that, but I found that pushing to /system/priv-app worked for me. Maybe it's not working for you.

If not, I need to figure out what's going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)