FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Custom fingerprint icon (discontinued)

1,608 posts
Thanks Meter: 527

By Pain-N-Panic, Senior Member on 30th November 2018, 03:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have found this mod to obsolete. With @Zacharee1's custom fingerprint application users can now swap out images for their fingerprint icon on the fly.

It's an absolutely fantastic app and it allows users to customize their icons without decompiling their systemui apk!

Link to thread- https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ustom-t3899522

Download any icons you want, resize them to 174x174 (the stock icon size). Open the app and select your images from your gallery then reboot!

If you're still a fan, like me, of having NO icon then simply download an image, resize it and make it completely transparent with your favorite Android image modifying application. I personally use background eraser. Select the transparent images and reboot.

Great application @Zacharee1 !
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Pain-N-Panic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pain-N-Panic Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 04:00 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Droid

More
Screen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181130-013247.jpg
Views:	20628
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	4655468  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pain-N-Panic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pain-N-Panic Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 04:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
This is the start of something great! Thanks for notifying about the new TWRP I wasn't aware. I don't have much to contribute but Im looking forward to where this is going. Great job
The Following User Says Thank You to anthonyg45157 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anthonyg45157 Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 05:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-N-Panic

Screen

Good job pal... Hope to see many more icons for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to zplit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zplit Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 06:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:

I changed the fingerprint icon last night in the home screen of my 6t. I only swapped out the default icon, the animations are the same and the center is still green. Fingerprint is fully functional. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to make a flashable twrp zip. This way I could easily make multiple different icons that people can flash in recovery.

The below link is to my modded OPSystemUI.apk. I install it the old fashion way...push it to system/priv-app. Then change the app permissions to rw-r-r. Then move it into the OPSystemUI folder and overwrite the current OPSystemUI.apk. Reboot!

**NOW THAT WE HAVE FUNCTIONING TWRP MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE MESSING WITH THE SYSTEM PARTITION**

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15BN...w?usp=drivesdk

U can just use any available zip and use it as a template. U'd maybe need to modify it a bit but not too complicated
30th November 2018, 06:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,121

More
Wondering if we could use no icon at all, so this would fix the burn in issue with the AOD mod???
30th November 2018, 06:49 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Droid

More
Link removed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181130-132816__01.jpg
Views:	9186
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	4655560  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pain-N-Panic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pain-N-Panic Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 07:13 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Droid

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook

Wondering if we could use no icon at all, so this would fix the burn in issue with the AOD mod???

Sounds feasible. Either make the icon completely transparent in a photo editor or through XML coding. I'll look at it after I get back from the gym.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pain-N-Panic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pain-N-Panic Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 07:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,121

More
Quote:

Sounds feasible. Either make the icon completely transparent in a photo editor or through XML coding. I'll look at it after I get back from the gym.

Nice!
30th November 2018, 07:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 375

More
I noticed the fingerprint animations files are in there. Have you tried changing these? Looks like these could be easily customized, or even removed if someone wanted.
30th November 2018, 07:38 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Droid

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ

I noticed the fingerprint animations files are in there. Have you tried changing these? Looks like these could be easily customized, or even removed if someone wanted.

Yup. I see them in there. I'll eventually mess around with them. I'm not up for making my own animation...too much work lol. But I certainly plan on changing the colors or remove them entirely... although I think they look quite nice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)