FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

"Pixel - Like" ALWAYS ON DISPLAY for Oneplus 6T [EXPOSED] [STABLE] [Now-Playing]

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By Kylynx, Senior Member on 12th July 2019, 06:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Lately i've been trying hard to find a fix for a phone (a.k.a Oneplus 6t ) which has no notification LED and an "Ambient Display" which is not enough (at least for me).
I've managed to get my hands on a Chinese app that was developed for Oneplus users to have the best ALWAYS ON DISPLAY. It works like charm with a Now playing, Dash charging indicator functionality and also displaying contents of your notifications. It replaces the Ambient display provided by Oneplus with this new one. I've not noticed any battery drains using this app. I'm on latest OPEN BETA 14.
Here are some samples i've taken:

I've been using this for the past 3 days and so far i am impressed. The AOD is working perfectly.
I used a substratum theme to make the in display fingerprint black because that is the only thing which stays still.
Here is the apk v2.5: https://www.coolapk.com/apk/com.retrox.aodmod

The app is in chinese language. You might make use of these screenshots to configure it (I don't see any settings that needs to be changed though):

Else, you can use this app translator to change default chinese to english. the app is restricted to number of words that can be translated. You will need to login with email or phone number to use the app.

Hopefully, those who wanna give the app a try, will like it.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kylynx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kylynx Ad-Free

12th July 2019, 07:48 PM |#2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 408

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylynx

Lately i've been trying hard to find a fix for a phone (a.k.a Oneplus 6t ) which has no notification LED and an "Ambient Display" which is not enough (at least for me).
I've managed to get my hands on a Chinese app that was developed for Oneplus users to have the best ALWAYS ON DISPLAY. It works like charm with a Now playing, Dash charging indicator functionality and also displaying contents of your notifications. It replaces the Ambient display provided by Oneplus with this new one. I've not noticed any battery drains using this app. I'm on latest OPEN BETA 14.
Here are some samples i've taken:

I've been using this for the past 3 days and so far i am impressed. The AOD is working perfectly.
I used a substratum theme to make the in display fingerprint black because that is the only thing which stays still.
Here is the apk:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vxw...ew?usp=sharing

The app is in chinese language. You might make use of these screenshots to configure it (I don't see any settings that needs to be changed though):

Else, you can use this app translator to change default chinese to english. the app is restricted to number of words that can be translated. You will need to login with email or phone number to use the app.

Hopefully, those who wanna give the app a try, will like it.

Awesome. Just a question. Does the FP work fine? Also what about AMOLED Burn-in?
12th July 2019, 07:58 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Louis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannan Qamar

Awesome. Just a question. Does the FP work fine? Also what about AMOLED Burn-in?

Fingerprint works perfectly. I used a substratum theme to make it black to avoid burn in. The rest wont affect the screen. It keeps on showing different notifications and everything moves at random intervals.
It also uses the proximity sensor to turn off the ALWAYS ON DISPLAY-> Pocket mode
12th July 2019, 10:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 478

Donate to Me
More
So how do we install it?

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs
12th July 2019, 10:57 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Louis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosrs4

So how do we install it?

Install the apk file , activate the module on expose Framework and reboot your phone.
13th July 2019, 07:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,307

More
Quote:

Install the apk file , activate the module on expose Framework and reboot your phone.

Riru Edxposed?
13th July 2019, 07:44 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Louis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultofluna

Riru Edxposed?

Yeah
The Following User Says Thank You to Kylynx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kylynx Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 07:53 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

Yeah

Chinese language is pain in the ass
The Following User Says Thank You to cultofluna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cultofluna Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 07:56 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Louis

More
Quote:

Chinese language is pain in the ass

You can refer to my screen shots or use another Exposed app namely App Translator!! ^^
13th July 2019, 08:02 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

You can refer to my screen shots or use another Exposed app namely App Translator!! ^^

Can i just use the app without to change something on the settings?..
And do you know if we can adjust the AOD brightness?
Or uses the system brightness level...
13th July 2019, 08:06 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Louis

More
Quote:

Can i just use the app without to change something on the settings?..
And do you know if we can adjust the AOD brightness?
Or uses the system brightness level...

I think the default settings have the brightness level of the AOD on auto. Light sensor is being used. For me it's working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
always on display, exposed, no screen burns, oneplus6t

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)