FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Patched Google phone dialer V.28 working with Tmo 6T converted to OOS dual sim cards!

1,105 posts
Thanks Meter: 406

By Caltinpla, Senior Member on 27th January 2019, 01:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello OP 6T users,
This newly patched Google phone dialer V.28 by Martin.077 is working fine with my converted Tmo to OOS. The dual sim cards work fine and the only missing is the visual voicemail. Idn if it is working with the stock OOS variant so try and report!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...t/dl/?id=31214
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ubble-t3708218

This is not my work, just want to share the links with interested users:

Stable patched v28
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...708218/page267

Stable patched v29

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...708218/page283

Beta patched v30

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...708218/page287
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caltinpla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Caltinpla Ad-Free

27th January 2019, 10:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Yah vvm is a big gap unfortunately.. had to rollback to oneplus dialer.
28th January 2019, 03:30 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Oddly enough sometimes I can get to GDialer VVM by hitting the notification, but only at random times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190125-224143.jpg
Views:	6224
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	4695015  
28th January 2019, 12:32 PM |#4  
Flag Lock Haven, PA
Thanks Meter: 697

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy

Yah vvm is a big gap unfortunately.. had to rollback to oneplus dialer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFiend

Oddly enough sometimes I can get to GDialer VVM by hitting the notification, but only at random times.

I am on TMobile and have vvm in Google dialer. I had to install the Google dialer as a system app to get it to work. I also uninstalled the stock dialer. Not sure if that matters. And I changed the flags to true in the dialer_phenotype_flags.xml for voicemaill.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190128-072155.jpg
Views:	4182
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	4695241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190128-072336.jpg
Views:	4192
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	4695242  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jsaxon2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsaxon2 Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 01:57 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Garden State
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaxon2

I am on TMobile and have vvm in Google dialer. I had to install the Google dialer as a system app to get it to work. I also uninstalled the stock dialer. Not sure if that matters. And I changed the flags to true in the dialer_phenotype_flags.xml for voicemaill.

You have root access but I don't! Unlike others, I don't really care much about vvm anyway but thanks for the info. 👍
28th January 2019, 03:40 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Are you sure you getting new vms? Initially it does show the tab and shows existing vms, but doesn't get new vms.

Also, what setting is this and where to change this? I am on Verizon and rooted too.
28th January 2019, 07:22 PM |#7  
Flag Lock Haven, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Are you sure you getting new vms? Initially it does show the tab and shows existing vms, but doesn't get new vms.

Also, what setting is this and where to change this? I am on Verizon and rooted too.

Here is the xml file. Unzip it and copy it to /data/data/com.google.android.dialer/shared_prefs

It has the flags set for vvm and call screening. Call screening doesn't work properly though. The caller can't hear the Google ai. Still trying to figure that out.

And yes, new voice mails show up and get transcribed. And I'm on T-Mobile, not Verizon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dialer_phenotype_flags.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.5 KB, 306 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsaxon2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsaxon2 Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 07:23 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Here is the xml file. Unzip it and copy it to /data/data/com.google.android.dialer/shared_prefs

It has the flags set for vvm and call screening. Call screening doesn't work properly though. The caller can't hear the Google ai. Still trying to figure that out.

And yes, new voice mails show up and get transcribed. And I'm on T-Mobile, not Verizon.

Thanks will try this. How to install as system app?
28th January 2019, 07:44 PM |#9  
Flag Lock Haven, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks will try this. How to install as system app?

Easiest way if you are using magisk is to download the app systemizer through magisk manager downloads and do it that way.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190128-144245__01.jpg
Views:	1820
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	4695494  
The Following User Says Thank You to jsaxon2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsaxon2 Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 09:27 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

I can't find this path. Using Google files app.

NVM.. figured out the file issue. But, now I can't open the voicemail advanced settings.
28th January 2019, 10:00 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Weird, I don't even have this file?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190128-135925.jpeg
Views:	4016
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	4695583
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)