FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Request] Taller status bar

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

Thread Closed Email Thread
Oi, mates.

So, as we all know, the OP6T has a notch. Issue with it compared to Google's native software implementation is that the status bar mostly behaves like the notch isn't there.

If we take a look at the developer options, we can simulate a display cutout with the "Double display cutout" which realigns the status bar and gives it more breathing space. Unfortunately, that also makes the notch bigger as the OS simulates the bigger notch.

I've attached screenshots of both of the layouts.

If someone could possibly modify the layout to use a layout made for notches, I'd really really appreciate it. I believe this can be achieved via a substratum theme or a Magisk module that utilises the OOS.

If I'm being unclear or you're wondering something regarding the simulated notch (maybe using OSS to patch out the black bar so it's invisible?) Then please let me know and I'll try to elaborate.

Thank you in advance and I'm really hoping someone will fullfil the request.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181202-150006.jpg
Views:	2310
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	4656729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181202-145927.jpg
Views:	2296
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	4656730  

3rd December 2018, 02:39 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Bump
3rd December 2018, 02:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
The status bar is already tall enough to accommodate the notch, what exactly are you asking for?
The Following User Says Thank You to Yozak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yozak Ad-Free
4th December 2018, 07:55 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozak

The status bar is already tall enough to accommodate the notch, what exactly are you asking for?

I'm asking for an option to use the stock AOSP layout.
4th December 2018, 11:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
It might be nice if it also aligned with the end of the corner radius, as at the moment there's still a bit of dispay curve below the status bar and it kind of looks sloppy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Armand Bernard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Armand Bernard Ad-Free
4th December 2018, 01:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisbednarz

I'm asking for an option to use the stock AOSP layout.

The AOSP implementation is to make the status bar as tall as the notch, which is what they are currently doing. I don’t see what you think the benefit will be if extra space is added.
4th December 2018, 01:16 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozak

The AOSP implementation is to make the status bar as tall as the notch, which is what they are currently doing. I don’t see what you think the benefit will be if extra space is added..

I didn't ask for your preference. I am requesting a mod to adjust it to my preference.
4th December 2018, 02:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Why would you want the status bar Taller then the notch. Makes no sense
4th December 2018, 06:12 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben_skelz92

Why would you want the status bar Taller then the notch. Makes no sense

Read the post right above yours. Thanks.
4th December 2018, 07:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 470

More
I did. Since your the only person that would want something weird like that I very much doubt someone is going to take the time to make a useless mod
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reuben_skelz92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Reuben_skelz92 Ad-Free
4th December 2018, 07:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I think you're being 100% unclear as to what benefit what your asking for even has. Out of the box implementation is just fine in mine and probably nearly everyone but yourself book. If you want someone to go out of their way to make something you might want to give an actual use case for what your asking for or it's unlikely anyone will even try. Just my 2 cents though.
The Following User Says Thank You to bladestonez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bladestonez Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread