Remove All Ads from XDA

[Request] Taller status bar

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

Thread Closed Email Thread
4th December 2018, 07:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I think you're being 100% unclear as to what benefit what your asking for even has. Out of the box implementation is just fine in mine and probably nearly everyone but yourself book. If you want someone to go out of their way to make something you might want to give an actual use case for what your asking for or it's unlikely anyone will even try. Just my 2 cents though.
The Following User Says Thank You to bladestonez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bladestonez Ad-Free

4th December 2018, 09:21 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben_skelz92

I did. Since your the only person that would want something weird like that I very much doubt someone is going to take the time to make a useless mod

It's literally the way AOSP is. I use Google's gestures too, which people usually dislike even though OnePlus gestures are available. Why would I do that? Because I want a stock setup. Android is about choice, not "why that's pointless". Do you attack all those people with custom Zelda themed battery indicators and odd icon packs?

You can literally toggle this layout. Only issue is that you get a bigger notch.
4th December 2018, 09:24 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestonez

I think you're being 100% unclear as to what benefit what your asking for even has. Out of the box implementation is just fine in mine and probably nearly everyone but yourself book. If you want someone to go out of their way to make something you might want to give an actual use case for what your asking for or it's unlikely anyone will even try. Just my 2 cents though.

What if people would like a stock layout? It's literally how Google implemented it. OnePlus modified it on top of what Google made (they basically removed it altogether but whatever)
4th December 2018, 09:29 PM |#14  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Why would someone want a taller status bar? It's nothing but a waste of screen space. If anything, I'm trying to find a way to hide the status bar and display apps underneath the notch as if it doesn't exist.
4th December 2018, 09:43 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisbednarz

What if people would like a stock layout? It's literally how Google implemented it. OnePlus modified it on top of what Google made (they basically removed it altogether but whatever)

I'm not trying to be rude or anything here just trying to help, I guess I just don't get why what we have doesn't work for you. Maybe an AOSP rom would have what your looking for (pixel experience did release).
4th December 2018, 09:43 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonspeakers

Why would someone want a taller status bar? It's nothing but a waste of screen space. If anything, I'm trying to find a way to hide the status bar and display apps underneath the notch as if it doesn't exist.

That's what YOU prefer. Why is it so hard to grasp your mind around my preference? I prefer my status bar to be at a good position according to the curvature of the display. I work as a UX designer, and things like this bother me. I'd like to see if someone could take a look at this because it's a fairly simple task.

I didn't ask for your opinion, so please, just leave.
4th December 2018, 09:47 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm not trying to be rude or anything here just trying to help, I guess I just don't get why what we have doesn't work for you. Maybe an AOSP rom would have what your looking for (pixel experience did release).

That's the thing, I like the stability and battery life of the stock ROM. + smart boost is a nice thing to have with 8GB of RAM. I don't think any other ROM (unless stock-based) will have those features. I literally just want a Pixel skin slammed on top of OxygenOS to revert what OnePlus changed. Someone will likely respond with "you should have bought a Pixel" but let's hope not.

Android is about freedom, right? That's why I'm asking for help to customise it to my liking. It's not even a big request.
4th December 2018, 09:48 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand Bernard

It might be nice if it also aligned with the end of the corner radius, as at the moment there's still a bit of dispay curve below the status bar and it kind of looks sloppy.

That's exactly what I'm looking for basically. The AOSP layout looks great on the OP6T
4th December 2018, 09:50 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisbednarz

That's the thing, I like the stability and battery life of the stock ROM. + smart boost is a nice thing to have with 8GB of RAM. I don't think any other ROM (unless stock-based) will have those features. I literally just want a Pixel skin slammed on top of OxygenOS to revert what OnePlus changed. Someone will likely respond with "you should have bought a Pixel" but let's hope not.

Android is about freedom, right? That's why I'm asking for help to customise it to my liking. It's not even a big request.

Even the simplest of modifications can be a royal nightmare to implement my friend. I might poke around a bit when I get off work and see what I can come up, mainly out of curiosity lol. Don't hold your breath though so it's been ages since I worked on Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to bladestonez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bladestonez Ad-Free
4th December 2018, 09:54 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Even the simplest of modifications can be a royal nightmare to implement my friend. I might poke around a bit when I get off work and see what I can come up, mainly out of curiosity lol. Don't hold your breath though so it's been ages since I worked on Android.

No worries, cheers. I know small stuff can cause lots of trouble, but from what I've seen, every single one of these cutout simulations are APKs with resources in them. Using OSS to replace their backgrounds to transparent ones would possibly work, but it's just a theory. I appreciate it
4th December 2018, 09:56 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 463

More
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread