FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

dBrand ready to go with the OnePlus 7 Pro, pre-ordering for the OnePlus 7?

2,972 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,918
 
By djsubterrain, Senior Member on 14th May 2019, 11:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Vinyl Skins

OnePlus 7 Pro : https://dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-7-pro-skins

OnePlus 7 : https://dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-7-skins

Interestingly the OnePlus 7 skins show a pre-order option, this could add some truth to the rumour that only the OnePlus 7 Pro is coming at launch.

Grip Case

OnePlus 7 Pro : https://dbrand.com/shop/grip/oneplus-7-pro-cases

OnePlus 7 : https://dbrand.com/shop/grip/oneplus-7-cases

Prism Screen Protector

OnePlus 7 : https://dbrand.com/shop/prism/oneplu...een-protectors
 
 
14th May 2019, 11:43 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
Donate to Me
More
I ordered a OP7 Pro skin today and I already got the tracking number, which means it will arrive soon...
Not gonna buy a screen protector for the curved display tho
15th May 2019, 08:41 AM |#3  
djsubterrain's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 2,918
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky2xd

I ordered a OP7 Pro skin today and I already got the tracking number, which means it will arrive soon...
Not gonna buy a screen protector for the curved display tho

They don't have the prism listed for the Pro yet anyway, I'm guessing they're gonna have to test out versions, they'd also have to make a unique mounting block for it.
15th May 2019, 12:07 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
My gadgetshieldz skin is on the way
I've ordered a skin from gadgetshieldz and even that has been shipped today.
15th May 2019, 12:28 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsubterrain

They don't have the prism listed for the Pro yet anyway, I'm guessing they're gonna have to test out versions, they'd also have to make a unique mounting block for it.

Most screen protectors will be a pain in the ass because of the curved edge of the display. According to HardwareCanucks it is as curved as the Galaxy S9 or even slightly more.
I ordered one of those tempered glass screen protectors which have the black frame, but according to the product page the glass itself is curved as well and goes around the edge without cutting off important parts of the screen.
Here's the link if you're interested
https://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/col...reen-protector
15th May 2019, 01:58 PM |#6  
djsubterrain's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 2,918
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky2xd

Most screen protectors will be a pain in the ass because of the curved edge of the display. According to HardwareCanucks it is as curved as the Galaxy S9 or even slightly more.
I ordered one of those tempered glass screen protectors which have the black frame, but according to the product page the glass itself is curved as well and goes around the edge without cutting off important parts of the screen.
Here's the link if you're interested
https://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/col...reen-protector

Nice! Thanks, I do like ultimateshield, bought their protectors multiple times for my OnePlus 5 so hopefully this will do the job well too.

Noticed it's on Amazon UK also for anyone here : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Sh.../dp/B07R6XLVXG
15th May 2019, 02:36 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsubterrain

Nice! Thanks, I do like ultimateshield, bought their protectors multiple times for my OnePlus 5 so hopefully this will do the job well too.

Noticed it's on Amazon UK also for anyone here : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Sh.../dp/B07R6XLVXG

I think they have almost worldwide free shipping when you buy something directly from their online shop btw
15th May 2019, 03:12 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky2xd

Most screen protectors will be a pain in the ass because of the curved edge of the display. According to HardwareCanucks it is as curved as the Galaxy S9 or even slightly more.
I ordered one of those tempered glass screen protectors which have the black frame, but according to the product page the glass itself is curved as well and goes around the edge without cutting off important parts of the screen.
Here's the link if you're interested
https://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/col...reen-protector

No adhesive throughout, gonna be a rainbow party.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190515-071015.png
Views:	192
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	4759340  
15th May 2019, 05:22 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedixJarf

No adhesive throughout, gonna be a rainbow party.

depends on how you apply it, I hope it doesn't change the colours too badly, it would be a crime to that display
15th May 2019, 09:32 PM |#10  
djsubterrain's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 2,918
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedixJarf

No adhesive throughout, gonna be a rainbow party.

Possibly not, the reason for that effect is because the main body of the protector, on previous flat screened OnePlus phones, floats ever so slightly above the screen as the adhesive raises the main body of the protector due to the adhesive only binding on the sides

With the OP7Pro being curved that might not be an issue as the adhesive will be around the curved edge, hopefully holding the rest of the protector against the main body of the screen.

That's what I would hope anyway, will still buy the protector to find out though, all I need is a provider in the UK that will sell me the bloody phone, why it's not available at launch God knows.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes