FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Jack adapter advice

232 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By gigaboss, Senior Member on 15th May 2019, 11:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

I will be switching from Oneplus 5T to 7 Pro by next week.
For the first time, my phone will not have a jack port.
I have great (and expensive) Bose earphones with active noise reduction that I want to keep using, so I am looking to buy a usb-c to jack adapter, I have spotted many on Amazon and wanted your input as I have no idea whether their might be quality or compatibility issues!
Here are some links I spotted:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PF8Z6LB
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5T7QTF
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NVDT57C
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MS88XPB
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QQ4LV8F

What do you think?

16th May 2019, 02:59 AM |#2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 509

More
The phone doesn't come with a dongle?
16th May 2019, 03:02 AM |#3  
Flag New delhi
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrantliker

The phone doesn't come with a dongle?

No there is no adapter in box
16th May 2019, 03:03 AM |#4  
Flag Boston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinegeek

No there is no adapter in box

interesting.

You can buy them on the oneplus site
The Following User Says Thank You to vibrantliker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vibrantliker Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 11:04 AM |#5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrantliker

interesting.

You can buy them on the oneplus site

But you couldn't buy them during the community drops, so you're stuck with a £5 or £8 delivery charge for a £7 item, despite having just dropped £800 into their pockets for the phone itself!

Way to go guys; you couldn't just put one in the bloody box or allow us to buy one at the same time !!

Instead I scored a couple of cheapo dongles from Amazon with free next day delivery instead, which will still arrive quicker than the OnePlus item despite being a third of the all-in cost.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdunne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdunne Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 01:41 PM |#6  
Flag Boston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunne

But you couldn't buy them during the community drops, so you're stuck with a £5 or £8 delivery charge for a £7 item, despite having just dropped £800 into their pockets for the phone itself!

Way to go guys; you couldn't just put one in the bloody box or allow us to buy one at the same time !!

Instead I scored a couple of cheapo dongles from Amazon with free next day delivery instead, which will still arrive quicker than the OnePlus item despite being a third of the all-in cost.

I agree, they could have included it since they took away the headphone jack.
16th May 2019, 03:16 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunne

I mean yeah it's a shame that they didn't include one buy I managed to pick up one during the community drop 🤔 I was more annoyed that for some reason my student discount was unavailable till October, even though I got my OP 5 over 2 years ago
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-05-16 150824.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	4759822  
16th May 2019, 04:24 PM |#8  
Flag Sousse
Thanks Meter: 86

More
I advice you to buy DAC and not a simple adapter since it has the same size, the Sonata HD DAC Cable II by Hidizs got pretty good reviews
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinaroad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chinaroad Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 05:38 PM |#9  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 855

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaroad

I advice you to buy DAC and not a simple adapter since it has the same size, the Sonata HD DAC Cable II by Hidizs got pretty good reviews

I agree! A good 24bit or 32bit DAC built in to the USB dongle will give you a much better audio experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 07:14 PM |#10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaroad

Still, it's about 10 X the cost of the basic adapter, so unless the onboard DAC turns out to be pants I'll probably stick with what's sitting in the mailroom for me
16th May 2019, 07:17 PM |#11  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,909

More
I'll get a DAC adapter.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)