FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magnetic tempered glass casing (screen + case combo)

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Reymundo911, Junior Member on 6th November 2019, 08:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I ran across an ad for what looks like an amazing solution for protecting our smartphones (check out attached image)

Has anyone ever ordered / have experience with the vendor desoor.com ?

I have not found too much info about them using Google, so Inquiring here.

Here is a link to the OP7Pro case purchase site :
https://www.desoor.com/collections/p...cts/phone-case

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4fe40f089696834c4906303a743d01c5_1160ab10-1be4-440e-9a89-dd706b103979_1512x.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	4868467  
6th November 2019, 09:39 PM |#2  
Flag Detroit Mi
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Going to order one will post back
6th November 2019, 10:39 PM |#3  
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 3,281

More
Don't buy cases with magnets, they mess with the functionality of the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to djsubterrain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djsubterrain Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 11:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsubterrain

Don't buy cases with magnets, they mess with the functionality of the phone.

How? I have a magnet on my phone and it's been working fine but I'm a little concerned now lol
6th November 2019, 11:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
i bought this one on from ebay but its not here yet

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F372732963574
7th November 2019, 12:23 AM |#6  
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 3,281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswis

How? I have a magnet on my phone and it's been working fine but I'm a little concerned now lol

I've seen people mention GPS issues while using cases like that
7th November 2019, 02:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsubterrain

I've seen people mention GPS issues while using cases like that

I use GPS with a magnet and it works fine
7th November 2019, 04:32 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswis

I use GPS with a magnet and it works fine

i have my phone on a magnetic car mount all day using gps and its fine
8th November 2019, 06:52 PM |#9  
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Gotta admit, I've never seen anything like this! There has to be a gap of some sort between the screen and the protector, so I wonder how well the screen responds? I'm currently using the sandstone case from OnePlus along with the factory applied screen protector and both are working well for me so far. The price seems fair. So we need some guinea pigs. Looking forward to reading some first hand reviews.
8th November 2019, 09:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
this is a scam. I ordered from one of those ads on facebook. Its the same damn product advertised by different websites (allbort, bowbul, desoor). They are all in china. One on ebay is 7 bucks but these websites charge 21 bucks. I cancelled the order 4 hrs after putting it. Even though they say they will cancel the order if it has not shipped, they didnt cancel and sent me an email 2 days later that they can not cancel it because it has shipped. Then I think well, give me the shipping tracking info. Now they say there is a problem with the post-office. I tried to resolve it with paypal but there were of no help either.
8th November 2019, 10:09 PM |#11  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 621

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reymundo911

I ran across an ad for what looks like an amazing solution for protecting our smartphones ..!

I bought and used one of those two sided tempered glass magnetic screen protector for just short of four months. As soon as I got it I spent time looking for alternate cases but was surprised that I liked it better than my initial impression. At first I thought the back was more slippery than a fish just out of water but that wasn't true even when my hand was sweaty. Note that I'm a two handed phone user.

Every week or so specs of dirt would appear under the screen like with a tgsp that isn't full adhesive. I just opened the cover then use a piece of tape to remove the specs and it looked great again. Unfortunately the weekly clean eventually was the end of that case. Prying the top and bottom apart must have twisted the top as the tempered glass cracked. Within a day I saw a similar crack on the bottom half. So be very careful when you eventually need to remove specs of dirt.

One other draw back of this case is the lack of sensitivity at the very bottom of the screen. If you use Gestures then no matter how high you crank up screen sensitivity in the settings it is not good enough. My solution was to install FNG (Fluid Navigation Gestures) from the playstore. You can set it up for left or right side gestures and the case has enough sensitivity to work reliably.
Oddly enough even though I no longer use the case and have turned down screen sensitivity to normal plus have Android 10 installed (better gestures right in the OOS), I still use FNG. It has more features that I'm not prepared to give up.
Finger print scanner sensitivity was never an issue once I cranked up the settings and re-entered my finger prints.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3DSammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3DSammy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)