FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Oneplus 7 Pro Screen Protectors

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By AdhityaDhruv, Member on 9th May 2019, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Definitely upgrading my OP 6 this time with a Oneplus 7 Pro and will be getting it on launch day. Will there be any proper tempered glass protectors which wouldn't block the Oneplus 7 Pro screen on the sides? Wasn't lucky with the Oneplus 6 TG protectors as they were blocking the screen. The screen this time looks a lot more curved from the images and chances of a fully fitting tempered glass looks very bleak with the bezels almost vanishing.

Finished applying gadgetshieldz full body protection on my Oneplus 7 Pro. The screen protector goes all the way to the edges. This is freakin invisible after applying and almost feels like glass...Great scratch protection if you use your device naked.

There is no proper TG protectors yet due to the curved screen. This feels great with the back and camera lens protection as bonus....

https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplu...rs-guards.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190517_152820.jpg
Views:	8916
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	4760433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190517_153043.jpg
Views:	8958
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	4760434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190517_154057.jpg
Views:	8888
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	4760435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190517_154415.jpg
Views:	8870
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	4760436  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AdhityaDhruv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdhityaDhruv Ad-Free

10th May 2019, 01:13 PM |#2  
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdhityaDhruv

Definitely upgrading my OP 6 this time with a Oneplus 7 Pro and will be getting it on launch day. Will there be any proper tempered glass protectors which wouldn't block the Oneplus 7 Pro screen on the sides? Wasn't lucky with the Oneplus 6 TG protectors as they were blocking the screen. The screen this time looks a lot more curved from the images and chances of a fully fitting tempered glass looks very bleak with the bezels almost vanishing.

Or should I go for those liquid or wet install protectors like Gadgetshieldz or Zagg Invisibleshield as these cover the screen edge-to-edge? Gadgetshieldz is already on pre-order

https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplu...rs-guards.html

Any Oneplus 7 Pro tempered glass protectors available yet? Whitestone Dome kinda for a reasonable price?

There are some in the Amazon but not sure about the quality and no info about the whitestone and zagg. These flexi screen protectors with a case are your best bet till anything worthwhile comes in tempered glass protectors for the Oneplus 7 Pro.
12th May 2019, 02:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3,160

More
Picked these up from Amazon. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190511_162124.jpeg
Views:	7766
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	4757598
The Following User Says Thank You to charlieb620 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift charlieb620 Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 05:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

Picked these up from Amazon. Attachment 4757598

Any links?
14th May 2019, 02:04 PM |#5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 508

More
Im just worried due to curved screen on Pro that we wont get a easy to apply one.
Will probably need to use blue light to put it on and that makes them quite expensive and not compatible with all cases. My Pixel 2 XL still has no protector due to this.
14th May 2019, 11:24 PM |#6  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,007

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekromantik

Im just worried due to curved screen on Pro that we wont get a easy to apply one.
Will probably need to use blue light to put it on and that makes them quite expensive and not compatible with all cases. My Pixel 2 XL still has no protector due to this.

Yes whitestone dome.

Had this on several of my Samsung devices. They work great but the install takes some getting used to and they are much more expensive than a regular tempered glass protector
15th May 2019, 02:15 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

Picked these up from Amazon.

Which one is this? And when you put it up to light do you see tiny small dots throughout the glass? Or is it completely transparent? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Xshooter726 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xshooter726 Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 12:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 236

Donate to Me
More
I bought this one from UltimateShield
https://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/col...reen-protector
I'll write a short review after using it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freaky2xd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift freaky2xd Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 01:29 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Yes whitestone dome.

Had this on several of my Samsung devices. They work great but the install takes some getting used to and they are much more expensive than a regular tempered glass protector

But Whitestone dome is providing screen protectors for Samsung devices. Not for Oneplus.
16th May 2019, 03:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've just been trolling Aliexpress and it seems like that they are making UV curing full cover screen protectors, here is just 2 that I found that might work really well for the OP7 Pro. 😃

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/UV-L...c-2dd1871794c6

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Scre...c-2dd1871794c6
16th May 2019, 05:10 PM |#11  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,007

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdhityaDhruv

But Whitestone dome is providing screen protectors for Samsung devices. Not for Oneplus.

One plus hasnt had a curved screen until now so no need for whitestone to make one.

They may now
The Following User Says Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)