FORUMS

[OxygenOS System Mods] RENOVATE ICE 12.3 | OP7/OP7PRO//OP7T/OP7TPRO

6,527 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,101

By mwilky, Recognized Developer on 27th May 2019, 09:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from mwilky: 12.3 Released!
27th May 2019, 11:13 PM |#21  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 137

More
I have a 1917 on 9.4.5. I'll test it for you, but before I begin, if I install your ROM through Magisk, and end up with a bootloop, can I uninstall it by simply deleting the folder in "data/adb/modules", or is uninstallation more involved than that? I tried getting uninmod up and running, but kept getting failure to mount magisk.img errors in terminal.

I'm really glad your here. I missed Renovate on my S8+ once you stopped supporting it.
27th May 2019, 11:19 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 16,101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex13

I have a 1917 on 9.4.5. I'll test it for you, but before I begin, if I install your ROM through Magisk, and end up with a bootloop, can I uninstall it by simply deleting the folder in "data/adb/modules", or is uninstallation more involved than that? I tried getting uninmod up and running, but kept getting failure to mount magisk.img errors in terminal.

I'm really glad your here. I missed Renovate on my S8+ once you stopped supporting it.

The way I managed to sort my bootloops out without having twrp when testing - authorise adb shell root access by plugging your phone in and typing adb shell then su. This will bring magisk manager pop up up on phone, allow shell root access.

If you ever bootlop now, all you need to vdo is plug phone into pc when it is stuck, then you can run su again to get root access, then like you said you delete the module folder through adb shell.

It is important you grant shell root beforehand, you won't have permission to data/adb without root
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mwilky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2019, 11:29 PM |#23  
Flag Walsall
Thanks Meter: 1,253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan0829

Damnnnn this looks good. Will definitely test on 9.4.5 AA soon

Let us know how it goes man!

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
27th May 2019, 11:47 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav101

Let us know how it goes man!

Flashed fine. Booted up easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Logan0829 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Logan0829 Ad-Free
27th May 2019, 11:54 PM |#25  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,199

More
Well I just flashed it through Magisk on 4.5.4 and it's up and running fine (nice to be back on the ROM). I also renewed my subscription that I cancelled when I sold my 6T.

In addition my phone is a T-Mobile version I converted to the International 9.5.4 OOS.
The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bp328i Ad-Free
27th May 2019, 11:55 PM |#26  
Flag Walsall

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp328i

Well I just flashed it through Magisk on 4.5.3 and it's up and running fine (nice to be back on the ROM). I also renewed my subscription that I cancelled when I sold my 6T.

In addition my phone is a T-Mobile version I converted to the International 9.5.4 OOS.

Hey buddy,

Sorry but wanted to check. In the first line you said 9.5.3 then at the end you said 9.5.4? Could you confirm which of the two you are using?

27th May 2019, 11:57 PM |#27  
Flag Tampa Bay

More
Quote:

Hey buddy,

Sorry but wanted to check. In the first line you said 9.5.3 then at the end you said 9.5.4? Could you confirm which of the two you are using?

Sorry, it's 9.5.4, just a typo, I corrected it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bp328i Ad-Free
28th May 2019, 12:01 AM |#28  
Flag Walsall

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan0829

Flashed fine. Booted up easily.

Quote:

Sorry, it's 9.5.4, just a typo, I corrected it.

Awesome guys,

Seems we are confirmed this works without issue on GM21AA on build number 9.5.4. I have updated the 4th post (first post after Mwilky) to confirm if anyone else has this question and reads that far into the thread

The Following User Says Thank You to rav101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rav101 Ad-Free
28th May 2019, 12:31 AM |#29  
Flag Tampa Bay

More
Quote:

Awesome guys,

Seems we are confirmed this works without issue on GM21AA on build number 9.5.4. I have updated the 4th post (first post after Mwilky) to confirm if anyone else has this question and reads that far into the thread

I'd be willing to bet the question gets asked several more times...lol
28th May 2019, 01:36 AM |#30  
Flag Walsall

More
Quote:

I'd be willing to bet the question gets asked several more times...lol

I think you're right! But one can hope!!!

28th May 2019, 02:11 AM |#31  
Yup, just another voice confirming working on GM1917 build 9.5.4.
Stock recovery, installed through magisk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillyRy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WillyRy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)