This is an UNOFFICIAL build of LineageOS for OnePlus 7 Pro (5G version NOT TESTED, probably won't work). While most features should be working, remember that this is a very early version and things could break, especially for a device as new as this one. I have literally just got hands on it last weekend and spent a few days fixing issues like the fingerprint scanner and motorized front camera. Please always flash with caution.
- All basic stuff like telephone, bluetooth, nfc, camera, volte, etc.
- Fingerprint scanner (works but with a few minor issues that doesn't affect using it)
- Front camera motor
- Light sensor
- 90hz screen (with some bugs described below)
Known Issues + TO-DOs
- Fingerprint scanning has some quirks here and there. Sometimes the screen goes entirely black except for the scanning area, sometimes the screen may flash a little bit while scanning (tried to reduce it since 20190629).
(Note: if your fingerprint icon gets stuck on home screen, try the following steps: lock your phone, turn on the screen, swipe up for password/pattern unlock, then immediately press the back button, then use fingerprint to unlock. I'll try to get this fixed in the future.)
- No 48MP for camera. Kind of what you'd expect for these imx586 devices.
- Importing keys to TEE does not work. Do not even try it, you may lose access to your data.
- SELinux is permissive.
How to flash
Use the TWRP recovery here https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...overy-t3931322
Since 20190629, you DO NOT need to flash OxygenOS before flashing this ROM anymore.
Note: this rom is only tested with firmware images from oxygen 9.5.5 for now. If you encounter any problem for things like mobile data, please try using firmware from 9.5.5 first.
This procedure is a bit tedious, but it's only because we are on an A/B system device.
1. Restart to bootloader, use `fastboot boot` to boot into the TWRP image
2. In TWRP, wipe data (better: format data)
3. Flash this LineageOS image (this installs it to the other slot)
4. Go to Reboot -> Bootloader (this will reboot to the other slot)
5. Again, use `fastboot boot` to boot into the TWRP image
6. Install OpenGAPPS / Magisk etc. (this installs to the current slot)
7. Reboot system
A lot of development has been going on this week due to luk1337, maintainer of official LineageOS for multiple devices, joining the party. Most of changes this week are either directly done by luk1337 or inspired by him.
- Corrected the calibration algorithm of the ambient light sensor. It works mostly fine now.
- Fixed support for in-display fingerprint sensor in Always-on Display mode.
- Fixed support for Wi-Fi Display
- Fixed LiveDisplay calibration / reading mode.
- Revamped the icon of in-display fingerprint scanner
- Fixed GNSS (GPS) support. Before this release, all the location information was network-based.
- Fixed NFC HCE.
- Added support for free-fall protection and manual-press warning for front-facing motorized camera.
- Fixed battery usage data.
- Now comes with full vendor image, no need to flash OxygenOS vendor anymore.
- No more "internal problems" on boot anymore.
- Rebased the kernel
- Reduced screen blinking when fingerprint scanner is active (due to the rebased kernel)
- Hacked to make the screen work at 90Hz right after booting. No need to lock & unlock anymore (but expect a short blink while booting)
- Fixed double-tap-to-wake. Now the option in settings should be working.
- Fixed the position of fingerprint scanning circle when the screen is rotated.
- Tried to fix the ambient light sensor, but its behavior in an extremely low-light environment is still pretty funky. I hope maybe OnePlus can open-source their official algorithm to correct this thing...
- Fixed crashes caused by playing audio
- Fixed bluetooth audio
- Added dash charging daemon
- Hacked to make the light sensor ( + auto brightness) at least work
Stock Camera App
I have a modified version of the OxygenOS camera app here for use with LineageOS. It mostly works after a simple hack, however:
- No 48MP available. There must be some magic in official ROM on the frameworks side, and I doubt there is much to do about it
- Gallery integration does not work. Clicking on the gallery shortcut in camera will always say "no photos". You need to go to gallery app manually.
- Slow motion works but it will show a black screen when first started. Switching to another app and then back will fix it.
Remeber that I am not a professional camera modder at all. I have little knowledge in this field, and this is only a fallback solution given that nobody else has worked on modding the official camera of this device yet.
- LineageOS (obviously) and especially luk1337 (who maintains LOS for oneplus 6t also)
- OmniROM & phhusson (for their fingerprint scanner implementation as a basis, I cleaned it up a bit and abstracted device-specific logic from the somewhat messy frameworks implementation out to HAL. I think their original implementation for Xiaomi 9 / OnePlus 6T should have been done this way also.)
- All contributors to OnePlus 6T device tree of LOS & OmniROM (I took a good amount of code from there)
- HolyDragon guys (for their early work on the kernel)
LineageOS for Oneplus 7 Pro, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro
PeterCxy, ashwin4rc, holydragon
Source Code: https://github.com/PeterCxy/android_...plus_guacamole
Kernel Code: https://github.com/PeterCxy/android_...oneplus_sm8150
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2019-06-21