FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Black crushing on OP7 Pro?

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By noobnoob25, Junior Member on 19th November 2019, 05:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been searching for it around and haven't found any workaround. The black colour/darker colours look pixelated. It's never captured in screenshot/screen recorder so can't really post a screenshot here. Is this a software issue or a hardware one? It's usually visible on lower brightness, <40% and only in live wallpapers and videos, Netflix and Youtube. The display with black/darker colours looks really bad. The dark theme colours are fine though. It's just videos and anything that's moving.
25th November 2019, 02:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobnoob25

I have been searching for it around and haven't found any workaround. The black colour/darker colours look pixelated. It's never captured in screenshot/screen recorder so can't really post a screenshot here. Is this a software issue or a hardware one? It's usually visible on lower brightness, <40% and only in live wallpapers and videos, Netflix and Youtube. The display with black/darker colours looks really bad. The dark theme colours are fine though. It's just videos and anything that's moving.

I had the same issue with a China gm1910 model and ended up returning it and buying a global 12gb ram model straight from OnePlus and everything is fine on it. Return it cause the display is most likely faulty.
25th November 2019, 04:42 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aporzio

I had the same issue with a China gm1910 model and ended up returning it and buying a global 12gb ram model straight from OnePlus and everything is fine on it. Return it cause the display is most likely faulty.

Yes I'm going to OP service center. But you know what, it gets fixed with an app called Screen Balance. I mean if it does gets fixed, it's probably not an hardware issue I guess.
26th November 2019, 02:59 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aporzio

Also, this is how the black color looks when in low light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	4886907  
26th November 2019, 12:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:

That kinda looks like what it looks like to play HDR content in a non-HDR player
26th November 2019, 02:43 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiexl

That kinda looks like what it looks like to play HDR content in a non-HDR player

Yes. It only happens in low light. And I went to OnePlus service center and they have good lightning inside the store and it wasn't visible. They told me to record a video of the content playing with black crush. And when I do that using my old iphone 6, the black crush doesn't look in the video.

Also, I recently discovered turning off Video Enhancer lessens the Black crush a lot.
27th November 2019, 02:34 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:

Yes. It only happens in low light. And I went to OnePlus service center and they have good lightning inside the store and it wasn't visible. They told me to record a video of the content playing with black crush. And when I do that using my old iphone 6, the black crush doesn't look in the video.

Also, I recently discovered turning off Video Enhancer lessens the Black crush a lot.

What video player are you using?
27th November 2019, 07:23 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiexl

What video player are you using?

Usually VLC for downloaded media. Black crush also happens over Youtube, Netflix and Prime video.
29th November 2019, 10:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

Yep same exact issue I had and my 2nd one doesn't have that. So I would say it's defective
2nd December 2019, 11:17 AM |#10  
Flag Cava
Thanks Meter: 151

More
i have the same problem with GM1913 on open beta 6...sometimes the screen goes green on low light condition....but only on lockscreen and some videos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191129_143350.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	4892015  
2nd December 2019, 02:42 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP1979

i have the same problem with GM1913 on open beta 6...sometimes the screen goes green on low light condition....but only on lockscreen and some videos.

How does it look in the daylight? Mine looks perfectly okay in daylight and when the lighting conditions are good in a room. I went to OP service centre and it wasn't visible there. They said to wait for the next update if it doesn't get okay then they will take the device for inspection.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)