Remove All Ads from XDA

CN Ver. with flashed OS

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By schmoo, Member on 7th August 2019, 05:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I ordered a new phone and just spotted that its "CN Ver. with flashed OS":
1. Do I need to worry?
2. Does that mean I lose the Widevine and Google Pay support?
3. Can I reset manually reset the phone to "stock" international version (just in case it comes with a virus etc.)?
7th August 2019, 05:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I think it's T-mobile Variant

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
7th August 2019, 05:59 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,937

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoo

1. Do I need to worry?
3. Can I reset manually reset the phone to "stock" international version (just in case it comes with a virus etc.)?

I assume they mean a custom ROM (flashed by the user). All ROMs are "flashed". How else would it get on the phone?

1. Probably not.
2. You don't "lose" Widevine. It drops Widevine status from L1 to L3. Which means Netflix reduces the video resolution from 720p to 480p (and apparently also some other video services like Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO). Widevine L1 status is restored if you return the phone to stock condition and relock the bootloader.
I don't know about Google Pay on a custom ROM, but it works fine on the stock ROM with root.
3. Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
7th August 2019, 07:22 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

I assume they mean a custom ROM (flashed by the user). All ROMs are "flashed". How else would it get on the phone?

1. Probably not.
2. You don't "lose" Widevine. It drops Widevine status from L1 to L3. Which means Netflix reduces the video resolution from 720p to 480p (and apparently also some other video services like Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO). Widevine L1 status is restored if you return the phone to stock condition and relock the bootloader.
I don't know about Google Pay on a custom ROM, but it works fine on the stock ROM with root.
3. Yes.

This is actually from eGlobalCentral who are basically a Chinese seller, but with depots in Europe...
(So suspect they are taking stock CN phones and flashing with the international stock ROM - but who knows)

As long as I can "reinstall" the international version + boot loader (and re-lock) without any limitations compared to the official version (auto updates, full google pay etc.) I can stop my worrying...
7th August 2019, 11:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 667

More
Quote:

This is actually from eGlobalCentral who are basically a Chinese seller, but with depots in Europe...
(So suspect they are taking stock CN phones and flashing with the international stock ROM - but who knows)

As long as I can "reinstall" the international version + boot loader (and re-lock) without any limitations compared to the official version (auto updates, full google pay etc.) I can stop my worrying...

I think you're fine! Granted they don't send you some clone device and it's REAL OnePlus hardware. The MSM tools that are floating around here on XDA will restore the device to stock and lock the bootloader for you, so no worries there, just make sure to use the correct MSM tool for the device you end up with.

Side note, I notice for me anyway that the MSM tool only flashes one partition, it's a good idea to do a local upgrade from the phone itself after using the MSM tool, just in case.
The Following User Says Thank You to H4X0R46 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift H4X0R46 Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 12:06 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4X0R46

I think you're fine! Granted they don't send you some clone device and it's REAL OnePlus hardware. The MSM tools that are floating around here on XDA will restore the device to stock and lock the bootloader for you, so no worries there, just make sure to use the correct MSM tool for the device you end up with.

Side note, I notice for me anyway that the MSM tool only flashes one partition, it's a good idea to do a local upgrade from the phone itself after using the MSM tool, just in case.

There won't be any issues with fake hardware (have used the site a few times before) - they are just poor at communicating when an item is in stock in Europe versus in stock in China (with the extra delay of it being shipped to Europe warehouse) - but they consistently have excellent prices.

(with all the delays I might just go straight to the Q beta!!!)

Thanks all!
The Following User Says Thank You to schmoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schmoo Ad-Free
12th October 2019, 11:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please share your experience
Hello, hope everything went well with your oneplus device?
Did you manage to install oxygen os on it? Did everything else worked will like playstore and all?
Please share your experience, I am looking to buy one from eglobalcentraluk, any information will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Naveed
13th October 2019, 01:30 AM |#8  
Flag Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:

1. Do I need to worry?

i think the CN version you're talking to is the CHINA VARIANT GM1910 ??? these variants have hydrogen OS installed out of the box,,
but there are some sellers who tampered it and install Oxygen OS then reseal it ... JUst like mine,, Im from the Philippines and i opt to buy a GM1910 china variant FLASHED with global rom (OXYGEN OS) because of the GOLD WHITE COLOR
and because it's now in OXYGEN os, it has all the GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES installed. and lastly,, the WIDEVINE L1 is still intact.. you will only loose it if you unlock its bootloader...

Quote:

GM1910 is the Chinese variant OnePlus 7 Pro running HydrogenOS (with GM21 build tag).
It is possible to flash both GM21AA (global) and GM21BA (EU) OxygenOS firmware on top of the HydrogenOS using the Local Upgrade method.
Bootloader unlocking is not necessary for switching to OxygenOS.
After conversion, you'll get OTA update from the respective branch.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...81&postcount=2

13th October 2019, 07:47 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Yea, all was good came re-flashed with Oxygen - will probably do a hard reset once Oxygen 10 is final.
The Following User Says Thank You to schmoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schmoo Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 12:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Yea, all was good came re-flashed with Oxygen - will probably do a hard reset once Oxygen 10 is final.

Did you have to reinstall google apps?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)