FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Coming from a pixel 2xl, which OP should I buy?

562 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By pbman1953, Senior Member on 1st November 2019, 08:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I see and read all the videos how disappointing the Pixel 4 series is. I'm thinking of getting a One Plus. I see that there are different varieties of the 7 series . On your suggestion please keep in mind thdt I do like My pixel 2xl size. For a big phone it's comfortable to hold and now too tall. I see that the 7 pro is very tall.

So I'm open to hear what you owners think. Also to stay with Verizon , is the One Plus website the only deal ? Lastly would you know what Google features I'd miss or not get

Thanks!
1st November 2019, 09:28 PM |#2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,210

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbman1953

So I see and read all the videos how disappointing the Pixel 4 series is. I'm thinking of getting a One Plus. I see that there are different varieties of the 7 series . On your suggestion please keep in mind thdt I do like My pixel 2xl size. For a big phone it's comfortable to hold and now too tall. I see that the 7 pro is very tall.

So I'm open to hear what you owners think. Also to stay with Verizon , is the One Plus website the only deal ? Lastly would you know what Google features I'd miss or not get

Thanks!

Hey man, I also used Pixel 2 XL since it was released. I was disappointed in leaks of 4 XL so I picked up 7 pro about 2 months ago. Size they are fairly similar in size, weight you definitely feel the weight difference with 7 pro bring heavier. Dimensions they are fairly close if you check. I definitely missed all the Google pixel features but a lot of roms have same experience plus more such as omnirom tresk mod. For the display alone is worth moving from Pixel 2 XL to 7 pro I think. Good luck man.
1st November 2019, 10:37 PM |#3  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,067

More
I've had pixels before, then I tried the OnePlus 7 Pro and have never looked back...
2nd November 2019, 03:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
You will miss the Pixel quality camera. Works on Verizon really well. Best Android skin ever. Screen is great, speakers good. I have a 2XL and the 7pro. Android user for a long time. First time I can say in 15 yrs I have been looking at an iPhone. Google can't seem to get out of their own way. Pixel 4/4xl is just the latest example. Good luck.
2nd November 2019, 03:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Boston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by error311

Hey man, I also used Pixel 2 XL since it was released. I was disappointed in leaks of 4 XL so I picked up 7 pro about 2 months ago. Size they are fairly similar in size, weight you definitely feel the weight difference with 7 pro bring heavier. Dimensions they are fairly close if you check. I definitely missed all the Google pixel features but a lot of roms have same experience plus more such as omnirom tresk mod. For the display alone is worth moving from Pixel 2 XL to 7 pro I think. Good luck man.

Great info thanks!

1- What about buying?
2-I want to stay with my current line would I better off buying direct from One plus? They have the finance offer.
3- How is their launcher? customization ? At least equal to the Pixel Launcher or close to Nova?
4- What features did you miss from the Pixel?

Thanks
4th November 2019, 12:46 AM |#6  
Flag Delaware, OH
Thanks Meter: 144

More
I came from the Pixel 2XL om Verizon network. I've had mine just a few days

1 - Bought mine direct from OnePlus. Guarantee it would work on Verizon network that way. Just make that phone call to switch to CDMA Less.

2 - I pay cash for all my phones. I did see financing on OnePlus site though.

3 - I used Nova Launcher on day one that I bought the Pixel 2, I also used it on the Nexus 6P before that. I'm currently using the Stock launcher on the Oneplus. I can honestly say that the Oneplus launcher feature rich and that I don't miss Nova at all. Probably the only reason I ever really used Nova is because of the stupid Google search bar on the Pixel 2 and 6P. You don't have that problem on Oneplus, You can remove it I would say its closer to Nova to answer your question.

4 - I think the only thing I'll miss is the free original quality uploads to Goggle Photos. The pixel 4 does have the original picture quality upload and no finger print sensor so those 2 things were the deal breaker for me for the price point they are asking for the Pixel 4XL with only 6 GB / 128 GB

I bought the 12 GB / 256 GB version. Gotta love those specs more that anything over the pixel series.

Hope this helps in your decision. Feel free to ask anything else.
4th November 2019, 03:21 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Boston

More
Hey Jeff , nice write-up!

I thought that one of the beefs is that the p4 does not upload original photo quality for free.

How would I know if I should get the 7 or 7t?

Plus is it true that it comes with a screen protector out if the box.?
Thanks
4th November 2019, 01:53 PM |#8  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbman1953

Hey Jeff , nice write-up!

I thought that one of the beefs is that the p4 does not upload original photo quality for free.

How would I know if I should get the 7 or 7t?

Plus is it true that it comes with a screen protector out if the box.?
Thanks

1. i have the 7 / 7T & the 7T Pro, if you're into heavy gaming i'd suggest you pick up the the 7T Pro, if not, the 7 Pro performs really well on the 12GB ram version.

2. Yes, all of the OnePlus 7 devices come with a pre-installed screen protector & a silicon case inside.

If you have more questions, feel free to shoot them my way
4th November 2019, 02:55 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Boston

More
Jeff,
What about warranty advice?

Also, do you think my pixel sim would work or do I ned to contact Verizon for a new sim?

Plus, the One Plus website doesn't offer the 12GB ram version yet, only Amazon. . I think I may go for the 8. I can't justify the price and as is I''m going from 4 to 8.

Thanks
4th November 2019, 04:38 PM |#10  
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I must say... If you rely on a good cam, the OP should be not your choice. Unfortunately.
But if not, everything speaks OP7pro. The screen is amazing, performance great. 90hz ftw!

And i don't think the 7t pro is necessary. Unless you game a lot.
4th November 2019, 04:52 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Boston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinaaa

I must say... If you rely on a good cam, the OP should be not your choice. Unfortunately.
But if not, everything speaks OP7pro. The screen is amazing, performance great. 90hz ftw!

And i don't think the 7t pro is necessary. Unless you game a lot.

I'll be good with the 7 Pro, I'm not a gamer.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)