FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone else's 7 Pro always turns on in the pocket?

596 posts
Thanks Meter: 144

By memocatcher, Senior Member on 25th July 2019, 06:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sometimes when I put my 7 Pro (LOCKED) into my pocket, it just turns on again and changes the music title for example or turns on the flashlight. Also, I see the battery is draining because of the random turn ons/turn offs inside the pocket.
Is this a thing for others too?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to memocatcher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift memocatcher Ad-Free
25th July 2019, 07:16 PM |#2  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 123

Donate to Me
More
there should be settings to prevent that. I'm not on stock rom so I don't know but look in display settings
25th July 2019, 08:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Loads of threads on this already. Turn off lift to wake
The Following User Says Thank You to hallo dare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hallo dare Ad-Free
25th July 2019, 08:52 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallo dare

Loads of threads on this already. Turn off lift to wake

It's turned off
25th July 2019, 09:09 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Null
25th July 2019, 09:13 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhinCuatro

Pocket mode is supposed to prevent this. The oneplus 7 pro DOESN'T have this, unfortunately. Pocket mode used to rely on proximity (and possibly other sensors), but the oneplus 7 pro lacks a proximity sensor.. Hope someone has a workaround at the moment.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

You did NOT address the issue. The screen is actually being turned on; not a mere ambient screen being shown. The op7pro lacks a pocket mode for some reason, most likely due to lack of proximity sensor.

Yeah it's been turned on, presumably through the lift to wake feature. I had the same issue with the phone becoming unlocked, making calls, changing my settings, etc. I turned off lift to wake. The screen no longer woke in my pocket giving access to the phone, so no issues since. Loads if threads on here also with the same issue. Also OP see if you have on body detection turned on. If there was another fix I'd obviously state it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hallo dare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hallo dare Ad-Free
25th July 2019, 09:21 PM |#7  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,048

More
I don't use lift to wake either... work around for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxys Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)