FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

flashed TWRP over boot slot B

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By doctor_whooves, Junior Member on 9th January 2020, 06:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I ended up flashing TWRP over my boot slot (B) and now I just boot into TWRP. I have already installed TWRP on boot slot (a). I can't remember which version of oxygenOS I have installed and couldn't find a way to confirm. How can I fix this? Also want to update to latest version of oxygenOS and android. No data on phone yet. phone still connects to computer, adb sideloader and fastboot commands still work work. Thanks
9th January 2020, 07:04 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,971

More
Are you saying you did fastboot flash boot of the TWRP img? You should be doing fastboot boot TWRP img, then flash the TWRP installer zip.

You can get the OS back up and running by flashing the correct boot.img via fastboot. Or use one of the fastboot stock ROMs.
9th January 2020, 07:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Are you saying you did fastboot flash boot of the TWRP img? You should be doing fastboot boot TWRP img, then flash the TWRP installer zip.

You can get the OS back up and running by flashing the correct boot.img via fastboot. Or use one of the fastboot stock ROMs.

ya, I fastboot flash boot the TWRP img following this video youtu.be/3oSycujvmP8?t=296

I guess I'll start flashing boot images until I land on the correct OS version, thanks
14th January 2020, 07:18 PM |#4  
Flag Long Beach
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_whooves

ya, I fastboot flash boot the TWRP img following this video youtu.be/3oSycujvmP8?t=296

I guess I'll start flashing boot images until I land on the correct OS version, thanks

never follow youtube guides...
follow the guides that are up to date here on XDA.
Look for the TWRP thread and follow the steps there.

boot to fastboot
boot TWRP image
Flash TWRP installer
success
14th January 2020, 08:38 PM |#5  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticarmyman

never follow youtube guides...
follow the guides that are up to date here on XDA.
Look for the TWRP thread and follow the steps there.

boot to fastboot
boot TWRP image
Flash TWRP installer
success

But to recover his phone, the OP will need the original boot.img from his OS version.
OP has already messed up the boot partition.
That has to be fixed first.
14th January 2020, 10:15 PM |#6  
Flag Long Beach
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_head

But to recover his phone, the OP will need the original boot.img from his OS version.
OP has already messed up the boot partition.
That has to be fixed first.

in this case the best thing to do is just unbrick using MSM
14th January 2020, 10:54 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticarmyman

in this case the best thing to do is just unbrick using MSM

Yes, I had to unbrick using msm. It worked. Was able to get phone rooted and stock recovery replaced with TWRP but it was a much bigger pain than I expected.
16th January 2020, 01:52 AM |#8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_whooves

Yes, I had to unbrick using msm. It worked. Was able to get phone rooted and stock recovery replaced with TWRP but it was a much bigger pain than I expected.

Glad you got it recovered.
There is an application called "Partitions Backup".
It allows you to back up all the phone partitions. The one you really want to backup from now on is the boot_a and boot_b.
Since you are rooted when you do an upgrade, grab the boot_a and boot_b before installing Magisk after the install.
This allows you to go back to stock. After you back them up, copy them to a computer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)