FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Working GCam mod for 7 pro?

687 posts
Thanks Meter: 125
 
By MrJiM, Senior Member on 15th May 2019, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Could someone who has the phone test GCam mod for 6T on 7 pro and see what works and what don't please?
 
 
15th May 2019, 06:34 PM |#2  
t2jbird's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 308
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJiM

Could someone who has the phone test GCam mod for 6T on 7 pro and see what works and what don't please?

Latest arnova couldn't get the portrait selfie mode to work. Didn't test much else. I'll let you know if I find a completely stable one
The Following User Says Thank You to t2jbird For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t2jbird Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 06:36 PM |#3  
MrJiM's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 125
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jbird

Latest arnova couldn't get the portrait selfie mode to work. Didn't test much else. I'll let you know if I find a completely stable one

I think I heard a reviewer say there was only 1 bugg and the rest works. It might have happend in my dreams.
16th May 2019, 04:35 AM |#4  
t2jbird's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 308
 
More
Everything works for me in this version except switching between the triple cams:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcam...90420.0415.apk

I had to tweak a few settings to keep the selfie from crashing.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to t2jbird For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t2jbird Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 05:36 AM |#5  
MrJiM's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 125
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jbird

Everything works for me in this version except switching between the triple cams:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcam...90420.0415.apk

I had to tweak a few settings to keep the selfie from crashing.

How is the picture quality? Better than stock? Especially in the dark?

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
16th May 2019, 11:05 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Can somebody paste here the same picture taken on Oxygen OS Camera app and GCam to compare?
16th May 2019, 12:53 PM |#7  
entwicklun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jbird

Everything works for me in this version except switching between the triple cams:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcam...90420.0415.apk

I had to tweak a few settings to keep the selfie from crashing.

so how does it work? we just install the app and use gcam app for the camera? I've never done it all. don't get my phone until 7 days away
16th May 2019, 12:55 PM |#8  
t2jbird's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 308
 
More
I'll post pics later for comparison, but the pics on the Gcam are much better. Colors and dynamic range are way better - low light is no competition.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t2jbird For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t2jbird Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 04:43 PM |#9  
Tweezydak1d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Installed it and it freezes on the camera as soon as I open it.
16th May 2019, 04:46 PM |#10  
t2jbird's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 308
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweezydak1d

Installed it and it freezes on the camera as soon as I open it.

Change the front camera model to Nexus 6p and then change the format to YUV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190516-114556.jpg
Views:	1482
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	4759861  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t2jbird For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t2jbird Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 06:06 PM |#11  
Tweezydak1d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jbird

Change the front camera model to Nexus 6p and then change the format to YUV

Thanks that worked!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes