FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to convert TMobile OP7 to International.

380 posts
Thanks Meter: 269

By slayerh4x, Senior Member on 2nd June 2019, 02:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all this is not my work I only tested theirs.
Credit to @themustached for finding that a patched .ops was the solution.
This guy doesn't even have the damn phone yet and did this for us so show some love. You can donate to him through paypal here - http://paypal.me/dustinwann
Also @Eliminater74 @jkyoho and others for their hard work and dedication to this conversion.

Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility for any damage done to your device by using this procedure. Everyone has problems sometimes so be civil and ask clear questions explaining where you failed if you expect help.
These instructions will convert your TMOBILE Oneplus 7 PRO to the International version of the phone.
This lets you unlock the bootloader, root, twrp etc.. Sim unlock is still being worked on.

Take a breath, drop the hype and read every single step before you even plug your phone into the PC.
These steps assume you understand you lose all data on the device, are sim unlocked, have the Download mode drivers installed, adb and fastboot and your device powered OFF.

1) Download both of these archives and extract them to a folder you can locate. - https://mega.nz/#!289BVITR https://mega.nz/#!St1DiShb Mirror - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294946

2) Open the MSM tool and uncheck the box next to SHA 256.

3) Hold both volume buttons for 5 seconds then plug in the USB cable. OR In ADB type "adb reboot edl".

4) Watch the MSM tool and the second it says *Connected* next to one of the COM ports, press START.

5) DO NOT unplug the device until after it says Success in green.

6) Once the phone boots into the system, go through all the setup options.

7) Enable Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.

8) Enter bootloader mode on your device and type "fastboot oem unlock".

You now have an unlocked international OP7.
If you want to root and install twrp dont take the OTA yet.

-Follow these two threads below then take the OTA, do that after you root and twrp. You can preserve root by going into Magisk Manager after the OTA installs, then press the top Install button on the right and use the after OTA option.
This will put you on the latest version with twrp, root and working sound/wifi.

1) Root - https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-boot-t3931205 by @acervenky

2) Twrp - https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...overy-t3931322 by @mauronofrio

3) OTA zips - https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...en-os-t3930585 by @Titokhan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Future proofing Update*
Hot off the press. Here is a tool that will allow you to patch an ops file without having to download a new modified one every update.
You can use this with a stock MSM or the modified one linked above. Must be run on an unmodified ops

Global
EU
China

1) Extract the Patcher into the same directory as your MSM tool and OPS firmware.
2) Launch the Patcher as admin. Now select the ops you want to patch and check all the boxes under Patch Options and click Start.
Patcher
3) Once it finishes you will be able to flash the ops file from the stock MSM or the modded one above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*TMobile Update*

The MSM tool/firmware for TMobile OP7Pro is now released.

You can find it on my other thread - HERE

Credit for this one also goes to @themustached.
The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to slayerh4x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slayerh4x Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 02:26 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haxonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 269

Donate to Me
More
Guacamole decryption key - 836tI3vZa3ixi9487IpxNEw-I5RGT3QjJXmm0dGYLcI

Additional decryption key - ezLIQmIL9j7OQV1qcvJtof8M0pCHYY_nC9W4pDaw3is

~FAQ~
~Not fast enough to start flash
If you press Start on the MSMTool it will "wait for device".
Doing this will make the flash start right when the phone enters EDL.

~MSM is getting stuck on Param Preload or something similar.
This can be caused by having old Oneplus L2 drivers from a different model installed.
-Follow the steps up until MSM gets stuck. Open Device Manager, right click on the Qualcomm device under the COM section.
Click Uninstall but do not check the box to delete the driver, then click Scan for Hardware changes. Now go to the folder you extracted the L2 driver to, right click the inf file and click Install.
You should be able to use the MSM tool right away but may need to exit and re-open. Also restart back into EDL if needed.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to slayerh4x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slayerh4x Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 02:26 AM |#3  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 88

More
You guys are the best, I'm going to try it once I get home. Do I need to unlock the bootloader if I don't want to after the conversion?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jram0421 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jram0421 Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 02:32 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 409

More
Can u lock bootlaoder and stay like international version plus get update update the air without pushing it?
The Following User Says Thank You to eduardmc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eduardmc Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 02:34 AM |#5  
Flag Elk Ridge, UT
Thanks Meter: 638

Donate to Me
More
I converted mine manually or I'd do this, but that was quick boys! Awesome job. Going to be lots of happy people now that this is out.
The Following User Says Thank You to justibasa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift justibasa Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 03:05 AM |#7  
Flag lithonia
Thanks Meter: 33

More
So this is the patched tool to convert to intl
The Following User Says Thank You to Primal instinct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primal instinct Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 03:06 AM |#8  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Yup I'll give it a shot once I get home!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jram0421 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jram0421 Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 03:06 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Can't wait to try this when I get home. Thank you all for the work.
The Following User Says Thank You to &roid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift &roid Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 03:09 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
So I did accidentally unplugged the device after doing the 5 seconds thing and plugged it into a computer. I unplugged it by accident and now it won't turn on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strike99Fear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strike99Fear Ad-Free
2nd June 2019, 03:14 AM |#11  
Flag lithonia
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike99Fear

So I did accidentally unplugged the device after doing the 5 seconds thing and plugged it into a computer. I unplugged it by accident and now it won't turn on.

Just press the power button for 20 seconds or so
The Following User Says Thank You to Primal instinct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primal instinct Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)