FORUMS

[Magisk] I flashed EdXposed Yahfa version over Sandhook. Now stuck on boot logo.

150 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By iamMG, Senior Member on 14th June 2019, 06:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I had successfully flashed Riru Core module and EdXposed Sandhook through Magisk yesterday. Everything was working fine, safetynet and all that stuff. However, Flat Style Bar Indicator wasn't working perfectly for me. I read that the Yahfa version might help with it, so I installed it without uninstalling Sandhook version first.
But now the phone gets stuck on boot logo indefinitely. I forcibly entered the Fastboot mode and went to TWRP recovery using my laptop. I uninstalled Magisk and reinstalled it. Device booted fine now.
Next, I flashed Riru module only and rebooted. It did reboot.
Next, I installed EdXposed Yahfa. Rebooted but stuck on boot logo again. Uninstalled Magisk and repeated the process with Sandhook. Same result again.
I uninstalled EdXposed using the official zip and tried reinstalling. Still no luck. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I really want to use Exi and Xposed Edge. Please someone help me with this.
14th June 2019, 07:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamMG

I had successfully flashed Riru Core module and EdXposed Sandhook through Magisk yesterday. Everything was working fine, safetynet and all that stuff. However, Flat Style Bar Indicator wasn't working perfectly for me. I read that the Yahfa version might help with it, so I installed it without uninstalling Sandhook version first.
But now the phone gets stuck on boot logo indefinitely. I forcibly entered the Fastboot mode and went to TWRP recovery using my laptop. I uninstalled Magisk and reinstalled it. Device booted fine now.
Next, I flashed Riru module only and rebooted. It did reboot.
Next, I installed EdXposed Yahfa. Rebooted but stuck on boot logo again. Uninstalled Magisk and repeated the process with Sandhook. Same result again.
I uninstalled EdXposed using the official zip and tried reinstalling. Still no luck. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I really want to use Exi and Xposed Edge. Please someone help me with this.

As far as I'm aware you HAVE to use sandhook with op7p. It always works for me. I also use exi as well...
14th June 2019, 07:26 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skj8100

As far as I'm aware you HAVE to use sandhook with op7p. It always works for me. I also use exi as well...

I get that. But the problem is, I am unable to make it work AT ALL. I am getting stuck at Boot logo if EdXposed zip has been flashed through Magisk.
14th June 2019, 07:35 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

I get that. But the problem is, I am unable to make it work AT ALL. I am getting stuck at Boot logo if EdXposed zip has been flashed through Magisk.

Worst case scenario use this for i know it works:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...agisk-t3931256

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote:

Worst case scenario use this for i know it works:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...agisk-t3931256

Just make sure follow steps after "xposed" once you get it to boot (wipe, restore, whatever)
14th June 2019, 08:10 PM |#5  
Flag Long Beach
Thanks Meter: 395

More
Quote:

I just installed the yahfa one seems to be running great, I'm just using gravity box, and still passing safety net
14th June 2019, 08:22 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:

Worst case scenario use this for i know it works

Funnily enough, I used this exact post to install Xposed.

Quote:

Just make sure follow steps after "xposed" once you get it to boot (wipe, restore, whatever)

This part doesn't mention anything about wiping the internal storage.
14th June 2019, 08:27 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Funnily enough, I used this exact post to install Xposed.

This part doesn't mention anything about wiping the internal storage.

I just meant if ultimately you were unsuccessful in getting it to boot properly as last resort... I assumed you cold get it back to stock rooted- sorry if I was unclear
The Following User Says Thank You to skj8100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skj8100 Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 01:36 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Anyone else running EdXposed and gravityBox on 9.5.8 and passing safetynet? which version of Edxposed are you running? sandhook or yahfa?
24th June 2019, 02:18 AM |#9  
Flag J'Ville
Thanks Meter: 4,443

Donate to Me
More
I made a thread to show how to remove magisk modules due to bootloops, check in the guide section.
24th June 2019, 03:39 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by equlizer

Anyone else running EdXposed and gravityBox on 9.5.8 and passing safetynet? which version of Edxposed are you running? sandhook or yahfa?

Running Yahfa, safetynet passing.
24th June 2019, 04:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 263

More
I just got sandhook installed and gravitybox. Everything working Time to tinker!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, edxposed, magisk, riru, stuck

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)