FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Multiple issues on Android 10 - downloads, notifications, battery

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By whisky_, Senior Member on 4th November 2019, 09:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

My OnePlus 7 was perfectly fine even after updating to latest stable 10 other than the play store bug, I now have even more problems

1. Notifications - I don't get push notifications. Gmail and WhatsApp remain stuck unless I open them. I've disabled battery optimization for them both and have also disabled the deep sleep optimization to no avail. I keep missing calls and messages because I didn't open the app.

2. Poor battery - my battery keeps draining a lot. Just listening to Spotify at work I went through 40% battery in a few hours. I used to get 7-8 hours SoT now it's around 4 hours. I tried looking into apps to get some stats but all have bad latest reviews. I even went through my apps to see if there was something rogue or one that I installed and removed all unwanted apps but still the same.

3. Downloads (including Play store) - playstore won't download files or will stay stuck at 99/100%. The only way to get it to work is to either disable the Google app and reboot or turn off Bluetooth and then reboot. I rely on Bluetooth for my wristband and my earphones so that sucks. Google app is also useful and it doesn't make sense to disable it to get downloads. Even for normal downloads e.g. in gmail, attachments won't download and are at 0% constantly.

Any help around this would be appreciated. I just dropped from 53-51% while writing this thread (took 3-4 minutes).

Anyone else with similar problems or solutions? Thanks.
4th November 2019, 11:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky_

Hi everyone,

My OnePlus 7 was perfectly fine even after updating to latest stable 10 other than the play store bug, I now have even more problems

1. Notifications - I don't get push notifications. Gmail and WhatsApp remain stuck unless I open them. I've disabled battery optimization for them both and have also disabled the deep sleep optimization to no avail. I keep missing calls and messages because I didn't open the app.

2. Poor battery - my battery keeps draining a lot. Just listening to Spotify at work I went through 40% battery in a few hours. I used to get 7-8 hours SoT now it's around 4 hours. I tried looking into apps to get some stats but all have bad latest reviews. I even went through my apps to see if there was something rogue or one that I installed and removed all unwanted apps but still the same.

3. Downloads (including Play store) - playstore won't download files or will stay stuck at 99/100%. The only way to get it to work is to either disable the Google app and reboot or turn off Bluetooth and then reboot. I rely on Bluetooth for my wristband and my earphones so that sucks. Google app is also useful and it doesn't make sense to disable it to get downloads. Even for normal downloads e.g. in gmail, attachments won't download and are at 0% constantly.

Any help around this would be appreciated. I just dropped from 53-51% while writing this thread (took 3-4 minutes).

Anyone else with similar problems or solutions? Thanks.

Just to clear, this is the oneplus 7 PRO forum mate. You have the standard or the pro?
4th November 2019, 11:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Peshawar

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallo dare

Just to clear, this is the oneplus 7 PRO forum mate. You have the standard or the pro?

Hey, it's the 7 Pro, 256GB Nebula Blue
5th November 2019, 11:28 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Peshawar

More
Anyone with any suggestions on any of these problems?
6th November 2019, 01:01 AM |#5  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,170

More
Quote:

Anyone with any suggestions on any of these problems?

Did you wipe the cache?
6th November 2019, 03:47 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
My unit is OP7 (not Pro), had similar problems, dreadful awful atrocious battery life.
Basically the latest Pie was great, why did I ever upgrade?

My tip for you: if you downgrade to Pie (as I did), do NOT do it via TWRP backup. This is what I did and ended up with a hard brick that took me all day to solve. There are threads about ways to downgrade, and TWRP is not the way to do it.

After all this mess, though, can't tell you how glad I am to be rid of Android 10 and back on Pie.
6th November 2019, 05:26 AM |#7  
I don't have these issues being on OOS 10.0.1. Never did. Must be doing something wrong. Also, I've downgraded to Pie many times using TWRP. If you do it correctly, meaning use the proper downgrade zip provided by OnePlus, then you shouldn't have any issues downgrading to Pie.
6th November 2019, 01:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnux

I don't have these issues being on OOS 10.0.1. Never did. Must be doing something wrong. Also, I've downgraded to Pie many times using TWRP. If you do it correctly, meaning use the proper downgrade zip provided by OnePlus, then you shouldn't have any issues downgrading to Pie.

Great to hear. How do you do it correctly using TWRP?
Here's how to do it wrong (what I did): I just did a restore with TWRP, without looking at any downgrade zips. For anyone interested, what is that process please?
6th November 2019, 01:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've cleaned install and did a factory reset and the problems in Android 10 still exists. It's been more than a month and OnePlus hasn't even fixed it. It's great that OnePlus provides updates to the older devices(3/3T) but if it delays and slows down the update of the latest ones, then it's really bad. I shifted from an iPhone and that's the only thing I miss, the software updates and quick fixes with the updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to nitishanand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitishanand Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 09:47 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Peshawar

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishanand

I've cleaned install and did a factory reset and the problems in Android 10 still exists. It's been more than a month and OnePlus hasn't even fixed it. It's great that OnePlus provides updates to the older devices(3/3T) but if it delays and slows down the update of the latest ones, then it's really bad. I shifted from an iPhone and that's the only thing I miss, the software updates and quick fixes with the updates.

That's why I'm concerned about doing a clean install. I don't want to go through the trouble and have the same issues again.

Has anyone found a solution at all? I've tried installing xxx no limits via Magisk and I might have noticed a 5% improvement in battery life but overall experience is still terrible.
7th November 2019, 10:51 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 428

More
Quote:

That's why I'm concerned about doing a clean install. I don't want to go through the trouble and have the same issues again.

Has anyone found a solution at all? I've tried installing xxx no limits via Magisk and I might have noticed a 5% improvement in battery life but overall experience is still terrible.

I'm using the latest xXx module and it's running great. I've heard WhatsApp drains huge battery on Android 10. Also I went back to Pie with a clean install, both A and B

Download unofficial TWRP for PIE by mauronofrio

- Reboot to TWRP
- Install Recovery Ramdisk for TWRP Pie
- Reboot recovery
- Flash Pie update
- Flash unofficial TWRP zip
- reboot to recovery
- Flash Pie update again
- Flash unofficial TWRP zip again
- reboot to recovery again
- Flash magisk if you like, but you can skip since your just going to update to Android 10
- Reboot to system
- Finish initial setup for Android Pie
- Go to TWRP again
- Install Recovery Ramdisk for TWRP Q A10
- Reboot recovery
- Flash Android 10 update
- Flash unofficial TWRP zip
- reboot to recovery
- Flash Android 10 update again
- Flash unofficial TWRP zip again
- reboot to recovery again
- Flash Magisk
- Reboot to system

You should have a very stable OOS 10 update.
The Following User Says Thank You to saiz136 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saiz136 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)