FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OnePlus 7 Pro now compatible with Visible Wireless (Verizon MVNO)

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By lokofly, Junior Member on 8th September 2019, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
With the latest OOS 9.5.13 the OP 7 Pro is now compatible with Visible Wireless (Verizon MVNO). Everything works, voice, text and data, without having to manipulate APNs or request enabling CDMA-less. Visible hasn't officially made the announcement yet but this is great for anyone who wants to use a Verizon based service for much cheaper than post paid. Anyone else been able to try their drive on Visible?

8th September 2019, 01:51 AM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 552

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokofly

With the latest OOS 9.5.13 the OP 7 Pro is now compatible with Visible Wireless (Verizon MVNO). Everything works, voice, text and data, without having to manipulate APNs or request enabling CDMA-less. Visible hasn't officially made the announcement yet but this is great for anyone who wants to use a Verizon based service for much cheaper than post paid. Anyone else been able to try their drive on Visible?

Big shame is not full compatible with Spectrum Mobile the is also Verizon MVNO.
9th September 2019, 01:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokofly

How do we know it works correctly on a US variant of this phone? Do you have one and is using it on that network?
11th September 2019, 11:16 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 961

More
I can't get Visible to recognize my imei as compatible on their website. Currently using vzw prepaid.
13th September 2019, 12:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper000

I can't get Visible to recognize my imei as compatible on their website. Currently using vzw prepaid.

Just tell the site you're bringing over an iPhone, then it won't check for IMEI. Working great on on my 7 Pro here, didn't have to do anything else once I got the sim.

Anyone signing up, there's $20 discount with a referral. Mine is "BmrNm", visible.com/referral/BmrNm
The Following User Says Thank You to MangoScango For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MangoScango Ad-Free
Yesterday, 05:58 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoScango

Just tell the site you're bringing over an iPhone, then it won't check for IMEI. Working great on on my 7 Pro here, didn't have to do anything else once I got the sim.

Anyone signing up, there's $20 discount with a referral. Mine is "BmrNm", visible.com/referral/BmrNm

So how are your speeds? I'm getting throttled at 5 mbps u/d. Sad. Pissed .

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 06:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Vowifi work?
Yesterday, 06:18 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdennert

Vowifi work?

No but I use Google Voice with a phone number for that.

Yesterday, 06:23 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles

So how are your speeds? I'm getting throttled at 5 mbps u/d. Sad. Pissed .

It varies, but generally fine. Friday I got limited below 1mps when I went downtown. Yesterday I broke 100mbps. Haven't been a situation where it's bothered me yet.
Yesterday, 08:20 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles

No but I use Google Voice with a phone number for that.

Thanks just wondering since they advertised vowifi I thought maybe they would have standardized it finally.

BTW Google Voice won't work over wifi on the 7Pro like it does on some phones. You have to install Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer and use those with your Google voice number.
Yesterday, 10:43 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdennert

Thanks just wondering since they advertised vowifi I thought maybe they would have standardized it finally.

BTW Google Voice won't work over wifi on the 7Pro like it does on some phones. You have to install Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer and use those with your Google voice number.

Never noticed that about google voice on 7pro....you're correct in airplane mode-need hangouts. Here is the funny thing,if I download Google Voice on my Chromebook it works without Hangouts installed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)