FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OnePlus 7 Pro in hand

567 posts
Thanks Meter: 106

By millerd79, Senior Member on 15th May 2019, 08:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was at the launch in NY and picked up a 7 Pro 12/256GB.

Guys this phone is sick fast, I'm not sure how they could make it any faster.

When I first heard about the phone having a pop-up camera I was worried because I use face unlock all the time. Face unlock is just as fast as before even with the camera having to raise up.

As for the camera I'm not a professional photographer just an average user and I can tell you the camera is fine. All the photos I took camera out good for me. For comparison I thought the camera on the 6t also was fine.

24hrs in and I have to say the phone is awesome. It might be the best phone I have ever used.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Edit...more thoughts

One of the things that really stand out to me is the haptic feedback when typing. It feel amazing! It almost feels like your pushing down on a keyboard buttons when typing.

I'm not sure about the battery...seems like that might be the weakest point but we will see after a few days onces things settle in.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to millerd79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift millerd79 Ad-Free

15th May 2019, 08:36 PM |#2  
Flag Bathgate
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Thanks for taking ur time mate, looking forward to more in depth tests
15th May 2019, 09:07 PM |#3  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,908

More
Nice review! Enjoy

How's the stereo speakers?
15th May 2019, 09:44 PM |#4  
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 125

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerd79

When I first heard about the phone having a pop-up camera I was worried because I use face unlock all the time. Face unlock is just as fast as before even with the camera having to raise up.

As for the camera I'm not a professional photographer just an average user and I can tell you the camera is fine. All the photos I took camera out good for me. For comparison I thought the camera on the 6t also was fine.

24hrs in and I have to say the phone is awesome. It might be the best phone I have ever used.

Edit...more thoughts

One of the things that really stand out to me is the haptic feedback when typing. It feel amazing! It almost feels like your pushing down on a keyboard buttons when typing.

I'm not sure about the battery...seems like that might be the weakest point but we will see after a few days onces things settle in.

Could you please test GCam mod for 6T and see what works and what don't?

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
15th May 2019, 10:27 PM |#5  
Flag DC/ Oslo
Thanks Meter: 25

More
You got the blue one, right? How do you like the color?
15th May 2019, 10:32 PM |#6  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

Edit...more thoughts

That's great news about Face Unlock. How's the new fingerprint reader? Does the phone feel heavy?
15th May 2019, 10:39 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft Lauderdale

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJiM

Could you please test GCam mod for 6T and see what works and what don't?

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

Do you have a link to the app?

15th May 2019, 10:42 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft Lauderdale

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VennligFiende

You got the blue one, right? How do you like the color?

I didn't have a choice of color at the event...they only had blue. I always get black so it's a nice change but I already covered it up with a case

The blue is super sexy.

The Following User Says Thank You to millerd79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift millerd79 Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 10:43 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft Lauderdale

More
Fingerprint reader is a step forward...I think they said it was 36% bigger. It definitely seems faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to millerd79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift millerd79 Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 10:45 PM |#10  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 647

More
Quote:

Edit...more thoughts

How hard to hold is it? The OnePlus 6 is like a bar of soap without a case, and the op7 pro looks like it's going to be even worse.

Did the OnePlus folks say anything about a oneplus made glass screen protector?
The Following User Says Thank You to xxBrun0xx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxBrun0xx Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 10:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Are you using it with tmobile?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)