FORUMS

OTG USB Hub not recognizing mouse + keyboard.

173 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By SpyFi, Senior Member on 3rd June 2019, 01:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I purchased a Dodocool 3 USB 3.0 + HDMI + External Power hub for my OnePlus 7 Pro. The adapter works fine on my Note 9. However, I can only get HDMI to work with my 1P7P. I have OTG Enabled. Any advice? Would really like to use the hub / monitor / keyboard and mouse. One I use a standalone type c to a OTG adapter keyboard and mouse works, just not with the hub.

Thank you in advance!
3rd June 2019, 01:49 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
USB storage is detected on USB 3.0 ports just not the mouse and kb.
3rd June 2019, 01:52 AM |#3  
Flag Torino
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I have the same issue and I opened some threads around the web looking for other feedbacks.

XDA
OnePlus Forum
Reddit
Android Central

The problem seems to be common on hubs that deliver video out. I tried using the original OTG cable paired with a simple USB3.0 4 ports hub and all the devices are properly recognized. Instead, complex hubs are recognized as a "storage" device, no matter what you attach to them (but storage + HDMI works on several hubs).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimoxTav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SimoxTav Ad-Free
3rd June 2019, 01:55 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I posted a similar question on Reddit. No answers yet, I basically want to know if Dex style hubs work with op7p. I currently use my old v20 with HDMI USB mouse and keyboard with power delivery, but it doesn't work with my v30 even tho USB to HDMI works. I want to buy this phone, but don't want to make the same mistake twice. I like using moonlight to stream my PC for gaming.
The Following User Says Thank You to thricer_7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thricer_7 Ad-Free
3rd June 2019, 02:02 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Dang, yea - I wonder if it is an issue with usb 3.0? It detects drives attached and HDMI just cannot talk to kb or mouse. I am going to keep poking around the system.
3rd June 2019, 02:39 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I wonder if it is a kernel level issue?
3rd June 2019, 02:54 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
I fixed it! Flash this kernel! https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...o-aka-t3933916
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpyFi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpyFi Ad-Free
3rd June 2019, 04:21 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So just to clarify, HDMI, USB keyboard/mouse, SD scard, and power delivery all work together?
3rd June 2019, 04:50 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thricer_7

So just to clarify, HDMI, USB keyboard/mouse, SD scard, and power delivery all work together?

Yep 100% after flashing the kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpyFi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpyFi Ad-Free
22nd June 2019, 12:58 PM |#10  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Can confirm, same here! It's just that kernel though, other kernels don't seem to work.
26th June 2019, 12:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirannl

Can confirm, same here! It's just that kernel though, other kernels don't seem to work.

Which kernels have you tried? It would be great if we could make a list of working ones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)