Thanks Meter: 163

By biglo, Senior Member on 26th January 2020, 12:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro
Build number: Oxygen OS 10.3.0 GM21AA
Anndroid Version: 10
Model: GM1910

Hello Everyone,

So today I did a fresh install on my device using the latest version of O0S (10.3.0). I used the latest unofficial TWRP and flashed the latest version of magisk as well. So I installed swift installer, vanced youtube and renovate rice, had no idea ever after rebooting a few times and to install my theme.

I then installed adaway, afterwards I rebooted it in order to get everything saved correctly and everything was ok. Afterwards I decided to whitelist a website and after whitelisting and rebot this time the phone booted into bootloader.

So I flashed the magisk uninstaller and rebooted and the phone booted up without any issues. I tried rebooting and flashing magisk again and got the same issue once again. Tried uninstalled again and it booted again. So I tried flashing magisk one more time and then trying using the "magisk mod uninstaller" and it gave me an error saying that magisk wasn't installed.

Can anyone help me with this issue?
26th January 2020, 02:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
This will reset your phone to factory new. You will lose your data.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...tools-t3956595

Some clarification:
1. Download the correct .zip and extract it.
2. Open the folder where you extracted the .zip file and run "MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe" by double clicking it. Wait for it to load.
3. Power off your phone.
4. Connect a USB cord to your Windows based PC. Keep the other end unplugged from your phone for now but within quick reach.
5. Hold the Volume UP and Volume DOWN buttons and while holding ONLY those two buttons plug the USB cord into your phone.
6. You should see your phone appear in the application. You can release the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons when your phone appears.
7. You have 10 seconds to hit the START button in the app or you will have to unplug and go back to step 3.

The app will reset your phone to factory like new. You will have to unlock your bootloader again. Your phone should be like the day you got it.

I had an issue with Adaway and Magisk bootlooping as well.

Not sure what causes it though.

Peace.
The Following User Says Thank You to ninrocket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ninrocket Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 07:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninrocket

This will reset your phone to factory new. You will lose your data.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...tools-t3956595

Some clarification:
1. Download the correct .zip and extract it.
2. Open the folder where you extracted the .zip file and run "MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe" by double clicking it. Wait for it to load.
3. Power off your phone.
4. Connect a USB cord to your Windows based PC. Keep the other end unplugged from your phone for now but within quick reach.
5. Hold the Volume UP and Volume DOWN buttons and while holding ONLY those two buttons plug the USB cord into your phone.
6. You should see your phone appear in the application. You can release the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons when your phone appears.
7. You have 10 seconds to hit the START button in the app or you will have to unplug and go back to step 3.

The app will reset your phone to factory like new. You will have to unlock your bootloader again. Your phone should be like the day you got it.

I had an issue with Adaway and Magisk bootlooping as well.

Not sure what causes it though.

Peace.

I think it is Adaway, I'm having the same problem :/ Oh well
26th March 2020, 11:14 AM |#4  
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 794

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff3r

I think it is Adaway, I'm having the same problem :/ Oh well

Haven't had any issues with it myself. But if you end up in a bootloop after installing a magisk module, get to twrp and navigate to /data/adb/modules in the file explorer. There you can delete problematic modules without resetting the phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeekMcLeod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GeekMcLeod Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)