FORUMS

Proximity Sensor Issue OP7P

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By 'Kulin' Niluk Perera, Junior Member on 6th June 2019, 05:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Guys!

Do you experience proximity sensor issues while answering calls on OP7P?

For me while I'm on calls. The display comes on and gets disturbed and get pressed by my ears all the time.

Also any idea of where the proximity sensor is located on OP7P?

Thanks 😃

The Following User Says Thank You to 'Kulin' Niluk Perera For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 'Kulin' Niluk Perera Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 06:11 AM |#2  
Flag Grass Valley
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yes, I'm having the same issues. While I'm on calls I often activate the notifications pulldown. It would be nice to know how to fix this.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamSHayward For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamSHayward Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 07:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
If you pull down the notification shade, the sensor is located just above the fifth icon on the first row. IE behind the screen.

If you pull the shade all the way down it is above and between the third and fourth icons. Easiest way to describe it. Put your thumb over that area with auto brightness on to watch the slider move.

Annoying while on a call that the screen comes on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larsdennert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift larsdennert Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 01:17 PM |#4  
Flag Dijon
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm experiencing the exact same issue with the caller app.

I also tried to make a flip cover to turn screen on or off with a proximity sensor detection app and it didn't work either.

I search a little in engineer mode (*#808#) and found that there is multiple proximity sensor, the IR sensor work quite well but it doesn't seem to be the default one.
The default one seems to be the ultrasonic sensor which works really bad.
There is also a "TP" proximity sensor which seems to be a near field detection which seems to work if I move my hand near the screen.

The sad thing is that in dedicated app to use or test proximity sensor (and in antutu or else) only one proximity sensor is listed (The ultrasonic one I guess) so you cannot switch to use the one which is working well.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4FR3NCH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D4FR3NCH Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 06:05 PM |#5  
Flag Independence, MO
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Isn't this in the wrong place? Shouldn't it be in the Questions and Answers section?

Mods?
The Following User Says Thank You to truckerdewd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift truckerdewd Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 07:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Probably just here looking for a mod to improve the situation
The Following User Says Thank You to larsdennert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift larsdennert Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 08:47 PM |#7  
Flag Dijon

More
Actually I was going to open a new thread in Q&A when I found this one with the same subject and problem.
Do you think I need to open a new thread?

Is any of you experiencing the same issue as I described in my answer?
The Following User Says Thank You to D4FR3NCH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D4FR3NCH Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 09:59 PM |#8  
Recognized Themer
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,918

Donate to Me
More
did anyone calibrate the proximity sensor using *#808# first? That seems to fix double tap to wake for some people
The Following User Says Thank You to schmeggy929 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schmeggy929 Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 10:07 PM |#9  
Flag Dijon

More
I tried to with no luck but as I explain in my first message the IR sensor is only used when screen is off (that's why it could help with double tap to wake)

But when screen is on another or couple another sensors are used and you can't calibrate them.
I think ultrasonic sensor is used when screen is on.

Do someone tested proximity sensor with any app on the play store? (Like proximity sensor test)

Put it on a table and check if it's working, mine is absolutely not. If I hold it like I was about to phone it works a little but it's not impressive.

Since I got 9.5.7 (EU version) earlier this evening screen turn off when I make a call.
21st June 2019, 01:01 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I'm having this issue since 9.5.8... It's very annoying and I'm really disappointed, I often turn on airplane mode during a call... I tried to calibrate but it doesn't work.
I'm very very frustrated
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack_Sparrow_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jack_Sparrow_ Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 03:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929

did anyone calibrate the proximity sensor using *#808# first? That seems to fix double tap to wake for some people

When I click on proximity test it says it needs calibration how do I do that cause otherwise I can not test my proximity sensor cause when I click on it nothing happens
I am on 9.5.8
The Following User Says Thank You to dallasnights For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dallasnights Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)