FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Quick launch camera from lockscreen

253 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By Firipu, Senior Member on 2nd December 2019, 09:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Silly question. I like to launch my camera from my lockscreen using the double press power button shortcut. If I remember it correctly, it used to unlock my phone, so I could take pictures instantly. But since the latest OxygenOS build, I always have to unlock my phone to open the camera after doublepressing power. Not sure if it has to do with the latest build or if I changed a setting somewhere.

Does anyone know if there is any to fix this behaviour?
2nd December 2019, 08:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Working here. It doesn't unlock the phone per say, just the camera. I'm guessing you have it turned in in settings, settings>buttons & gestures>quickly turn on camera.
3rd December 2019, 04:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallo dare

Working here. It doesn't unlock the phone per say, just the camera. I'm guessing you have it turned in in settings, settings>buttons & gestures>quickly turn on camera.

Yeah, I have it turned on. If my phone is unlocked, it works like a charm.

Yeah, it's not a full unlock, just the camera app. I can launch the camera app without unlocking from the homescreen by swiping the lower right corner. But the doubletap power button doesn't work. It does open the camera, because as soon as I unlock, the camera app is open and ready to shoot.
3rd December 2019, 09:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Same problem here on 10.0.2 for me... Any fix?
3rd December 2019, 03:32 PM |#5  
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 150

More
I use swipe gestures to open camera from lock screen...I like to use the letter V and it works great on 10.0.2
I use the letter O for the flashlight.
5th December 2019, 08:11 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseman

I use swipe gestures to open camera from lock screen...I like to use the letter V and it works great on 10.0.2
I use the letter O for the flashlight.

Yup, gestures work like a charm. Doubletapping power button doesn't.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)